Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Super off peak return from Lichfield to brum is 6.20. Not the subject of my ire but a pisstakr none the less...

this ticket means you cant get a train between 16:35 and 18. Fine. But you cant even get past the ticket barriers until 18. Meaning if your train is at 18:01 you're screwed (especially how far the barriers are from the platforms at new street.

I have a great image of you stood at the barriers, like a horse in the traps at the start of a race, and then as they open sprinting down to the platform :D 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I have a great image of you stood at the barriers, like a horse in the traps at the start of a race, and then as they open sprinting down to the platform :D 

Whatever gets you through the day ;)

4 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Spot on. Chindie's article too. The above, combined with them wasting the limited resources of GOSH during their fight is why I called them selfish.

Liars was perhaps a bit strong as they've clearly been misled by the yank hack and the nonsense around him ever being 'normal' again and how he likes watching tv was more delusion than anything. Delusions of parents of a desperately sick child whose delusions have unfortunately had pretty shitty consequences on GOSH and have been scapegoated to push particular poltical agendas, especially by the American right.

The whole situation is awful.

It's fairly clear they have a grudge against the hospital at this point.

Today it's been decided he should be allowed to die in a hospice. The parents response is their final wish has been denied. And they are right, it has. But the context of that decision is vital. They couldn't secure the necessary resources to have him die at home. The hospital therefore has to argue against that, because they must do what is right for the patient, in this case what is right being whatever is needed to ensure his suffering is as far reduced as possible. In this case their home and the arrangements they could secure could not do that.

I hope in time they'll realise the reality of this horrible situation and more correctly direct their ire. 

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

I. The parents response is their final wish has been denied.

That just about sums the entire sorry episode up. It's always been about them... not their child.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Super off peak return from Lichfield to brum is 6.20. Not the subject of my ire but a pisstakr none the less...

this ticket means you cant get a train between 16:35 and 18. Fine. But you cant even get past the ticket barriers until 18. Meaning if your train is at 18:01 you're screwed (especially how far the barriers are from the platforms at new street.

Charging peak rates at all is a complete disgrace and would be one of the first things banned in Waintopia.

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Charging peak rates at all is a complete disgrace and would be one of the first things banned in Waintopia.

How would you deal with peaks in demand in Waintopia?

On 7/27/2017 at 17:38, StefanAVFC said:

If the barriers are electronic then you should be able to get through regardless.

If it's more than one then surely it's Euros?

edit: actually you're right. I need to get over it.

Official practice for English-language EU legislation (not necessarily in national legislation) is to use the words euro and cent as both singular and plural. This practice originally arose out of legislation intended to ensure that the banknotes were uncluttered with a string of plurals.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linguistic_issues_concerning_the_euro

Edited by Genie

This Sainsbury's ad - a delicious looking full English - but wait... what's that green shit? Spinach. SPINACH. The most disgusting excuse for food ever devised. Vomit-inducing green slime. On a full English. I want whoever is responsible for this obscenity put up against a wall and shot. Slowly. 

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

This Sainsbury's ad - a delicious looking full English - but wait... what's that green shit? Spinach. SPINACH. The most disgusting excuse for food ever devised. Vomit-inducing green slime. On a full English. I want whoever is responsible for this obscenity put up against a wall and shot. Slowly. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Replace it with black pudding and we are good to go.

• Like 1

Â