Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Umbrellas and the words removed that carry them. 

What if its raining and I’m going out? You on about the nobhead eye pokers?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

What if its raining and I’m going out? You on about the nobhead eye pokers?

Walking down a very busy street, full of words removed with umbrellas making it 10 times harder for anyone to get around. 

Put your hood up, wear a hat, drive a car. Stop assaulting everyone else’s face with your stupid brollies. 

• Like 1

On 30/03/2018 at 17:29, trekka said:

My poor old Aygo is in need of a clutch replacement.  Every time I touch the clutch the thing turns into a tractor.  I wouldn't mind really given that it is 8 years old but why the fudge does it have to happen over Easter?! Ggggrrr.  

On 30/03/2018 at 17:49, chrisp65 said:

with a bit of luck, if it dies on Good Friday it might come back to life on Easter Sunday

fingers crossed for you

This is definitely the way to do it.  To ensure succes I would leave it in Tile Cross overnight as well. 

Partners reaction to our DIY

I posted in the Hull match thread, that I had painted the bathroom and watching the paint dry was more exciting than watching the match

Mrs T looked at it and said "Considering your not a professional painter and decorator, you have made a good job of it" 

Did she hell she actually said "Its patchy, you have some on the ceiling and Its not as good a job as Derek did on the hall stairs and landing"

My reply.

"Derek is a professional painter and decorator and charged us £150,  If I was as good as he is. I would be doing it for a living. Then I would be out all day painting some lonely housewife's bedroom and bathroom while her husband was at work"

Nothing else was said.

But here's another tip . Leave a patch by the light switch. The Mrs will see it straight away and point it out to you . She goes away happy and doesn't bother to look for other parts missed

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Easter.  What a boring load of bollocks.

you're kidding me?

I've just spent a great afternoon rubbing down the parquet flooring in the hall and then re applying various wood treatments and polishes, all whilst listening to radio 4.

Crazy times.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Easter.  What a boring load of bollocks.

Never! I'm grateful of the down time. Plus eating Easter eggs! 

• Like 1

All this public support & sympathy for Dec (of Ant & Dec fame) for being a brave and true professional in having to run his tv show single handed. Now let's be clear here; I'm not having a pop at Dec himself but the moronic sheep that follow him & his sidekick. Also, the amount of media attention it has got even from rival organisations like BBC.........I guess just cos it's a celeb that got caught D&D makes it "sexy".........but come on........ it's not as if this bloke is the only doctor in A&E on a sat night !!?

Whilst on my soapbox........the pathetic, fawning tweets the likes of kirsty gallacher & Z list celeb Karen Danzczuk receive from sad men, some of whom believe in their own world that they might have a chance with them. For example, La Danzczuk posts an instragram pic of her face (and surgically enhanced cleavage) and uses a photo filter to make her eyes all bambi-like, thins her face and pouts her lips : cue the cringy, slobbering replies.........:puke:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Whilst on my soapbox........the pathetic, fawning tweets the likes of kirsty gallacher & Z list celeb Karen Danzczuk receive from sad men, some of whom believe in their own world that they might have a chance with them. For example, La Danzczuk posts an instragram pic of her face (and surgically enhanced cleavage) and uses a photo filter to make her eyes all bambi-like, thins her face and pouts her lips : cue the cringy, slobbering replies.........:puke:

Did they ignore you? :P

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Oh man..... are you saying that I'm just wasting my time? 

• Haha 1

This feature from Bloomberg is an excellent piece of writing about the people making a fortune from scam adverts ('affiliate marketing') on Facebook, and the very minimal shits that Facebook seem to give on the subject:

How Facebook Helps Shady Advertisers Pollute the Internet

'It was a Davos for digital hucksters. One day last June, scammers from around the world gathered for a conference at a renovated 19th century train station in Berlin. All the most popular hustles were there: miracle diet pills, instant muscle builders, brain boosters, male enhancers. The “You Won an iPhone” companies had display booths, and the “Your Computer May Be Infected” folks sent salesmen. Russia was represented by the promoters of a black-mask face peel, and Canada made a showing with bot-infested dating sites.

They’d come to mingle with thousands of affiliate marketers—middlemen who buy online ad space in bulk, run their campaigns, and earn commissions for each sale they generate. Affiliates promote some legitimate businesses, such as Amazon.com Inc. and EBay Inc., but they’re also behind many of the shady and misleading ads that pollute Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and the rest of the internet.

[. . .]

The Berlin conference was hosted by an online forum called Stack That Money, but a newcomer could be forgiven for wondering if it was somehow sponsored by Facebook Inc.Saleswomen from the company held court onstage, introducing speakers and moderating panel discussions. After the show, Facebook representatives flew to Ibiza on a plane rented by Stack That Money to party with some of the top affiliates.

It was hard to believe that Facebook would cozy up to disreputable advertisers in mid-2017 as it was under intense scrutiny from lawmakers and the media over revelations that Russian trolls had used the platform to influence the 2016 presidential election. Officially, the Berlin conference was for aboveboard marketing, but the attendees I spoke to dropped that pretense after the mildest questioning. Some even walked around wearing hats that said “farmin’,” promoting a service that sells fake Facebook accounts.'

The story goes on to focus on one particular guy, who has become one of the richest men in Poland off the back of a 'lottery' that costs $89-per-month to enter, is all but impossible to leave, and occasionally gives out a free iPhone. The story ends with this particular piece of pondlife engaging in some reflection. So close to being a human, but not quite there:

'Sitting on a bench on the Santa Monica pier after a ride on the Ferris wheel, I asked Gryn about the ethics of affiliate marketing. He said he’d stopped doing it himself, because he started to get handwritten complaints from people who’d entered his iPhone sweepstakes and couldn’t figure out how to cancel the recurring charges. “I had no idea that this is what it’s doing to people,” he said. “As an affiliate marketer, you just look at the numbers. You don’t see the faces. You don’t see the people that you’re potentially financially hurting. It just sucks money out of the poorest people.”

[. . .]

The moment passed quickly. “You can’t abandon the skill set that makes you successful,” he said. “You’d have to be some sort of hippie.” As we walked back along the boardwalk to his apartment, he talked about his plan to raise tens of millions of dollars for Codewise by creating a cryptocurrency. Gryn said the token will enable him to revolutionize the affiliate-marketing business, cut out other middlemen, and build a billion-dollar company. Also, there was his 32nd birthday to plan. He was thinking of going back to Ibiza.'

Infuriating, but important, read. 

• Like 1

Â