Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

11 hours ago, mottaloo said:

White pudding in a fry up is a must !

Spicier than black pud, more taste.

That would be a full Scottish not a full English 

you are right, it's lovely but see Hash Browns...

I'm still totally aghast at beans in a pot though...

20 minutes ago, bickster said:

Same here, first thing I'd do is pour them out and ditch the pot.

• Like 1

Anything served in a pot is just to make you think there's more there than there is. That's why you always get chips in a pot these day, because they have to give you less. As soon as you pour them onto your plate you realise they've given you about 5 chips.

In terms of beans, if you don't like bean juice on the rest of your breakfast, does that just mean you eat the beans on their own without anything else involved in the mouhtful?

• Like 1

On 29/07/2017 at 15:37, Jimzk5 said:

Opening skysports app and seeing darts in the news.

It isn't a **** sport

The new Sky Sports app has a WWE section amongst its 'Sports'.  It may aswell have a f**king Coronation Street section in there too.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Spinach is for saag curry/aloo/paneer only. In anything else its just slimy bitter excrement on a plate.

I make a great palak gosht (if I do say so myself).

12 hours ago, bickster said:

Well I'm thinking clonakilty white pud more than anything scottish but I'm sure there's similarities. Totally makes a fry up for me and the beans can go anywhere they like on my plate :D

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Well I'm thinking clonakilty white pud more than anything scottish but I'm sure there's similarities. Totally makes a fry up for me and the beans can go anywhere they like on my plate :D

Yes! Clonakilty puddings are the best

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yes! Clonakilty puddings are the best

Controversial :)

Funnily enough, I introduced some English people to the joys of white pudding 2 weeks ago and they loved it.  They couldn't quite believe they'd got to that stage in life and not encountered a whole new foodstuff.  They'll be sourcing it locally from now on :D 

FWIW I'm more a Superquinn white pudding man.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Genie said:

Same here, first thing I'd do is pour them out and ditch the pot.

Which is fine, but the pot gives you control of that decision. Any juice mixing needs to be made by me, not the chef. 

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

In terms of beans, if you don't like bean juice on the rest of your breakfast, does that just mean you eat the beans on their own without anything else involved in the mouhtful?

I don't mind bean juice on my sausage (insert Kenneth Williams pic), bacon or hash brown. Just not my eggs and toast. Once the latter are out of the equation, the bean juice can flow. :)

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

What?! One of the best parts of a fry up is that last mop up of the bean juice and egg yolk, mixed together!

To think, I used to think you were a good guy too (for a Pear).... All this time I was living a lie. :(

I rose above the savages like a phoenix from the flames. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Can't agree with eating the egg first either, it should be left until almost the end when you break the yolk as that's the best bit.  Soak it up with your last bit of sausage or fried bread, if there's some bean juice left all the better IMO.

This man knows his stuff. :thumb:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, limpid said:

Back to the subject of the thread:

When people call the sauce in canned baked beans "juice".

I very nearly used the word sauce, instead of juice, when replying to Xela. I decided to be hip, and go with the word the kids were using instead. I've regretted it ever since.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, BOF said:

FWIW I'm more a Superquinn white pudding man.

I loved superquinn sausages but haven't supervalu taken them over or have they kept a few SQ lines going ?

Â