Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I'll be honest and say I walked away, gave my ST to someone else cancelled a couple of away games, I'll do blues at home, due to the silly numbers in the sunshine I'll do Blackburn away, I'll take all of next year off

1) I don't understand doing it to yourself if you don't enjoy it, there's a mate and lad thing that goes on with football but I spent this afternoon in the pub for 5 mates, it ticks a massive social box but at the same time there's no social void if I don't go

2) agree I really don't understand the oneupmanship of revelling in us being a bit shit   

There been a fair few years previous of feeling forced to go because I made a financial commitment to going, this year I said **** it 

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'll be honest and say I walked away, gave my ST to someone else cancelled a couple of away games, I'll do blues at home, due to the silly numbers in the sunshine I'll do Blackburn away, I'll take all of next year off

1) I don't understand doing it to yourself if you don't enjoy it, there's a mate and lad thing that goes on with football but I spent this afternoon in the pub for 5 mates, it ticks a massive social box but at the same time there's no social void if I don't go

2) agree I really don't understand the oneupmanship of revelling in us being a bit shit   

There been a fair few years previous of feeling forced to go because I made a financial commitment to going, this year I said **** it 

I get what you are saying. I was a regular between the late 80's and about 2002/3 but then its been less and less. I'll never stop supporting them but it doesn't ruin my weekend anymore if we lose. 

I don't think I would ever have a ST again. I prefer non league now. Can stand, no segregation (apart from the odd game) and can have a pint on the terraces! Plus the players are doing it for the love of it, not money. There is no diving or histrionics. The downside is that occasionally you may get smacked in the face with the ball if you're not concentrating! 

• Like 2

I got asked to go watch kiddy harriers yesterday, £16 a ticket, how I laughed...

my love for all of its gone, 2016 I didn't villa home and away, preseason in France, did England in France, cooked the golden goose, the piss up can't save it

This year has helped me detach almost entirely. It's not possible for me to go more than a few times a season, but for the last few years since I had to give up my ST, come kick off I was here with a stream up on one monitor, and the match thread up on the other. Not being able to even watch the games online anymore kind of stops it from mattering.  I mostly just post on here because off topic is a laugh now, rather than giving a shit about the football :P 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I got asked to go watch kiddy harriers yesterday, £16 a ticket, how I laughed...

my love for all of its gone, 2016 I didn't villa home and away, preseason in France, did England in France, cooked the golden goose, the piss up can't save it

That is pricey! £10 at Sutton Coldfield Town FC today. £9 at FC United (same league as Kiddy). Seen about 10 non league games this year. 

I did pay £14 at Alfreton though, which I thought was a liberty! 

I've taken my lad to see 3 games at the Lamb (Tamworth) this year  and 2 games at Villa Park. I honestly think we both enjoy the occasion of seeing Tamworth more.

Even though it's only a couple of miles from our house we go on the bus as it's a bit of a rarity for my son and he likes it. After the game we go in the bar and have a couple of drinks before getting "mom" to pop down and collect us.

If he had the choice of which team to go and watch it would be Tamworth. TBH, it's a fairly hard sell to get him to VP with all the moaning, traffic, walking...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

We've got an alarming number of 'fans' tugging themselves off as we lose, because they get to say 'I told you so', for a couple of days at least. **** On Topic. 

Some of our 'fans' are abysmal. 

When you have a really nice meal out, the food is great, the service brilliant, until it comes to when you finish and want to pay the bill, ending up having to wait almost longer for that than it took to eat 3 courses.  I never understand why they don't want to take your money as soon as possible and get the next lot of customers in.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I've totally detached from football this season and I don't really miss it much. I can count on one hand the amount of premier league games I've watched from start to finish. If there's one thing positive about being out of the Premier League is that you can really see it for the overhyped, self serving shite it truly is. 

Considering you're so detached from it, you moan about it a lot ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

When you have a really nice meal out, the food is great, the service brilliant, until it comes to when you finish and want to pay the bill, ending up having to wait almost longer for that than it took to eat 3 courses.  I never understand why they don't want to take your money as soon as possible and get the next lot of customers in.

I tend to ask for the bill about 5 minutes before I'd like to leave. If the bill hasn't been presented within those 5 minutes I will ask again. After another 5 minutes I've either paid or I'm walking towards the till. Just once, after waiting a couple of minutes at the till area, did I head towards the door. Funny enough, that got the bill to me pretty quick. This method ensures never waiting much more than minutes longer than ideal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I've totally detached from football this season and I don't really miss it much. I can count on one hand the amount of premier league games I've watched from start to finish. If there's one thing positive about being out of the Premier League is that you can really see it for the overhyped, self serving shite it truly is. 

Exactly my opinion.

46 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I really hate what I call 'Facebook philosophers', the sort of clearings in the woods who attempt to post extremely 'profound' messages and share these dumb ass pictures which have 'motivational' statements about 'life goals' in, just **** the **** off.

This is the one I hate the most... 

531.jpg

• Like 1

There was a day (partially thanks to Merlin sticker collections) that I could name every single player in the Prem.  Now I couldn't name more than 2 players from some teams.

Also I couldn't name the managers of Southampton, Hull, Leicester and Watford, although I am now going to google them.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

There was a day (partially thanks to Merlin sticker collections) that I could name every single player in the Prem.  Now I couldn't name more than 2 players from some teams.

Also I couldn't name the managers of Southampton, Hull, Leicester and Watford, although I am now going to google them.

Same. I used to avidly watch any game I could. I dare say I could name the majority of the Millwall team from 1989 just by the fact, as you say, the football sticker albums! Same with the Oldham squad of the same era. Now I couldn't name 5 players from Watford. 

Â