Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I got reported to HR by this new lady at work last week.  She's frankly a bit miserable and been hard to get to know, and the other day she went to pick something up and cracked her head on a bookshelf, so I said 'Oh dear, you shelf harming again?' which I was quite pleased with.  Turns out she had a history of self harming when she was younger and I got told it was inappropriate to joke about it.  How was I supposed to know FFS.

amazing joke but know your audience before unleashing a joke like that!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I got reported to HR by this new lady at work last week.  She's frankly a bit miserable and been hard to get to know, and the other day she went to pick something up and cracked her head on a bookshelf, so I said 'Oh dear, you shelf harming again?' which I was quite pleased with.  Turns out she had a history of self harming when she was younger and I got told it was inappropriate to joke about it.  How was I supposed to know FFS.

Probably told this one before but I got pulled up after a conversation with an German HR partner who had been trying to pursuade me to watch Game of Thrones. 

Apparently my response to her was inappropriate. All I said was “I’m not interested. It’s all just tits and dragons and I don’t even like dragons”. 

Thankfully our head of HR is a mate and all she did was tell me to remember that German’s don’t have the best sense of humour. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, choffer said:

Thankfully our head of HR is a mate and all she did was tell me to remember that German’s don’t have the best sense of humour. 

Not sure people in HR should be stereotyping :crylaugh:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Not sure people in HR should be stereotyping :crylaugh:

She is the most inappropriate Head of HR I’ve ever met. Her corporate game is strong but behind closed doors, she’s a hoot. The German and her have beef so I knew I was in the clear. 

16 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Seriously though, if she reported you for that she deserves all the scorn you can muster against her. It would be different if you knew her past but as you clearly didn't it's a disgrace you got pulled up on it.

I work in quite a brutal office environment but everyone gives as good as they get including my female boss, who is the most inappropriate one there! :D

23 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

What were the chances of knowing ?!

For what it's worth, I applaud your quick, razor sharp wit ! 

Erm.....are we allowed to say razor ? ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Not even sure they should have disclosed that to you! 

Edited by Tayls

I work with a busy-body, everything and everyone matters and needs looking after, epileptic, hypochondriac, caring, bitchy, two-faced, quite possibly a compulsive liar ever.

I have to tread very carefully.

I might feed her to owl-boy one day.

And someone went into the back of my car today. Nothing major, must have been 5-10mph max, but I was stopped looking over my shoulder looking for a space to pull out onto a 70mph dual carriageway.  Good job I didn't roll forward more than 4 yards as a car came speeding past.. 

But, my neck is **** killing. All down the left side and I can't turn my head left much at all. Someone went into the back of me 3 years ago when I was stopped at traffic lights trying to get home from Leicester, that was much quicker, about 20mph, but I hardly felt a thing. 

The day after my wife bought a new car for the family too, which was meant to be hers..  I hope mine isn't a write off because it's a 09 Peugeot 308. It's not flashy, but I get 700 miles out of a tank, if I can't replace it with the money insurance give me, I'll have to use the new car, which will be horrible for my wife, who is excited to have a nice car for a change. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

And someone went into the back of my car today. Nothing major, must have been 5-10mph max, but I was stopped looking over my shoulder looking for a space to pull out onto a 70mph dual carriageway.  Good job I didn't roll forward more than 4 yards as a car came speeding past.. 

But, my neck is **** killing. All down the left side and I can't turn my head left much at all. Someone went into the back of me 3 years ago when I was stopped at traffic lights trying to get home from Leicester, that was much quicker, about 20mph, but I hardly felt a thing. 

The day after my wife bought a new car for the family too, which was meant to be hers..  I hope mine isn't a write off because it's a 09 Peugeot 308. It's not flashy, but I get 700 miles out of a tank, if I can't replace it with the money insurance give me, I'll have to use the new car, which will be horrible for my wife, who is excited to have a nice car for a change. 

Don't you get a hire car at the other persons insurances expense ? 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Don't you get a hire car at the other persons insurances expense ? 

Yea, just on phone to them now.

I'm more worried about getting a like for like with mine should it be declared a write off.

Edited by lapal_fan

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the hire car rental costs go in to the write off calculation so the longer you have it for the more likely a write off will be

I thought that might be the case.  I've got a hire car coming today (automatic Astra estate..) and my car doesn't get taken until Friday.

I think the writing is on the wall for it to be honest. 

I'm kinda bummed out. :(   

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

I thought that might be the case.  I've got a hire car coming today (automatic Astra estate..) and my car doesn't get taken until Friday.

I think the writing is on the wall for it to be honest. 

I'm kinda bummed out. :(   

How's your sphincter?

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

When you settle in for a nice long shit at work and then the cleaner knocks on the door coz she wants to clean the place.

word removed

"Ah, you must be the blumpkin I ordered".

Â