Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Whilst we're on the subject why have I got to wait until next Friday for the next two episodes of The Bridge, highly irritating to have a two week gap

TWO episodes? They've only been showing one a week, so far. 

Funny how we forget, this is how television always used to be. 

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

TWO episodes? They've only been showing one a week, so far. 

Funny how we forget, this is how television always used to be. 

Ah my bad then, I watched the first four on Saturday and presumed they were doing what they used to do, two episodes a week, every week

Edit: and it seems they are doing that next week

22 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

IMG_20180604_084138.png

There are two reasons to be pissed off about this: the obvious one and the fact that it's not at all funny (and wouldn't be even if they'd gotten it right).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Hello, I am so and so and I am calling from somewhere about something. Can you please look into this?"

"Yes sure, do you have a reference or the details of where this is located."

"Yes, sure, let me just load up my system and get those."

"No problem mate, you could have done that before you called me, I love sitting around listening to your mouse clicking for 5 mintues"

My car still not repaired after I was taken from behind (ooo er) a month ago.

On M42, guy reacts late to stopped traffic and bangs into back of my car.

He stops, we exchange details, he apologies. He's in a hire car.

Hire car company have some 3rd party company handling the incident and repairs etc. They hand me over to a repair centre to sort it out.

I send them pictures and video of the damage (small crease, broken plastic and the whole bumper is now a bit loose).

They put the estimate in for the repair 3 weeks ago and it was approved (apparently). They were waiting for the parts to arrive before it would be booked in.

I called them chasing it up and now an engineer is coming out to assess the damage... getting pretty pissed off with it all.

20 minutes ago, Genie said:

Hire car company have some 3rd party company handling the incident and repairs etc. They hand me over to a repair centre to sort it out.

I send them pictures and video of the damage (small crease, broken plastic and the whole bumper is now a bit loose).

They put the estimate in for the repair 3 weeks ago and it was approved (apparently). They were waiting for the parts to arrive before it would be booked in.

I called them chasing it up and now an engineer is coming out to assess the damage... getting pretty pissed off with it all.

Why are you letting a third party employed by the at-fault party dictate how this happens. I'd have got my garage to call an engineer in the first place, you really don't know what damage has occurred behind the bumper

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Why are you letting a third party employed by the at-fault party dictate how this happens. I'd have got my garage to call an engineer in the first place, you really don't know what damage has occurred behind the bum

Quite right, a prolapsed sphincter is nothing to to be blasé about. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, bickster said:

Why are you letting a third party employed by the at-fault party dictate how this happens. I'd have got my garage to call an engineer in the first place, you really don't know what damage has occurred behind the bumper

Well yes quite right. It seemed to be going fine until this recent hitch. Guy is coming out tomorrow so I'll be giving him a piece of my mind about how this is being handled. I sent them a video of the rear bumper wobbling and rattling.

I just rang them up actually and gave them an earful about how long this is taking.

Edited by Genie

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Sounds like you love a good rear-ending.

• Haha 1

This prat of a man on pointless called Stephen. Keeps hugging his mate, squeezing his shoulders and patting him on the back all the **** time. You can see his mate wants to clock him. What a lollipop.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

This prat of a man on pointless called Stephen. Keeps hugging his mate, squeezing his shoulders and patting him on the back all the **** time. You can see his mate wants to clock him. What a lollipop.

Well he got his just desserts - lost the head to head by one point. 

• Like 1

Just now, mjmooney said:

Well he got his just desserts - lost the head to head by one point. 

Yeah I was rooting for the two girls despite the Asian guy being a cool dude. 

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

There's a lad at work who's appearance is akin to the human embodiment of an Owl.  He's a scrawny fella, 22 inch waist, is the same width all the way up his body up to his stupid **** Owl hair-cut which flares out at the top & at the back, then he gels the front down and across his stupid **** Owl-y forehead.  

He has a stupid **** silky tache' because he's about 25. 

He a right Owl-y ****, and I hate him (never spoke to him, but he sounds like he's from Wolverhampton to make the stupid **** Owl-y bastard worse). 

AND THEN..

He has the audacity to drink water out of his bottle with (get this) BOTH of his lips on the outside of the bottle, with his stupid Owl-y **** beak. 

I'm going to Pets at Home tonight after work to buy some frozen mice to throw at him. Owl-y bastard. 

You must have been thinking about him owl day long. He sounds like a hoot.

• Like 1

Â