Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

34 minutes ago, bickster said:

You sir would be first to test my ejector seat, obviously as I was in the process of running Peter Kay over

Most Taxi drivers lie to these questions and find them f***ing irritating because the answers to these questions would often give the customer a clue as to how much money the driver had on him and if he was worth mugging

**** me... are people really that scummy?

I always ask how they're doing and if I feel the vibe they ain't bothered, neither am i.

If they're chatty, that's cool with me.

Read the room you anti social ingrates.

Life is boring enough as it is.  Have a laugh.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, bickster said:

Using Uber, you usually do

Nah. Usually they’re chattier because they think being nice will get them a better rating. 

And Uber is comfortably cheaper than all Birmingham taxi firms in my experience. 

I always eat the skin of an apple.

Think I remember it rightly, I’m sure I heard somewhere (Luke & Pete show podcast maybe?), one of them knew a guy who would rinse a banana, then peel off the skin and then eat the banana. Weirdo.

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

I always ask how they're doing and if I feel the vibe they ain't bothered, neither am i.

Yeah that’s basically it for me too. 

If I’m in the mood too, of course.

On 01/04/2018 at 21:11, mottaloo said:

Whilst on my soapbox........the pathetic, fawning tweets the likes of kirsty gallacher receive from sad men, some of whom believe in their own world that they might have a chance with them. 

No attempt to engage Kirsty Gallacher in intercourse should ever be sneered at. I applaud each and every one of those sad sacks for their efforts. Reach for the stars, lads!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, poitier said:

No attempt to engage Kirsty Gallacher in intercourse should ever be sneered at. I applaud each and every one of those sad sacks for their efforts. Reach for the stars, lads!

As Oscar Wilde said, "We' are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

You sir would be first to test my ejector seat, obviously as I was in the process of running Peter Kay over

Most Taxi drivers lie to these questions and find them f***ing irritating because the answers to these questions would often give the customer a clue as to how much money the driver had on him and if he was worth mugging

I don’t ask those questions, that’s just the cliche brit politeness innit?

The state I am in coming home at 2am I think they are fairly happy I have no intentions to rob them.

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

I don’t ask those questions, that’s just the cliche brit politeness innit?

The state I am in coming home at 2am I think they are fairly happy I have no intentions to rob them.

It's only a cliche because of the twunt Peter Kay. It's certainly not polite, would you consider it polite to ask people how much they've earned today? It's effectively what those questions actually mean.

You'd be shocked what some drunk people think is acceptable and what they think they can fo

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Nah. Usually they’re chattier because they think being nice will get them a better rating. 

And Uber is comfortably cheaper than all Birmingham taxi firms in my experience. 

Until they surge

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Yes, people really are that scummy

If you want a laugh with a taxi driver think of something original and interesting to say. The usual shite gets said 30 times s day

26 minutes ago, bickster said:

It's only a cliche because of the twunt Peter Kay. It's certainly not polite, would you consider it polite to ask people how much they've earned today? It's effectively what those questions actually mean.

You'd be shocked what some drunk people think is acceptable and what they think they can fo

To be fair, that hadn't particularly occurred to me when I've been a passenger in a cab (it will now, obviously).

As with @AVFCDAN, it seemed like a polite thing to try and start up a conversation with. It has led to quite lengthy conversations with the driver including stuff about Bangladeshi cricket - conversations which I wouldn't have likely had in any other scenario (that particular one was about 15 years ago so around the time they won their first international one-dayer ).

I'd also say that they were the first things my late father used to say getting in to a taxi. He had done a fair bit of work driving taxis in that London (not the black cab variety).

• Like 1

Bureaucracy.

I broke my finger on Monday. I didn't realise it was broken. Went to work on Tuesday, my boss took one look and sent me to the dr's.  Went, x-ray'd, it's broken.

Problem is, in Poland you can't take a self-diagnosed day off. For every sick day you need a note, which not only goes to your employer but to the government so they can register it.

I needed yesterday off as I was at the dr, then x-ray, then dr again. And it's pretty painful so I thought it would be sensible to take today off too. I don't feel bad, i am capable of working.

However, the dr gave me sick leave until the end of the week. And it has been sent to the government, I have to take the rest of the week off. I feel like a total fraud. Yes it hurts like hell but it's a broken finger... I don't need this week off. I'm bored already.

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Whenever I see people complaining about this, I wish they could donate their annual leave to me.

Same as the bloke at work who won't retire because he says he'd be bored. 

I could happily never work again. If money wasn't an issue, I'm not going to wish I was back at work in a meeting or reading requirement specifications.

There are too many books to read, films to watch, games to play, meals to cook, beers to drink, and cat bellies to rub to ever be bored in my spare time.

A man after my own heart. Having finally arrived at the freedom of retirement, I can assure you I don't miss work one little bit. Four years in, and I still grin like a fool every day at the thought of what I'm (not) missing. 

• Like 1

works shit, if you work for someone else. 

I imagine it's pretty rewarding working for yourself, at least you're doing it for you.  

I worked for a large company, and the hierarchy system is so stacked to the upper management it's actually quite sickening. 

2 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

Ohh here come the racist card :crylaugh:

How dare anyone have an opinion on immigration,Evil racists.

It's hard not to call you out when you more or less exclusively post videos which paint anyone who is anti-racism in a bad light. 

Apart from that it's you saying you sleep with babes and sending dudes your shitty pants. 

So which would you prefer? 

Â