Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

The car insurance rigmarole. Renewal comes through.. gone up by £200. Go to a few comparison sites, get an idea of the best quote. Ring up original company and they match it on the spot. 

Yeah it’s ridiculous. I’ve been with the same company for 3 years now, but every year I have to phone up and say “you’ve quoted me £1,000 in your letter, but it says you’ll do it for £400 on this comparison site. Can I have that price please?”

43 minutes ago, Xela said:

The car insurance rigmarole. Renewal comes through.. gone up by £200. Go to a few comparison sites, get an idea of the best quote. Ring up original company and they match it on the spot. 

I had my home insurance renewal yesterday. Didn't even bother with the price comparison, just called them up and told them what price I wanted. 

It's ridiculous. Car insurance, contents insurance, phone contracts, utilities, mortgages, broadband/TV, breakdown cover... I shouldn't have to call all of these people to stop them ripping me off every year. 

• Like 2

My poor old Aygo is in need of a clutch replacement.  Every time I touch the clutch the thing turns into a tractor.  I wouldn't mind really given that it is 8 years old but why the fudge does it have to happen over Easter?! Ggggrrr.  

Edited by trekka

52 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I had my home insurance renewal yesterday. Didn't even bother with the price comparison, just called them up and told them what price I wanted. 

It's ridiculous. Car insurance, contents insurance, phone contracts, utilities, mortgages, broadband/TV, breakdown cover... I shouldn't have to call all of these people to stop them ripping me off every year. 

In no other country I've lived in has this been the norm. 

On 29/03/2018 at 11:23, Paddywhack said:

I can't believe he got to go home because he couldn't find his wallet.

I stayed at work after I got there and realised I'd been sitting in a piss soaked bus seat for half an hour, assuming it was rain water.

Thinking about it I should have gone home, I stank.

Even if you thought it was rain water, why would you sit in that seat for the whole journey? That is mental

On 29/03/2018 at 15:05, Paddywhack said:

My wife was getting a car delivered (delivered? do you get a car delivered?) once between 10am-1pm, when she was at work and I was off.

I woke up at 9 and was half way through a shower when the door bell rang. I wrapped a towel round myself and answered the door and the bloke was annoyed at me for having to wait. I told him he was early.

I then had to 'inspect' the car and to sign to say it was delivered (delivered?) in good condition, check the mileage, etc. All in my little towel.

Why didn’t you just say “mind if I just go and pop some clothes on?”

is your life a sitcom? :) 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

In no other country I've lived in has this been the norm. 

In British Columbia there's only one insurance company, ICBC, who are affiliated with local government.

They keep putting the premiums up because the University of British Columbia has lots of overseas students, particularly from Hong Kong, China and Taiwan.  An unusually high percentage of them drive, and frequently crash, brand new Ferraris and Lambourghinis.

They set the fees and there's no haggling.  If they put the premiums up and you don't want to pay it, sell your car.

• Like 1

The **** wall to wall rain this bank holiday weekend. We’re away supposedly till Tuesday but already talking of going home Sunday if it’s still pissing down.

Edited by Genie

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

The **** wall to wall rain this bank holiday weekend. We’re away supposedly till Tuesday but already talking of going home Sunday if it’s still pissing down.

Looks like it's gonna go on all next week as well. 

15 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Yeah it’s ridiculous. I’ve been with the same company for 3 years now, but every year I have to phone up and say “you’ve quoted me £1,000 in your letter, but it says you’ll do it for £400 on this comparison site. Can I have that price please?”

I don’t really have that. This year my renewal letter came and I thought “oh here we go”, but it was about £20 more than last year and only £5 more expensive than the best comparison quote I could find. So I just kept it. Last year my renewal letter was only £40 more than the best comparison quote too. Maybe next year will be the bumper price.

18 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I don’t really have that. This year my renewal letter came and I thought “oh here we go”, but it was about £20 more than last year and only £5 more expensive than the best comparison quote I could find. So I just kept it. Last year my renewal letter was only £40 more than the best comparison quote too. Maybe next year will be the bumper price.

Last couple of years that’s true of me too, small increase so I let it run.

AA on the other hand always try to rip me off every year before dropping their price back with a phone call.

• Like 1

Â