Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

To add to my growing list of irks around calling football clubs different things for no good reason.

I noticed a side called FC FCSB beat Plzen 4-1 the other night.  "Who are they?" I thunked.  Quick search later.  Turns out that's what they're calling Steaua Bucharest these days.

c042b6b6af89bdb928447a7ce56c2adc.png

Here they are, Fotbal Club FCSB, in the CL draw.  STEAUA.  What's wrong with that?

Piss off :rant::rant:  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Fotball Club FCSB? Fotbal Club Fotball Club Steaua Bucharest? Bloody idiots.

Good, good ... if I can make even one person get pissed off at my own annoyances each day then I feel I've made a difference :twisted:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BOF said:

To add to my growing list of irks around calling football clubs different things for no good reason.

I noticed a side called FC FCSB beat Plzen 4-1 the other night.  "Who are they?" I thunked.  Quick search later.  Turns out that's what they're calling Steaua Bucharest these days.

c042b6b6af89bdb928447a7ce56c2adc.png

Here they are, Fotbal Club FCSB, in the CL draw.  STEAUA.  What's wrong with that?

Piss off :rant::rant:  

guess you missed the court case where it turned out they were illegally using the name Steaua Bucharest  and thus had to change it by law

16 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

guess you missed the court case where it turned out they were illegally using the name Steaua Bucharest  and thus had to change it by law

but not to Fotbal Club Fotball Club Steaua Bucharest.

They could have just changed it to Steaua Mucharest or Meaua Bucharest.

20 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Guess I did.

**** hangover.  I had to give up and go home from work after an hour today and blamed it on having the runs.  Been in bed ever since feeling like a right bell end, it's not as if I had a ridiculous amount to drink, I just can't do it any more.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

**** hangover.  I had to give up and go home from work after an hour today and blamed it on having the runs.  Been in bed ever since feeling like a right bell end, it's not as if I had a ridiculous amount to drink, I just can't do it any more.

I had an early start this morning so what did I do last night? Chuck far too much cider down my neck. Now feeling a combination of tired and nauseous. 

6 pints and I'm ruined. Its a sign we're getting old!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I had an early start this morning so what did I do last night? Chuck far too much cider down my neck. Now feeling a combination of tired and nauseous. 

6 pints and I'm ruined. Its a sign we're getting old!

No headache? Tired and nauseous I can always cope with. They're a walk in the park compared with the blinding, crippling headaches I get with a hangover. 

An Irish friend of mine says he's got the solution to not getting hung over. He necks two pints of water before he goes out and two pints when he gets home, and he's always chirpy the day after when the rest of us are looking like dogs trying to pass razor-blades.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

An Irish friend of mine says he's got the solution to not getting hung over. He necks two pints of water before he goes out and two pints when he gets home, and he's always chirpy the day after when the rest of us are looking like dogs trying to pass razor-blades.

A greasy burger and 2 pints of water before bed solves a lot for me. It's just the issue of doing it when the state of mind is trying to whistle "Reign in blood" and pissing in the bath.

Tesco have changed their Clubcard recently. I only ever use the keyfob one, as it's far more convenient. They changed the old style barcode on it to a QR code. Great! It doesn't work anywhere. Morons.

People who leave enormous gaps behind someone using a cash points when queuing. Obviously you leave some room, privacy and courtesy of course, but yesterday on a busy city centre street a bloke left 10 feet. Which meant the queue was basically part blocking a very busy street. And then the same guy gave me a dirty look when I decided a more reasonable gap was 3 foot or so, besides which he was so big I couldn't see his pin even if I was peering over his shoulder.

People who don't follow the unwritten rules of walking on a busy street. Walking about at lunchtime there's distinct natural lanes and so on as people get to where they need to be in the limited time the man gives them. So don't be a word removed and decide to stop suddenly or veer diagonally back on yourself because suddenly you realised it simply must be Pret today.

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

Oh, that's an old favourite. Worth a try, but it will increase the likelihood of needing multiple pisses during the night (assuming you can force the water down in the first place). 

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

No headache? Tired and nauseous I can always cope with. They're a walk in the park compared with the blinding, crippling headaches I get with a hangover. 

I won't say it never happens but I usually get away with it. This morning I woke up at 3am, took a couple of paracetemol, drank a load of squash and went back to bed. Seems to have kept the thick head at bay. 

6 hours ago, Chindie said:

Tesco have changed their Clubcard recently. I only ever use the keyfob one, as it's far more convenient. They changed the old style barcode on it to a QR code. Great! It doesn't work anywhere. Morons.

People who leave enormous gaps behind someone using a cash points when queuing. Obviously you leave some room, privacy and courtesy of course, but yesterday on a busy city centre street a bloke left 10 feet. Which meant the queue was basically part blocking a very busy street. And then the same guy gave me a dirty look when I decided a more reasonable gap was 3 foot or so, besides which he was so big I couldn't see his pin even if I was peering over his shoulder.

People who don't follow the unwritten rules of walking on a busy street. Walking about at lunchtime there's distinct natural lanes and so on as people get to where they need to be in the limited time the man gives them. So don't be a word removed and decide to stop suddenly or veer diagonally back on yourself because suddenly you realised it simply must be Pret today.

the new clubcards do work.you use it as you use a contactless debit/credit card.

Â