Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

So i get home from Villa park yesterday and the Christmas decorations are up. It's the fecking 4th of November. 

Tonight I've had a bonfire and some fireworks for the kids. So the xmas decorations went up before the fireworks. You got to love women. 

Fireworks display last night.

Don't mind them. And generally don't mind the phenomenon of everyone watching it through their phones so they can send their friends photos of fireworks. Like people don't know what fireworks look like.

But one woman in front of me was especially bad! She would take a photo of one, then stare at it, then send it to her friend. Then declare "Oh no I just missed that one!" when everybody gasped at a big firework and then the whole routine would start again. 

Display was 15 minutes long and I reckon she saw about 5 fireworks go off.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, av1 said:

So i get home from Villa park yesterday and the Christmas decorations are up. It's the fecking 4th of November. 

Tonight I've had a bonfire and some fireworks for the kids. So the xmas decorations went up before the fireworks. You got to love women. 

Does these mean you burnt the Christmas decorations and tied the Fireworks to your kids or have I made a horrific error somewhere.

• Like 1

Whenever I send an email at work, the receiver sees it as being from me with my full name, including middle name. I don't really use my middle name but when I joined my current job they set up an email for you with your full name for some reason.

Anyway, there's a few people I email fairly regularly, usually in London, that insist on addressing me by my middle name. No idea why, but this really annoys me. I can only think it's because back in a former job I dealt with quite a few posh types who used their middle names (the kind who would officially be 'Robert James Pennyworth' but introduce themselves as James whilst glowering down their nose and finding many new 'R's in everyday words) and to a man they were all clearings in the woods.

Whenever I read one of these emails I feel almost like I'm reading someone else's, because being addressed by my middle name is so alien to me.

17 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Whenever I send an email at work, the receiver sees it as being from me with my full name, including middle name. I don't really use my middle name but when I joined my current job they set up an email for you with your full name for some reason.

Anyway, there's a few people I email fairly regularly, usually in London, that insist on addressing me by my middle name. No idea why, but this really annoys me. I can only think it's because back in a former job I dealt with quite a few posh types who used their middle names (the kind who would officially be 'Robert James Pennyworth' but introduce themselves as James whilst glowering down their nose and finding many new 'R's in everyday words) and to a man they were all clearings in the woods.

Whenever I read one of these emails I feel almost like I'm reading someone else's, because being addressed by my middle name is so alien to me.

Weird. I've come across plenty of people who use their middle name rather than their first - usually because they dislike their first - but never anyone referring to others on the same assumption. 

The other 'posh indicator' of course, is having three (or more) given names instead of two. 

Edited by mjmooney

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Weird. I've come across plenty of people who use their middle name rather than their first 

The Irish.

My mom and all her siblings use their middle name instead of their first name. Which is only slightly confusing for them.

What's really confusing is my mom didn't like her middle name either, so she just made up a new name. She's never officially changed it, but she's used it so much that it's on pretty much every document and identifier she's ever had.

It just doesn't match her birth certificate.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The Irish.

My mom and all her siblings use their middle name instead of their first name. Which is only slightly confusing for them.

What's really confusing is my mom didn't like her middle name either, so she just made up a new name. She's never officially changed it, but she's used it so much that it's on pretty much every document and identifier she's ever had.

It just doesn't match her birth certificate.

Same as my wife. Didn't like first or second, so chose a new one. We have a neice who's done the same thing. 

Then of course, you have the Russians with their patronymics and saint's day names. 

And Icelanders... 

And Chinese...

16 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

'Ooh I've done 2,247 steps today already'.  And yet it seems like you've done **** all.  Piss off.

Me and Mrs P were going out for the day a few weeks ago and just before we got in the car she put her fitbit on.

After 20 minutes of driving she had somehow managed to do 250 steps.

• Like 1

Â