Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Venison sausages 

i mean they are sausages and they are meat what could possibly go wrong .... except for the taste 

even dunking it in a fried egg didn’t save it  ...

Not best used in a fry up. Much better with a rich gravy and mash

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Venison sausages 

i mean they are sausages and they are meat what could possibly go wrong .... except for the taste 

even dunking it in a fried egg didn’t save it  ...

I remember venison burgers were one of the alternatives we tried during the mad cows disease thing all those years ago.  I think we decided we'd rather risk our brains turning to mush and stuck to beef.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Not a huge fan of sausages anymore,  but when you get a nice one they are great in moderation. I'm very funny with sausages now. Most taste like crap. 

*** insert kenneth williams meme here***

Rugeley with you and your reputation (confessions etc...) I am surprised!!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Not a huge fan of sausages anymore,  but when you get a nice one they are great in moderation. I'm very funny with sausages now. Most English sausages taste like crap. 

FTFY.

28 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'm inclined to believe BOF about Irish sausages. What's the best brand (or are we talking local butchers?) - and can I get some over here? 

Obviously 'best' is subjective, but the 'generally' regarded best brand would be Superquinn sausages which I always bring loads of as a care package whenever I'm visiting any English-based pals.  I don't think you'd be able to get them in England although I don't know for sure (I also bring white pudding which you guys don't seem to do much of over there for some baffling reason (Superquinn or Clonakilty)).  But I'd have thought a larger brand like Denny might be available in an Irish section of a British supermarket, provided the product was actually made here, and they'd be an improvement on the local stuff too.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Linda McCartney vegetarian sausages are the best sausages with the added bonus of no too-close-to-human flesh in them.

I'd rather eat bollocks, and frequently do with eyelids and the rest of the carcass brushed off the floor - But hey, it died and I'd rather the whole lot was consumed than just the choice bits.

That said I do want to try the Impossible Burger.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, darrenm said:

?

Remember the best burger you’ve ever eaten? Our dedicated team of top scientists, farmers and chefs spent the last five years studying it from cow to bun. Then we identified methods and ingredients to naturally recreate everything -- the sights, sounds, aromas, textures and flavors. The result? This impossibly delicious game changer of a burger.

Because we use 0% cows, the Impossible Burger uses a fraction of the Earth’s natural resources. Compared to cows, the Impossible Burger uses 95% less land, 74% less water, and creates 87% less greenhouse gas emissions.

Impossible Foods

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ikantcpell said:

I read somewhere that the worlds richest 1% has more money then the other 99%, if that is true something in the world is very very Wrong.

Here is another one, if you sold everything in the Vatican and gave it to the poorest people then there would be no one left in poverty. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Not a huge fan of sausages anymore,  but when you get a nice one they are great in moderation. I'm very funny with sausages now. Most taste like crap. 

Eating sausages is as bad for your health as smoking.

• Like 1

Â