Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Yes, America had a long history of terrorism. That's the joke.

They actually tend not to treat McVeigh or Kaczynski as terrorists, for some reason.

You also have the original WTC bombing of course.

29 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

This is one that absolutely should piss me off, and absolutely does. I was made aware of a Facebook post, that relates to the 'Football Lads Alliance' march, in Brum last Saturday. It was from a group claiming to be the Doncaster chapter of the 'FLA'. The post was in relation to the fact that part of the reason for the march, was to draw attention to the justice campaign for the victims of the Birmingham pub bombings. As with a lot of right wing musings, it was poorly written, but what pissed me off was the fact the writer, said that the bombings were the work of Muslim terrorists! Are people really that stupid?!

The FLA will tell you that they're against all extremism, but it didn't take too much scratching to get to surface of the real agenda.

One of the guys I was out with last week was going to that march. He's one of them football/britain first types. He's not malicious or anything, just read the Daily Mail too many times.

To be fair to him I had an interesting discussion with him and I do think I changed his mind on a couple of things (Brexit mainly but that's easy if you're talking to someone willing to listen)

But he still didn't like it when I said that march sounded like the kind of thing that is pitched under the banner of "Anti Extremism", which of course we all are, but would descend into a EFL style march

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Yes, America had a long history of terrorism. That's the joke.

They actually tend not to treat McVeigh or Kaczynski as terrorists, for some reason.

You also have the original WTC bombing of course.

Yep, forgot that one myself even though I remember sitting in a bar in Prescott, Arizona talking to a Mr England, who claimed there was no terrorism in the USA, which got a hearty laugh from me as I asked him what the WTC bombing was then. iirc it was about 6 months after the bomb and the event had completely passed him by, he didn't know what I was talking about

But he wasn't the sharpest tool in the box as later I managed to persuade him that, his wife shouldn't complain about his drinking as it was clearly a genetic thing as he clearly originated from England due to his surname. Off he went to have an argument with his wife about his drinking being something he couldn't help because British people all drink. He was also a lineman of the county. Its when I learned what a lineman actually was.

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

. Its when I learned what a lineman actually was.

Which brings me neatly to knowing what a lineman is but Jake Bugg covers the song and sings linesman. This pisses me off.

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Which brings me neatly to knowing what a lineman is but Jake Bugg covers the song and sings linesman. This pisses me off.

You could have just said Jake Bugg and I'd have agreed with you at that point

• Like 2

In a desperate attempt to tidy up my house in advance of entertaining a young lady tonight, I decided that I'd "do the shake n vac" and give my front room a fresh, citrussy aroma.

Problem is my vacuum sucks (or doesn't, that's the point) and despite it's best efforts, my front room now looks like I have a serious coke problem, no matter how much sweeping i do :(

She'll be here in a couple of hours. What do I do ?!?! (Apart from DHUTWU ?!) 

Edited by mottaloo

9 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

In a desperate attempt to tidy up my house in advance of entertaining a young lady tonight, I decided that I'd "do the shake n vac" and give my front room a fresh, citrussy aroma.

Problem is my vacuum sucks (or doesn't, that's the problem) and despite it's best efforts, my front room now looks like I have a serious coke problem, no matter how much sweeping i do :(

Snort it all up!

• Haha 1

- 1 plastic or cardboard tube

- 1 tissue

- 1 elastic band

Using the elastic band, attach the tissue over the 'mouth end' of the tube. Then slowly walk around your house, like a tall aardvark, sucking up all of the powder, remembering to run to the nearest bin at the end of every in-breath. Or just go and quickly buy a new vaccuum cleaner. It sounds like you need one anyway, and you must be near a Lidl/ Argos/ Asda where you can probably pick one up for under £30.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Problem is my vacuum sucks (or doesn't, that's the problem) and despite it's best efforts, my front room now looks like I have a serious coke problem, no matter how much sweeping i do :(

Vacs and coke you say? Paging Dr Rugeley...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Some moron in the cubicle next to me was just humming 'if you go down to the woods today'. I found myself loudly rolling the toilet roll, in the hope that he thought he was alone and would stop... but nope, he seemed to actually get louder.

5 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Some moron in the cubicle next to me was just humming 'if you go down to the woods today'. I found myself loudly rolling the toilet roll, in the hope that he thought he was alone and would stop... but nope, he seemed to actually get louder.

Was he clapping along as well?

If so, it was probably @Paddywhack

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Problem is my vacuum sucks (or doesn't, that's the point) and despite it's best efforts, my front room now looks like I have a serious coke problem, no matter how much sweeping i do :(

buy a rug or, introduce her to it claiming it is an avant garde art piece entitled "la grande neige" which you admit to having second thoughts about. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Rodders said:

buy a rug or, introduce her to it claiming it is an avant garde art piece entitled "la grande neige" which you admit to having second thoughts about. 

Haha ! That is quality..... I might just try that :D

2 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Go out and grab a Henry.

If you manage to woo your lady friend then great, if not it'll keep you busy later when she's gone, win win.

I'd go for a Henrietta in that case. 

• Haha 1

Yodel piss me off massively. To the extent I don’t buy anything off companies who use them. Every single time I have, there has been an issue. I bought a new bike online and forgot to check the company delivery policy. It was f***king Yodel! No surprise, they’ve been shit again.

Â