Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I went running on Monday. When I woke on Tuesday I had a problem with my left knee. When rising from sitting down the left hand side area around my knee hurt. No issues when walking, just rising from sitting. It got more painful last night to the point I cant sleep. 

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I went running on Monday. When I woke on Tuesday I had a problem with my left knee. When rising from sitting down the left hand side area around my knee hurt. No issues when walking, just rising from sitting. It got more painful last night to the point I cant sleep. 

I get this too. The PT lad I'm seeing at the gym (but not in a ghey way) is always telling me i need to stretch my quads before (and after) i go for a run or circuit train. A foam roller helps a lot.

I guess it’s one for the running thread, but I have almost weekly problems with my feet or legs, and I never ever warm up. I literally get out of the car, meet a friend and we run. I need to learn from this and start warming up.

On 25/07/2017 at 19:24, Genie said:

It's a very odd situation, from the outside it's hard to see which party is being so unreasonable. Unsurprisingly the relationship between the boys parents and the hospital is completely shot and they only talk via lawyers.

At the risk of dragging this up again, someone just sent me a link to GOSH's position statement. The downloadable PDF makes interesting reading and shows a particularly good insight into details which the media have kind of glossed over. It does seem to dispel a lot of what the parents have said.

I have no concept of what they have been / are still going through but it does appear they have to shoulder a lot of blame for creating a storm when the battle was already lost (or never worth fighting).

Edited by choffer

2 minutes ago, choffer said:

At the risk of dragging this up again, someone just sent me a link to GOSH's position statement. The downloadable PDF makes interesting reading and shows a particularly good insight which the media have kind of glossed over. It does seem to dispel a lot of what the parents have said.

I have no concept of what they have been / are still going through but it does appear they have to shoulder a lot of blame for creating a storm when the battle was already lost (or never worth fighting).

Again, I'm not that close to the story nor do I know what its really like to be in their position (thank god) but it seems like they've become more consumed with their feud with GOSH than actually putting the little boy first and spending every single last moment with him and making him as comfortable as possible.

I know its a bit of crass suggestion but how much are all these legal challenges costing? Is it all publicly donated money they are spending on them?

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Again, I'm not that close to the story nor do I know what its really like to be in their position (thank god) but it seems like they've become more consumed with their feud with GOSH than actually putting the little boy first and spending every single last moment with him and making him as comfortable as possible.

I know its a bit of crass suggestion but how much are all these legal challenges costing? Is it all publicly donated money they are spending on them?

That's the sense I get but as with you, I've not really read much detail on it until I checked out the GOSH statement.

Just got back from the gym and the girl who was next to me on the treadmill had it elevated a fair bit. Very good, work those calves good and proper i thought, but no....she negated the incline by hanging on to the bar in front of her. Yeah, ok perhaps she was trying to measure her heart rate by grabbing those sensors but you don't need to keep hold of them to get a reading. 

It shouldn't piss me off but it did <_<

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Spot on. Chindie's article too. The above, combined with them wasting the limited resources of GOSH during their fight is why I called them selfish.

Liars was perhaps a bit strong as they've clearly been misled by the yank hack and the nonsense around him ever being 'normal' again and how he likes watching tv was more delusion than anything. Delusions of parents of a desperately sick child whose delusions have unfortunately had pretty shitty consequences on GOSH and have been scapegoated to push particular poltical agendas, especially by the American right.

The whole situation is awful.

Not wanting to sound flippant about a terribly sad story, but every time I enter this thread, the initials GOSH leap out at me and my brain is reading it as "good sense of humour" and it's taking me a few seconds to realise what's being discussed.

• Like 2

A bloke at work was telling me about his idea to open an Indian restaurant on a canal boat and I interrupted to tell him it should be called "The Onion Bargey". He kind of it ignored me and carried on telling me about how it would work.

I interrupted again, "as in Barge, like a boat" and he said he "yeah I got it" and carried on talking. 

Perhaps it's a bit obvious, but I expected a bit more than that. High five or something..

A bloke at work was telling me about his idea to open an Indian restaurant on a canal boat and I interrupted to tell him it should be called "The Onion Bargey". He kind of it ignored me and carried on telling me about how it would work.

I interrupted again, "as in Barge, like a boat" and he said he "yeah I got it" and carried on talking. 

Perhaps I'm a bit oblivious, but I expected a bit more than that. High five or something..

Super off peak return from Lichfield to brum is 6.20. Not the subject of my ire but a pisstakr none the less...

this ticket means you cant get a train between 16:35 and 18. Fine. But you cant even get past the ticket barriers until 18. Meaning if your train is at 18:01 you're screwed (especially how far the barriers are from the platforms at new street.

Â