Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

9 hours ago, a m ole said:

Spinach is great, **** you all.

It is quite literally beyond me how anybody can consider it edible. By a long way my most hated foodstuff. I'll admit that raw, in a salad, it's tolerable. Boring and pointless, like all salad, but bearable. 

But the minute you heat it up, even a little bit, even in butter, something truly revolting results. The texture goes nauseatingly slimy, and the smell triggers my gag reflex as if it were dog shit. I've tried putting it in my mouth, but I've had to spit it out before I puked. 

My wife gets quite angry with me about it. She loves spinach, and she thinks I'm putting it on, and that if I tried it I'd learn to enjoy it. Wrong. 

• Like 2

2 x bacon

2 x Sausage

2 x fried eggs or scrambled eggs

2 x toast or fried bread

Black pudding

Mushrooms

Beans or cooked tomatoes in a pot

Mug of tea

Newspaper crossword & pen

Brown sauce is optional.

Hash browns are nice but are not welcome to the table at a full english.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Spinach is for saag curry/aloo/paneer only. In anything else its just slimy bitter excrement on a plate.

Not a big curry fan to start with, so spinach in a curry is probably my ultimate nightmare. 

However, I do eat the occasional curry, just to be sociable. And, yes, my missus will try and sneak spinach into it. Then she rolls her eyes as I laboriously pick out all the green filth. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Always surprises me how often the beans thing crops up, I think I get it but glad to say it doesn't bother me where they go on the plate.

I just don't want bean juice on my eggs or toast. Served in a pot please. I'll eat my eggs and toast first (dunking toast in said eggs) then once done pour my beans on plate as I like to mix them with my sausages. 

I appreciate I might be a bit mental. 

'Celebrity' Big Brother. 

Just had a quick look I recognise perhaps 3 of the line up? The others, just by appearances, appear to be TOWIE type poseurs and tabloid slosh-pots who have seen more cock than Colonel Sanders. 

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

I just don't want bean juice on my eggs or toast. Served in a pot please. I'll eat my eggs and toast first (dunking toast in said eggs) then once done pour my beans on plate as I like to mix them with my sausages. 

I appreciate I might be a bit mental. 

Sounds like breakfast OCD haha. I probably have eating patterns myself to be fair.

Edited by AVFCDAN
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

'Celebrity' Big Brother. 

Just had a quick look I recognise perhaps 3 of the line up? The others, just by appearances, appear to be TOWIE type poseurs and tabloid slosh-pots who have seen more cock than Colonel Sanders. 

Cost less to get and more likely to do 'outrageous' things in there, win/win for the producers. It's a shame because if they could get proper celebrities in there it could be an interesting show.

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

Cost less to get and more likely to do 'outrageous' things in there, win/win for the producers. It's a shame because if they could get proper celebrities in there it could be an interesting show.

The Pope

The Dalai Lama

Stephen Hawking

The Queen

Bill Cosby

Mister Tumble

Went camping yesterday for the first time in years. Had a great time, but in the middle of the night we realised our 4 man tent was not so water proof. Woke up and it was soaked inside and then me and the missus nearly had a panic attack because of the lack of oxygen in the tent. We ended up having to unzip the front of the tent ,but then the dog decided to run off into the field. Pitch black and pissing down with rain there I am in just my pants trying to get her back in but not wake the other campers. Definitely up for it again, but make sure we get a decent tent next time.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

I'd tune in if they let a rabid baboon run wild in there. 

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Went camping yesterday for the first time in years. Had a great time, but in the middle of the night we realised our 4 man tent was not so water proof. Woke up and it was soaked inside and then me and the missus nearly had a panic attack because of the lack of oxygen in the tent. We ended up having to unzip the front of the tent ,but then the dog decided to run off into the field. Pitch black and pissing down with rain there I am in just my pants trying to get her back in but not wake the other campers. Definitely up for it again, but make sure we get a decent tent next time.

5130RTF4TZL._SY445_.jpg

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Went camping yesterday for the first time in years.

Probably the worst weekend of Summer for camping.

A number of the festivals had a pretty torrid time.

Â