Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

My language is terrible, if the Queen asked me how my day had been i would probably say 'Its been **** alright' I have a real problem with my swearing, its strange because I actually have a large vocabulary, part of me says its where I grew up, everyone was **** and c****intg in every second word, it isn't that though, I just do it, I'm one of the people that Mooney is on about I suppose.

I think that I replaced eeerrrrrrrrrrrr with **** a long time ago, I have been trying for years to stop swearing but it just comes out

Edited by leemond2008

2 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

My language is terrible, if the Queen asked me how my day had been i would probably say 'Its been **** alright' I have a real problem with my swearing, its strange because I actually have a large vocabulary, part of me says its where I grew up, everyone was **** and c****intg in every second word, it isn't that though, I just do it, I'm one of the people that Mooney is on about I suppose.

I think that I replaced eeerrrrrrrrrrrr with **** a long time ago, I have been trying for years to stop swearing but it just comes out

I gave up a long time ago, I just swear now because thats me

2 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

People who say "you know what I mean" after every few words

I like to say "yes I know what you mean" every time they say it.

Every now and again I say "No I don't know what you mean" But they never stop to explain, before they carry on talking

I know what you mean

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Genie said:

On the charity thing the thing that really pisses me off is people asking for money for something they were going to do anyway.

Will you sponsor me to ride 100 miles this Saturday on my 3 grand bike?

Didnt it used to be something hard or not nice? Like the old fashioned leg wax, head shave or bath full of beans?

A lad that I used to work with once asked me to sponser him to not drink for a month (he had already told me that he was going to do it before the whole sponsering shit came into it) I told him to **** off with his charity.

Now  if I said I wasn't going to drink for 1 month that would probably kill me (so it would be worth the sponser money but ultimately I would be doing it for myself).....and that is my point, people want money for shit like 'I bet I can eat breakfast everyday for a month and you need to give me £5

Tell you what, you **** arse licking **** pig go paint a **** nursery and I might consider it, if you are asking me to sponser you to run 5 miles when you normally run 10 miles then get to **** you stupid orrible word removed.

I **** hate the whole 'I'm better than you' persona that these people pull, **** em, **** em all in the ass

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Every now and again I say "No I don't know what you mean" But they never stop to explain, before they carry on talking

Same as when people say "Tell me about it".

I always reply with "I just did".

11 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'm afraid it is.  :(

The day my three year old drops his first f-bomb I’m going to have a hard time trying not to laugh. Words are innocent. 

That being said, I make sure I never swear around him. He’ll learn soon enough but I’d rather it not be from me. 

13 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Yesterday I was in earshot of a 'side-by-side' (a one-on-one training session, as it's called at my work) between two people, where "to be fair" was used no less than 30 times in the space of a 10 minute exchange. At first I found it funny, and then as the conversation went on, I just became more and more amazed that neither of them could see that they were each using it every 20 words. To be fair.

11 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I’m pretty sure I didn’t know a single swear word until I was about 7 or 8. I certainly can’t remember me being aware of any before then. 

I remember aged 9 walking back from school and one of my class mates had graffitied “Mark is a dick” on the back of a road sign. My witty retort was to rub out “Mark” and replace it with “Oliver”. 

Just as I’d finished making the change, my mum drove past. I can still recall the look of appalled anger on her face. I was back out there 20 minutes later cleaning the sign with soap and water.

My one and only foray into graffiti.

I learned the c word at 8. The rough kid in the class was telling us it was a bad word and me being innocent, I didn't believe him.

Skip forward to Sunday dinner with grandma and I ask 'mum is c word a swear word?'

Brilliant reactions all around.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Xela said:

Clients of mine who eff and jeff all the time when I'm meeting them or on a call with them. I have a good relationship with most of them and i'm no prude but it makes me a feel a little uneasy as at the end of the day i'm still a professional contact and we are talking business. 

I once had a client who within the first 10mins of conversation told me he masterbates in the cupboard when he does a really big deal. He said it in such a way that I had/have no idea whether he was joking. He didn't laugh and neither did I. Relationship was always on an awkward footing after that.

I was in year 3, sat making **** macaroni pictures or summat, and myself and 4 co-learners were discussing swearwords.

I didn't know many, but I was adamant rocket polisher wasn't one.  So confident that it didn't mean anything that I stood up and shouted (not terribly loudly, but loud enough for a few nearby tables could hear) "everyone here is a rocket polisher!". 

The boy who told me the swearword then went and told on me, and Mrs Snape (a genuinely hate filled Welsh woman in her 40s gave me such a bollocking outside the classroom, I think I cried. 

Then I told my mom at home and my mom went and spoke to her (defended me) so I think we all agree, I won. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I will tell you what really has pissed me off today. I have had a frozen shoulder since last August it is very painful when I have to stretch my arm to reach or even to tuck my shirt in. 

So eventually today I went to see a Chiropractor about an hour ago

He pushed his thumbs into my shoulder in several places for fifteen minutes and said "does that hurt "  cause it Fking hurt, his was pushing his thumbs into my shoulder (the sore one)

Didn't hurt as much as the bill though £55, for 15 minutes. It took me longer to get my shoes off and on

Is this the going rate ????

• Thanks 1

I remember the first time I got told off for swearing wasn't the first time I swore.

A mate's dad was driving my mate and I somewhere.

I still vividly remember that I said something about locking the doors. Suddenly his dad turned round and absolutely bollocked the **** out of me. I was dumbfounded. I didn't know what I'd said. 

I THINK he thought I said "****" but I don't think I even knew that word then so I was baffled. I must have looked like a deer in headlights.

A few weeks later I told my sister to **** off and my Mom bollocked me and told me that was the word my mate's dad had thought I'd said when he told me off.

I will tell you what really has pissed me off today. I have had a frozen shoulder since last August it is very painful when I have to stretch my arm to reach or even to tuck my shirt in. 

So eventually today I went to see a Chiropractor about an hour ago

He pushed his thumbs into my shoulder in several places for fifteen minutes and said "does that hurt "  cause it Fking hurt, his was pushing his thumbs into my shoulder (the sore one)

Didn't hurt as much as the bill though £55, for 15 minutes. It took me longer to get my shoes off and on

Is this the going rate ????

Snake oil merchants. They can help with a small number of lower back complaints. Everything else is bullshit.

• Like 3

Â