Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

Desperate Twitter users who put a blue diamond symbol next to their name to facsimile a blue check mark. Cringeeeee

The rules for getting a blue tick annoy the shit out of me, we've (the company I work for) been trying for two years due to numerous fake accounts, Twitter don't want to know

9 hours ago, maqroll said:

Amazon customers who answer other customer product questions like this- "Sorry, but I don't know."

:bang:

Same on TripAdvisor

"Does this hotel have lift access?"

"Don't know, sorry"

• Haha 1

Celebrity posts on Instagram/Twitter/Youtube that gather thousands upon thousands of replies of people saying the most inane rubbish you can imagine that will never be read by said person.

Utterly bizarre.

Edited by AVFCDAN

3 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Celebrity posts on Instagram/Twitter/Youtube that gather thousands upon thousands of replies of people saying the most inane rubbish you can imagine that will never be read by said person.

Utterly bizarre.

Keep doin wot ur doin Dan, Luv u bbz xxxxxxx if u r in brum next I’ll show u round xoxo

Edited by Ingram85
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Anyone who works outside of contracted hours has lost sight of the point of life. 

Regularly, maybe.

Can't agree for ad hoc occasions though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

Nah, my shift finishes at 20:00 so at 20:00 I go home. 

And if you're in a job where you can do that then fair play.

I leave on time most of the time, but there are occasions where I have to stay. Nobody is making me, but if I left then I'd miss a deadline or leave other people in the shit the next day.

I don't think I've lost sight of the point of life though...

• Like 1

Life > job, when you leave/die the job you had will be filled, the company will continue and the owners will carry on being filthy rich. If I’m ever at a point in my life where I’m worried about crap like deadlines in a job it’s either time to leave or put a bullet in my head.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Life > job, when you leave/die the job you had will be filled, the company will continue and the owners will carry on being filthy rich. If I’m ever at a point in my life where I’m worried about crap like deadlines in a job it’s either time to leave or put a bullet in my head.

Fair enough.

I'm perfectly happy with my work life balance, and the job I have enables my life to be better. I'm comfortable with that.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Utterly bizarre.

I used to follow that selfie queen karen danczuk simply to read the pathetic replies she got to her latest boobs out, eyes like bambi pics (thanks to photo filters).....well until I liked a p!ss taking comment another bloke made about a pic of her and some bloke with his shirt off.....and now she's blocked me :D

Some of the replies she gets.....sad old men who think she's a natural beauty (boob job !); that want to be her other half and other general sycophantic drivel that this attention seeking whore craves.

Luckily she hasn't yet blocked me on Instagram........i wonder if she'll marry me ;) 

Edited by mottaloo

9 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I used to follow that selfie queen karen danczuk simply to read the pathetic replies she got to her latest boobs out, eyes like bambi pics (thanks to photo filters).....well until I liked a p!ss taking comment another bloke made about a pic of her and some bloke with his shirt off.....and now she's blocked me :D

Some of the replies she gets.....sad old men who think she's a natural beauty (boob job !); that want to be her other half and other general sycophantic drivel that this attention seeking whore craves.

Luckily she hasn't yet blocked me on Instagram........i wonder if she'll marry me ;) 

I also follow her on Twitter, for her political opinions of course.

I kind of get replying to someone like that because inevitably she will read the 20 replies to her twitter posts. Why you would feel the need to say anything to a Z list celebrity is another question altogether.

38 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

You work as a carer for the NHS, no? 

I'd hope that if you were in the middle of something, or someone was relying on you to help them, then despite it being "end of my shift" you wouldn't just leave on the dot - I'd hope you'd stay and help them. 

Stevo works in an entirely different industry, but it's still the thing of "helping himself or helping others" which makes him stay a bit longer after "end of my shift".  It's also professional pride, enjoying what you do etc. 

I very much agree with you on the "leave on time"/"I'm only paid so much for my job"/"**** everyone at the top getting filthy rich" - but, it isn't entirely black and white.  If you get to the point where work are clearly taking the mick though, then by all means stop what you're doing, get yourself on a course where you can take another route (something I'll be doing soon) and change.

But don't be so blasé about other peoples choices and how they live their lives - even if Stevo is a evil robot accountant :D - it can come across as dickish. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I also follow her on Twitter, for her political opinions of course.

I kind of get replying to someone like that because inevitably she will read the 20 replies to her twitter posts. Why you would feel the need to say anything to a Z list celebrity is another question altogether.

I believe she plays at politics and is typical of the Z list celeb you mention. She was a pee poor local councillor by all accounts and now invariably relies on getting her tits almost out to maintain some sort of public interest....that and occasional chat show appearances. 

Anyone who sells their old bikini on eBay.....well, I just can't take seriously. 

The number of people who don't realise that you can edit your own Facebook posts, and keep adding further ones with stuff like "D'oh, cats not casts, bloody predictive text". Just change it, FFS. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â