Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Here is another one, if you sold everything in the Vatican and gave it to the poorest people then there would be no one left in poverty. 

yes there would be...

poverty is defined as earning less than 60% of the median income of the country, in the UK we're at about £25k a year i think (?) so anyone who earns less than £15k a year is officially in poverty, if the average wage was £100k then anyone who earned under £60k would be in poverty...there will always be "poverty"

its a shit statistic, nearly as bad as food banks stats

27 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

yes there would be...

poverty is defined as earning less than 60% of the median income of the country, in the UK we're at about £25k a year i think (?) so anyone who earns less than £15k a year is officially in poverty, if the average wage was £100k then anyone who earned under £60k would be in poverty...there will always be "poverty"

its a shit statistic, nearly as bad as food banks stats

1 in 3 kids live in poverty now apparently

3 hours ago, darrenm said:

Linda McCartney vegetarian sausages are the best sausages with the added bonus of no too-close-to-human flesh in them.

The posh herby rosemary spattered one with a Sunday lunch, the 'plain' one cold, nicked from the fry up dish in the fridge.

Another recent find, the cheapo Morrisons version of soya pretend minced beef is actually rather good at bulking up some dishes.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ikantcpell said:

Eating sausages is as bad for your health as smoking.

Can you at least quantify this claim? Otherwise it is the vaguest claim of all time.

Drinking water is worse for you than smoking.

If you smoke 1 cigarette and drink 90 litres of water.

I don't think there's a week goes by without me getting some sausage action.

I'm on site bright n early in the morning and it's been scientifically proven that a fully loaded breakfast bap tastes 63% better when you're dressed as Bob the Builder and spending someone else's money.

32 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Can you at least quantify this claim? Otherwise it is the vaguest claim of all time.

Drinking water is worse for you than smoking.

If you smoke 1 cigarette and drink 90 litres of water.

UN health body says bacon, sausages and ham among most carcinogenic substances along with cigarettes, alcohol, asbestos and arsenic.

Google it, there are alot of scientists claiming it is so.

1 hour ago, Ikantcpell said:

UN health body says bacon, sausages and ham among most carcinogenic substances along with cigarettes, alcohol, asbestos and arsenic.

Google it, there are alot of scientists claiming it is so.

Public health body in misrepresentation of data and hysterical mis-reporting of actual facts? I don't believe it. You could use Google to back up any belief. Trying searching 'red meat cancer myth' or similar and you will find many scientists pointing out the flaws in the interpretation of the research. 

Once again, there has been confusion between causation and correlation. For example, those who eat a lot of processed meat tend to have generally 'unhealthier' lifestyles (lack of exercise, drinking, smoking) that likely contribute to incidences of cancer etc. Whilst eating 20 a day is not going to be good for you, to say that sausages are as harmful as cigarettes is, frankly, complete and utter bollocks and stands up to absolutely no scrutiny. It's the same with sugar. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I don't think there's a week goes by without me getting some sausage action.

Perhaps you can share your secrets with Stefan.  He's apparently been rather unsuccessful in his pursuits.   Or better yet, you can meet up....:D

• Like 2

The change self-service checkouts give you

It's just another excuse for supermarkets to give you unnecessary copper and 5ps in the change 

Can't wait until Xmas week, the change jar is getting spent in the self-service checkout at the worst local culprit

And I really won't care that it takes me half an hour to put it all in just to buy 1 luxury item

• Like 3

7 hours ago, bickster said:

The change self-service checkouts give you

It's just another excuse for supermarkets to give you unnecessary copper and 5ps in the change 

Can't wait until Xmas week, the change jar is getting spent in the self-service checkout at the worst local culprit

And I really won't care that it takes me half an hour to put it all in just to buy 1 luxury item

Isn't this perpetuating - indeed, the very reason for - the problem in the first place? 

8 hours ago, bickster said:

Why? 

That would make absolutely no difference to anyone except you who has to stand there for half an hour putting coppers into a machine :D 

Â