Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I just accidentally watched the start of Celebrity Big Brother. Whilst obviously it's a horrific mess of a bunch of utter nobodies trying to be relevant, they also seemingly "lost" the geordie guy who used to do the voice over when it was mildly popular (15 years ago?) and replaced him with a cheap sound alike. Sums the show up perfectly.

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

I just accidentally watched the start of Celebrity Big Brother. Whilst obviously it's a horrific mess of a bunch of utter nobodies trying to be relevant, they also seemingly "lost" the geordie guy who used to do the voice over when it was mildly popular (15 years ago?) and replaced him with a cheap sound alike. Sums the show up perfectly.

Marcus Bentley

Bentley was selected as the narrator of the Channel 4 (now Channel 5) Reality Television programme Big Brother, which originated in the Netherlands, and this remains his best-known work.

15 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Oh, that's an old favourite. Worth a try, but it will increase the likelihood of needing multiple pisses during the night (assuming you can force the water down in the first place). 

I consume water until the edge of nausea before passing out drunk. Then drink more water when I go pee.

Awake doing just this now :)

Washed out and peeing regularly is better than a day lost to a bad head and a trampoline stomach.

My hangovers with cider were so bad due to the sugar crash I have stopped drinking it. Not headache but a feeling that I was a step away from death. Almost flu like symptoms. 

Edited by Seat68

17 hours ago, Xela said:

I won't say it never happens but I usually get away with it. This morning I woke up at 3am, took a couple of paracetemol, drank a load of squash and went back to bed. Seems to have kept the thick head at bay. 

This. 

I think the best way to get over a hangover is toforce yourself to get up, so that you properly wake up. Take some painkillers (ibuprofen are better for hangovers) and some water and then go BACK to bed. 

My theory is that when you fall asleep pissed you don't really sleep. You just pass out. When you force yourself to wake up and then go back to sleep you then actually properly sleep.

I nearly always do this now and it definitely helps. Obviously you need the luxury of time though. 

• Like 2

People who air their dirty linen on social media. Specifically in this case Amir Khan and his soon to be ex wife, who now resembles a blow up doll (shame as she was gorgeous before she overdid the surgeries)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

People who air their dirty linen on social media. Specifically in this case Amir Khan and his soon to be ex wife, who now resembles a blow up doll (shame as she was gorgeous before she overdid the surgeries)

That is one **** up situation. She's now saying her account was hacked and none of those remarks were from her.

Acting like a word removed and then treating your "followers" like words removed too.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

That is one **** up situation. She's now saying her account was hacked and none of those remarks were from her.

Acting like a word removed and then treating your "followers" like words removed too.

Attention whores.

Post every minute detail of their sordid lives then complain that people are talking about them. 

Banned from Facebook again :)

Although it doesn't piss me off now as I know it's coming, unlike the the puritannical jizzblob that looks out for the merest sign of flesh

• Haha 1

On 05/08/2017 at 13:07, magnkarl said:

An Irish friend of mine says he's got the solution to not getting hung over. He necks two pints of water before he goes out and two pints when he gets home, and he's always chirpy the day after when the rest of us are looking like dogs trying to pass razor-blades.

Tell him the first two pints before he goes out are pointless, just means he'll need a piss quicker when he's out and the diuretic effect of the alcohol will have bunged this water out of his system long before he's finished drinking

On ‎05‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 09:45, Xela said:

I had an early start this morning so what did I do last night? Chuck far too much cider down my neck. Now feeling a combination of tired and nauseous. 

6 pints and I'm ruined. Its a sign we're getting old!

My ability to cope with a hangover left me fully at the age of 35. Takes me about 2 days to recover now, especially if I drink beer or cider. I seem to cope better with wine or spirits now I am hitting 40.

• Like 2

People who describe themselves as 'foodies'. You like to eat out. Big deal. 

People who describe themselves as 'activists'. You run a blog and send tweets. You aren't fighting the system.

Phone snobbery. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Xela said:

People who describe themselves as 'activists'. You run a blog and send tweets. You aren't fighting the system.

Phone snobbery. 

Yep, yep and yep.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xela said:

Phone snobbery. 

I have a niece who describes herself as an activist.

She's a repulsive, self-centered bully 

On 8/5/2017 at 04:45, Xela said:

I had an early start this morning so what did I do last night? Chuck far too much cider down my neck. Now feeling a combination of tired and nauseous. 

6 pints and I'm ruined. Its a sign we're getting old!

I can't drink more than one cider a night. Crushes my head the next day.

I've got a stag weekend in a couple of months. Which I'm looking forward to but not so much the hangover(s) 

I can usually match most drink for drink but I've only drank more than about 4 beers a handful of times in the last year. So with hangovers getting worse as I get older and maybe a lower tolerance to alcohol, its going to be horrible.

Â