Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

4 hours ago, mottaloo said:

I loved superquinn sausages but haven't supervalu taken them over or have they kept a few SQ lines going ?

They've done exactly that. The sausages in particular are world renowned and they were the main concern for the public when Superquinn went under. Supervalu assured everyone that the sausages and ingredients would remain, and they've become an 'own brand ' that has transcended the original store. For me the pudding is similar. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Xela said:

I don't mind bean juice

I worked with this Irish girl many years ago. One day I was looking for a free chair on which to sit, but couldn't find one. The Irish girl said to me "You can have my chair, but I must warn you, I've got the bean gas."

Facebook taking invasion of privacy to new levels.

Recently, adverts for hotels in a particular European resort have started appearing on my Facebook feed, as have adverts for a particular clothing store that I've never used featuring a couple of tops that I really liked but have never shopped for. Whatever, doesn't affect me and easily ignored. 

Anyway, it was my birthday a few days ago and two of my presents from my girlfriend were a holiday at that particular resort (in a hotel that had been shown on my Facebook, including price details) and one of the tops that I'd seen advertised (again, with the price on it), both of which she'd shopped for on her phone.

It seems completely insane to me that it's deemed OK to target advertising based on sharing another person's browsing habits on other devices! If I'd thought more about it, it could've ruined two intended surprises. It's crossed the line and warrants a complaint, I think. I can't get my head around Facebook accessing information from another app on her phone. It's so shady!

It's certainly going to make me take notice of any other ads I see. Hopefully I won't be seeing any for 16" black strap-ons any time soon...

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, JB said:

It seems completely insane to me that it's deemed OK to target advertising based on sharing another person's browsing habits on other devices! If I'd thought more about it, it could've ruined two intended surprises. It's crossed the line and warrants a complaint, I think. I can't get my head around Facebook accessing information from another app on her phone. It's so shady!

Totally agree but you aren't going to stop using it are you?

Everytime, without fail, when somebody brings in sweets or biscuits at work, the person who has the last of a particular food will just leave the packaging on the side. Why? Why is this? Why is this acceptable you pig? Put your rubbish in the bin you arsehole.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Everytime, without fail, when somebody brings in sweets or biscuits at work, the person who has the last of a particular food will just leave the packaging on the side. Why? Why is this? Why is this acceptable you pig? Put your rubbish in the bin you arsehole.

in our office everyone will scoff the sweets /biscuits within minutes , but then they always leave the very last one so that don't have to throw away the box  ... the print guys do the same with bog paper , they leave one sheet on the roll so they don't have to replace the bloody thing

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

I can beat that my wife has a weird habit of eating guilty chocolate bars etc and then hiding the wrappers etc in the cupboard. Apparently it's something to do with family politics when she was growing up but I've never been able to understand it and she still doesn't change despite accepting it's a weird thing to do. If you want to get away with eating a guilty treat surely the bin is your best friend. As it is every six months I will be looking in the back of a cupboard for something and come across 30 wrappers for this that and the other.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

650 grand a week tax free for Neymar. I'm sure the phrase 'the games gone mad' has been used so often in the last 20 years since Shearers mega transfer but we are pushing new boundaries here.

I pray the bubble bursts soon 

6 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

650 grand a week tax free for Neymar. I'm sure the phrase 'the games gone mad' has been used so often in the last 20 years since Shearers mega transfer but we are pushing new boundaries here.

I wonder what he'll spend it on.

On 5/27/2017 at 10:30, Stevo985 said:

Turns out my other Half's brother is pretty racist. And not discrete about it. 

I was on a stag do with him this weekend.

I don't think he was racist while we were on it. But turns out he is one of the biggest pricks I've ever met.

If I ever see him again it will be too soon.

On 01/08/2017 at 09:56, JB said:

Facebook taking invasion of privacy to new levels.

Recently, adverts for hotels in a particular European resort have started appearing on my Facebook feed, as have adverts for a particular clothing store that I've never used featuring a couple of tops that I really liked but have never shopped for. Whatever, doesn't affect me and easily ignored. 

Anyway, it was my birthday a few days ago and two of my presents from my girlfriend were a holiday at that particular resort (in a hotel that had been shown on my Facebook, including price details) and one of the tops that I'd seen advertised (again, with the price on it), both of which she'd shopped for on her phone.

It's certainly going to make me take notice of any other ads I see. Hopefully I won't be seeing any for 16" black strap-ons any time soon...

Similar happened to me...

My wife watches Grey's Anatomy through K*di on the Firestick.  She just started season 11.

The next day i get Amazon prompting me to buy S11 of Grey's Anatomy in my Amazon app. 

The day after i get an advert in my Facebook feed trying to get me to buy S11 of Grey's Anatomy at half-price.

I didn't realise the Firestick tracks what is watched on Kodi, let alone how it links to all other platforms.  

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I was on a stag do with him this weekend.

I don't think he was racist while we were on it. But turns out he is one of the biggest pricks I've ever met.

If I ever see him again it will be too soon.

Do share why.

10 minutes ago, brommy said:

Do share why.

Started fights, refused to stay with the group, shagged a prostitute (with money he'd borrowed from his family to afford the trip).

We were all waiting for him at one point. he rocked up, ignored everyone, took money off his brother (who is unemployed so has no money) and went back to a different prostitute (we were in Amsterdam by the way).

Then the next night he went off on his own again. I eventually got in touch with him and asked him to come and meet us so I could take him home (we had a flight the next morning so I needed him to be around!) and he had a massive go at me because I wouldn't come and find him. Despite me actually agreeing to come and find him but he couldn't give me any information about where he was, meanwhile I was stood next to Madame Tussauds in one of the biggest squares in Amsterdam. Just about the easiest place to find in the city!

On top of that he's just a horrible piece of work. he's always scrounging money off his sisters and parents whilst he's been at uni. They always end up giving it to him. yet every time I see him he's wearing really nice high end clothes. He brought 4 or 5 Sick Silk shirts on this stag do, and they're about £40 each. Plus we've just found out he's on steroids, which is an expensive habit! So all this money he's "borrowing" is going on that shit.

His brother (let's call him Twin 2) is depressed. Genuinely. He's a nice enough lad (despite them being twins) but he hasn't had a job in 2 years, doesn't have any friends/girlfriends and barely leaves the house. Like I said he's actually a decent person, he's just in a rut.

Anyway Twin 2 got a job on Tuesday. A proper job. Engineering apprenticeship sort of thing down in Somerset. So he's going to be moving down there to live with his sister and her boyfriend. Now this boyfriend pulled some strings to get him the job, but nothing outrageous. Obviously most of the family are made up for him. It's a genuinely huge deal and it could change his life.

But Twin 1 reacted by bullying him. Telling him he didn't deserve the job and he only got it because someone pulled strings for him and he's probably going to fail at it because he won't be prepared. He generally puts him down all the time. On the stag do he was constantly arguing with his brother about nothing. 

He's a selfish, cocky, self obsessed prick.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Started fights, refused to stay with the group, shagged a prostitute (with money he'd borrowed from his family to afford the trip).

We were all waiting for him at one point. he rocked up, ignored everyone, took money off his brother (who is unemployed so has no money) and went back to a different prostitute (we were in Amsterdam by the way).

Then the next night he went off on his own again. I eventually got in touch with him and asked him to come and meet us so I could take him home (we had a flight the next morning so I needed him to be around!) and he had a massive go at me because I wouldn't come and find him. Despite me actually agreeing to come and find him but he couldn't give me any information about where he was, meanwhile I was stood next to Madame Tussauds in one of the biggest squares in Amsterdam. Just about the easiest place to find in the city!

On top of that he's just a horrible piece of work. he's always scrounging money off his sisters and parents whilst he's been at uni. They always end up giving it to him. yet every time I see him he's wearing really nice high end clothes. He brought 4 or 5 Sick Silk shirts on this stag do, and they're about £40 each. Plus we've just found out he's on steroids, which is an expensive habit! So all this money he's "borrowing" is going on that shit.

His brother (let's call him Twin 2) is depressed. Genuinely. He's a nice enough lad (despite them being twins) but he hasn't had a job in 2 years, doesn't have any friends/girlfriends and barely leaves the house. Like I said he's actually a decent person, he's just in a rut.

Anyway Twin 2 got a job on Tuesday. A proper job. Engineering apprenticeship sort of thing down in Somerset. So he's going to be moving down there to live with his sister and her boyfriend. Now this boyfriend pulled some strings to get him the job, but nothing outrageous. Obviously most of the family are made up for him. It's a genuinely huge deal and it could change his life.

But Twin 1 reacted by bullying him. Telling him he didn't deserve the job and he only got it because someone pulled strings for him and he's probably going to fail at it because he won't be prepared. He generally puts him down all the time. On the stag do he was constantly arguing with his brother about nothing. 

He's a selfish, cocky, self obsessed prick.

If YOU'D have just come and found me there wouldn't be a problem, would there?!?! 

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

If YOU'D have just come and found me there wouldn't be a problem, would there?!?! 

:D

I was literally saying "Ok, I'll come and find you. Where are you?"

And he couldn't tell me anything. "We're walking" is about all he could muster. I ended up having to speak to the girl he was with and ask her to bring him to the square we were in.

I hate the guy. I honestly hope I never see him again.

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

:D

I was literally saying "Ok, I'll come and find you. Where are you?"

And he couldn't tell me anything. "We're walking" is about all he could muster. I ended up having to speak to the girl he was with and ask her to bring him to the square we were in.

I hate the guy. I honestly hope I never see him again.

It appears you were 100% correct with your assessment of him.  He didn't deserve you looking out for him but that what helps to make you the better person.

I'm old enough to know there has always been men who are idiots/nasty pieces of work but the last decade or so does seem to have seen a big increase in the selfish scumbags who have a vile attitude to others and take everything, like it's their right, whilst offering nothing back to others. There is someone married to my in-law side of the family that is just like the guy you described. Most of the family wish he'd 'go elsewhere' but there's one or two that facilitate his selfishness, even though they moan about it as well. :bang:

25 minutes ago, brommy said:

It appears you were 100% correct with your assessment of him.  He didn't deserve you looking out for him but that what helps to make you the better person.

I'm old enough to know there has always been men who are idiots/nasty pieces of work but the last decade or so does seem to have seen a big increase in the selfish scumbags who have a vile attitude to others and take everything, like it's their right, whilst offering nothing back to others. There is someone married to my in-law side of the family that is just like the guy you described. Most of the family wish he'd 'go elsewhere' but there's one or two that facilitate his selfishness, even though they moan about it as well. :bang:

If it wasn't for the fact it was my girlfriend's brother I wouldn't have given him the time of day. 

The best thing about his brother getting the job I was talking about earlier is he has to move out of the family home, so away from this dickhead and away from his Dad, who isn't much different!

Â