Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

13 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'm cycling everyday, playing football 4 times a week. Feeling really good in terms of fitness (not even blowing after 2 hours of running full pelt at footie) but when I get on my bike, my legs and arms are like 'no no no'. Feel like I've lost a yard of pace I had only last week at football. Even when I've just woken up and get on my bike to cycle to work, my legs already feel like I've ridden 50 miles.

All the exercise you're doing is on your legs (heart aside).  Cycling every day and football 4 times a week is effectively 11 leg workouts a week (and football probably counts double).  Maybe your legs just need a break.  You'd never work a body part that hard if you were in a gym.  You'd space it out.  Alternate.  I assume the football has team commitments so you can't just stop doing it.  Maybe don't cycle every day?  Muscles need recovery time as much as they need working.  Sounds like you've just burnt yours out for a bit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

First Brexit, now this

tbh I've never watched it so can't comment on it as a sitcom  , but from the posts I'm assuming it's not very good  .... thus it was probably the 48%er's that voted for it :P

1 hour ago, bickster said:

@tonyh29gets that said to him in many languages, he just doesn't know it :crylaugh:

EDIT fair play to Tony though for opening a packet that might as well say Man Cheese in Cyrillic script and opening that packet might not even dissuade you from that opinion

i was at it thinking bloody foreigners and their sunflower milk

1 hour ago, bickster said:

@tonyh29gets that said to him in many languages, he just doesn't know it :crylaugh:

EDIT fair play to Tony though for opening a packet that might as well say Man Cheese in Cyrillic script and opening that packet might not even dissuade you from that opinion

they sell man cheese in packets now , why wasn't i informed of such things

I'm crap at foreign languages but do have a fairly decent command of Hungarian ( i understand it much better than I speak it would be the kindest way to put it :))  .. we were on a lads trip there once and I over heard some Hungarian say to his mate look at those English rocket polishers , wish they would **** off before I knock them out .... I leant over to him and said in Hungarian "I can understand everything you say"   .. he went as white as a sheet and then they left very quickly ... but to get to my point  / the one you touched on .. I wonder how many times a day I get insulted whilst abroad and just don't know it  , if the UK is any benchmark ,I'd imagine the figure is quite high :)

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, BOF said:

All the exercise you're doing is on your legs (heart aside).  Cycling every day and football 4 times a week is effectively 11 leg workouts a week (and football probably counts double).  Maybe your legs just need a break.  You'd never work a body part that hard if you were in a gym.  You'd space it out.  Alternate.  I assume the football has team commitments so you can't just stop doing it.  Maybe don't cycle every day?  Muscles need recovery time as much as they need working.  Sounds like you've just burnt yours out for a bit.

Yeah I thought this, as well as my diet. If I'm putting my body through this much exercise and not refuelling, then it'll have an impact.

I didn't cycle today and I'll chill out until Sunday when I next have a game and see how it goes.

Thanks all :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

i was at it thinking bloody foreigners and their sunflower milk

in my defence , ABC is like a chain of supermarkets in Hungary .. as previously mentioned , I wasn't paying a full amount of attention anyway but I think I just subconsciously registered it as being a product from a Belarusian chain .....  that and I had no idea mayonnaise is made with sunflower  :blush:  , always assumed it was  vegetable oil

35 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I over heard some Hungarian say to his mate look at those English rocket polishers , wish they would **** off before I knock them out .... I leant over to him and said in Hungarian "I can understand everything you say"   .. he went as white as a sheet and then they left very quickly ... 

I had an almost identical experience in a north Wales pub (it wasn't me that understood Welsh, but one of my companions did). 

I've got relatives in  a small town in Southern Ireland. I got a fair bit of abuse when I went there to visit, and they heard me talking. It was mainly in the pubs. Singing pro IRA songs was the norm at the end of the night in the pubs. There was some girls party over there which we got invited to, or should I say the whole town got invited. More abuse followed. I ended up requesting "God Save The Queen" to the dj that did not go down well, and I refused to stand for the national anthem which seemed to be the norm at the end of the night at parties. That caused an argument with my cousins fella who's part paddy. I did meet a villa fan over there who was sound, and there were many nice people, but I did receive a fair bit of abuse for being English. 

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I've got relatives in  a small town in Southern Ireland. I got a fair bit of abuse when I went there to visit, and they heard me talking. It was mainly in the pubs. Singing pro IRA songs was the norm at the end of the night in the pubs. There was some girls party over there which we got invited to, or should I say the whole town got invited. More abuse followed. I ended up requesting "God Save The Queen" to the dj that did not go down well, and I refused to stand for the national anthem which seemed to be the norm at the end of the night at parties. That caused an argument with my cousins fella who's part paddy. I did meet a villa fan over there who was sound, and there were many nice people, but I did receive a fair bit of abuse for being English. 

I think the key words there are "small town". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

they sell man cheese in packets now , why wasn't i informed of such things

I'm crap at foreign languages but do have a fairly decent command of Hungarian ( i understand it much better than I speak it would be the kindest way to put it :))  .. we were on a lads trip there once and I over heard some Hungarian say to his mate look at those English rocket polishers , wish they would **** off before I knock them out .... I leant over to him and said in Hungarian "I can understand everything you say"   .. he went as white as a sheet and then they left very quickly ... but to get to my point  / the one you touched on .. I wonder how many times a day I get insulted whilst abroad and just don't know it  , if the UK is any benchmark ,I'd imagine the figure is quite high :)

I had similar in Warsaw. Some old, drunken bloke called an 'English word removed' or something when I was talking with one of my friends and we switched to Polish pretty loudly :D

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

First Brexit, now this

I don't really get what is so great about this show. I'm not a fan at all but I'll respect the people's decision and refrain from stooping so low as to question anyone's mental health who voted for it. That would be an extreme reaction, and only get extreme responses in return thus creating a merry-go-round of insults and abuse whilst any sensible discussion as to the reasons why people think that the show is funny, will never be had.

?

Edited by RimmyJimmer

5 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

I don't really get what is so great about this show. I'm not a fan at all but I'll respect the people's decision and refrain from stooping so low as to question anyone's mental health who voted for it. That would be an extreme reaction, and only get extreme responses in return thus creating a merry-go-round of insults and abuse whilst any sensible discussion as to the reasons why people think that the show is funny, will never be had.

What's your opinion on having another vote on the best sitcom of the 21st century, in say 2 years time? 

What if people watch a few more episodes and decide they have changed their mind? Should they be given that opportunity? Or is Mrs Brown's Boys the best sitcom of the 21st century forever now?

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Haha 1

On the speaking in tongues. I think we’ve probably all got variations on the same theme which only proves that there are pricks evenly distributed right across the world. I’ve experienced it in Malta and Germany. In both cases, other native speakers have then argued with the pillock about being a pillock. Which is my good news take away from the experience.

13 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

?

I don't it at all. I have watched little snippets and don't find it remotely funny. I come away feeling like I'm missing out on some in joke as its incredibly popular.

10 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

No such place as southern Ireland; it's the republic of Ireland. 

:thumb::lol:  Some people think the opposite to Northern Ireland is Southern Ireland.  TBH as far as ignorance of the island in general goes, it's probably the mildest form out there.  Unless it's being used maliciously.

Â