Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

When you deal with a company on a regular basis, they have a great general email system where you can fire off any non urgent issues, updates or queries, and they get back to you in there own time and everyone is happy.

Then this company decides to **** the general help email off, banish any type of email communication off of their website...and makes youphone them up. Makes you have to go through their cancerous automated options for 5 minutes, then puts you on hold for another 15 minutes, during which they constantly cut off their shite music getting your hopes up you have got through...only just to hear another shitty automated message telling me I am in a queue. Well no **** shit.

Thanks for taking a decent system, and completely **** it up.

• Like 1

Customer service

Bought some furniture in John Lewis yesterday  , as you pay you can fix your delivery date , so we've gone for Thursday morning between 07:00 and 12:00  , bloke entered it on the system and printed me out a receipt confirming the delivery time .

time I walked to the car I had a text confirming my delivery on Thursday morning between 07:00 and 12:00  .... later last night I received another text confirming Thursday morning between 07:00 and 12:00  

today I've had 2 more text messages , still Thursday morning between 07:00 and 12:00  

trouble is on Weds night they will then start texting me with a more specific time window and then the drivers will call me Thursday morning  when they also know a specific time window  ... followed by another text once the drivers have spoken to me to confirm my time slot agreed on the phone 2 minutes earlier  ( I know this because it's what happened with a bed they delivered last week )

When I go out for a beer with my mates , we send one email / text that's says ..Friday down the dog and duck at 19:30  onwards ... I don't then send them another 27 reminders in the build up  ...guess what  they all manage to make it

just **** off will you , I appreciate good service but this is about as welcome as the waiter who comes around asking you if everything is Ok with your food just as you are about to either shovel a  huge fork full of food down your throat or tell the anecdote to a story that involves a tub of peanut butter , Ana De Armas and my basement ....like the answer is going to be anything other than "Lovely thanks " , it's England we wouldn't complain if you served it cold whilst slapping me around the face with a dead fish

And then once the furniture has been delivered they will then send me 2 or 3 text messages asking me if everything was ok and to rate their service .. another pointless irritating exercise that some quality standards person dreamt up  .... I get these from various suppliers  , usually telling me that 9  out of 10 is all well and jolly good but they truly want to be excellent and thus feel that 10's all round would help prove they are exceptional  and a 9 just doesn't reflect that  ... what next , once she climbs off and unties me  ask MrsH to rate my performance from 1 to 10  , and please don't give a 1 cause I tried really hard and deserve at least a 2  !!!

no ..just stop

Edited by tonyh29
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Customer service

Bought some furniture in John Lewis yesterday  , as you pay you can fix your delivery date , so we've got for Thursday morning between 07:00 and 12:00  , bloke entered it on the system and print me out a receipt confirming the delivery time .

time I walked to the car I had a text confirming my delivery on Thursday morning between 07:00 and 12:00  .... later last night I received another text confirming Thursday morning between 07:00 and 12:00  

today I've had 2 more text messages , still Thursday morning between 07:00 and 12:00  

trouble is on Weds night they will then start texting me with a more specific time window and then the drivers will call me Thursday morning  when they also know a specific time window  ... followed by another text once the drivers have spoken to me to confirm my time slot agreed on the phone 2 minutes earlier  ( I know this because it's what happened with a bed they delivered last week )

When I go out for a beer with my mates , we send one email / text that's says ..Friday down the dog and duck at 19:30  onwards ... I don't then send them another 27 reminders in the build up  ...guess what  they all manage to make it

just **** off will you , I appreciate good service but this is about as welcome as the waiter who comes around asking you if everything is Ok with your food just as you are about to either shovel a  huge fork full of food down your throat or tell the anecdote to a story that involves a tub of peanut butter , Ana De Armas and my basement ....like the answer is going to be anything other than "Lovely thanks " , it's England we wouldn't complain if you served it cold whilst slapping me around the face with a dead fish

And then once the furniture has been delivered they will then send me 2 or 3 text messages asking me if everything was ok and to rate their service .. another pointless irritating exercise that some quality standards person dreamt up  .... I get these from various suppliers  , usually telling me that 9  out of 10 is all well and jolly good but they truly want to be excellent and thus feel that 10's all round would help prove they are exceptional  and a 9 just doesn't reflect that  ... what next , once she climbs off and unties me  ask MrsH to rate my performance from 1 to 10  , and please don't give a 1 cause I tried really hard and deserve at least a 2  !!!

no ..just stop

So when's the furniture delivery?

11 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Don't be silly. It's a nice thought though :)

Alot of girls wake up in the middle of the night and are extremley horny, i had this girl i was having sex with who always called me in the middle of the night, i could be over at her place like a few hours before and she was not in the mood for sex, then she calls me in the middle of the night begging me to come over because she is so horny, there are alot of girls like that.

So my facebook page today is full of people calling for a ban on fireworks because of a story about some arsehole strapping a firework to a cat. 

Fireworks are the same as knives and cars (as 2 examples). Most normal folk use them for their intended purpose and use them responsibly, others use them to stab people or decide to get behind the wheel after 10 pints.  You can't legislate for rocket polishers.

My facebook page is the source of most of my anger these these days, I'm not sure if i need to streamline my "friends" list or simply delete my bloody account. 

I'd have to disagree a little bit. Knives and cars have valid everyday uses . Fireworks don't. They're just explosives wrapped up in child friendly casings.

I don't think they should be banned completely, but i'd make it much more difficult to buy them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ikantcpell said:

Alot of girls wake up in the middle of the night and are extremley horny, i had this girl i was having sex with who always called me in the middle of the night, i could be over at her place like a few hours before and she was not in the mood for sex, then she calls me in the middle of the night begging me to come over because she is so horny, there are alot of girls like that.

I get that and I used to have that myself. I've been off the market now for years and don't go out hardly ever. Also only a very small number of people have my number now where as in the past loads of people had it and I would get random calls and texts. Most people know I've settled down now, so wouldn't give me a second thought. The first 12 months of being with my current partner, I was always getting texts and calls off girls who still had my number and who I'd had flings or one night stands with. Same with my missus, she used to get texts off lads. 

47 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'd have to disagree a little bit. Knives and cars have valid everyday uses . Fireworks don't. They're just explosives wrapped up in child friendly casings.

I don't think they should be banned completely, but i'd make it much more difficult to buy them.

They were probably poor examples to use, but i think the point remains valid. Legalisation already bans the sale of fireworks to under 18's, so you would hope that adults use them responsibly. Like many thousands of parents up and down the country i put on a little display yesterday and the kids loved it. I would hate to see that taken away because some tossers choose to use them to blow up a cat. 

The issue there is with the scumbags in society, not fireworks. 

Edited by av1

21 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Fireworks display last night.

Don't mind them. And generally don't mind the phenomenon of everyone watching it through their phones so they can send their friends photos of fireworks. Like people don't know what fireworks look like.

But one woman in front of me was especially bad! She would take a photo of one, then stare at it, then send it to her friend. Then declare "Oh no I just missed that one!" when everybody gasped at a big firework and then the whole routine would start again. 

Display was 15 minutes long and I reckon she saw about 5 fireworks go off.

Pictures they will never look at and videos they will never watch ever again! 

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

Like many thousands of parents up and down the country i put on a little display yesterday and the kids loved it. 

Wasn't a big bonfire display that put yours to shame anywhere near, then?

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Wasn't a big bonfire display that put yours to shame anywhere near, then?

There was yes. But then there are also many pubs near to my house that put my whisky collection to shame, it doesn't stop me from enjoying a little dram from time to time in the comfort of my own armchair. 

Firework can be dangerous if used irresponsibly, but so are knives, cars, alcohol, cleaning products, i could go on. The point remains that i don't think you should ban stuff because a few arseholes use them incorrectly. 

My wife started a new job last week, but I've made her jack it in. She was delivering parcels for a big courier company and basically it was the run that no one wanted. You got no fuel allowance and because of that it took her hourly rate below minimum wage.    The bastards also made our elderly neighbours who one of them isn't well come back from a family meal, so they could get the parcels from out of their house because my wife wasn't in when they dropped them off for her, so put them next door. God knows how they managed to get their number, but they got it somehow. We were absolutely livid and my wife was embarrassed. 

Tv shows like Ex on the beach and Paradise hotel, why are they showing trash like this on the telly? And why are people watching it?

Some guy acts like an asshole and sleeps with alot of girls, then 100 000 people add him on instagram and wanna have sex with aswell.

Whats wrong with people!?

Edited by Ikantcpell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, av1 said:

They were probably poor examples to use, but i think the point remains valid. Legalisation already bans the sale of fireworks to under 18's, so you would hope that adults use them responsibly. Like many thousands of parents up and down the country i put on a little display yesterday and the kids loved it. I would hate to see that taken away because some tossers choose to use them to blow up a cat. 

The issue there is with the scumbags in society, not fireworks. 

Guns don't kill people...  

Â