Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

38 minutes ago, V01 said:

Allegedly there is a plant that cats don't like the smell of you can use as a repellant, I think citrus gets mentioned too anecdotally.

I would imagine the one thing that winds up Chindie more than cat shit, is people helpfully suggesting a whole array of 'cures' that involve his time and expense to stop other selfish people's cat's stinking the place up with shit. They don't work.

Plagued by it back at my previous address. Deluded selfish weirdos, your cat owners, mostly ukip pensioner types, worse than aids.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I would imagine the one thing that winds up Chindie more than cat shit, is people helpfully suggesting a whole array of 'cures' that involve his time and expense to stop other selfish people's cat's stinking the place up with shit. They don't work.

Plagued by it back at my previous address. Deluded selfish weirdos, your cat owners, mostly ukip pensioner types, worse than aids.

I think the thing that really winds @Chindie up is when people suggest he doesn't fully understand a film. 

I have no idea where my cat shits. It certainly isn't in my garden though.

31 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

I don't mind cats but have fell foul myself recently by stepping into cat turd with just socks on on the lawn. It was very traumatic I must say

Eww. You walk on grass in your socks? You deserve all you get. 

I'll walk on a beach in bare feet, but anywhere else footwear is compulsory. 

• Like 1

Normally really clever people knowing how to use apostrophes in contractions and possessives but not understanding there's no apostrophe in the possessive 'its'

Only put an apostrophe there when shortening 'it is'. It will help my OCD. Thanks.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Normally really clever people knowing how to use apostrophes in contractions and possessives but not understanding there's no apostrophe in the possessive 'its'

Only put an apostrophe there when shortening 'it is'. It will help my OCD. Thanks.

Darren M, your cover is blown. You've been busy in Bristol haven't you? Still though, fair play: 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/03/revealed-self-styled-grammar-vigilante-corrects-badly-punctuated/

Aself-styled ‘grammar vigilante’ has revealed that he has spent years changing offending shop signs in the dead of night.

Wielding an ‘apostrophiser’ – a broom handle laden with two sponges and a number of stickers – the man has corrected tens of missing and misplaced apostrophes on shop banners across Bristol over the past 13 years.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Eww. You walk on grass in your socks? You deserve all you get. 

I'll walk on a beach in bare feet, but anywhere else footwear is compulsory. 

Not routinely but if just sat out lounging and kick shoes off, won't put them on to go a few yards and sit down. I am a bit of a redneck though to be fair. 

Learned the hard way though with a hidden deposit in the lawn. 

24 minutes ago, darrenm said:

There's an Aer Lingus ad on the backs of buses at the moment with a howling grocer's apostrophe in it. 

2 hours ago, V01 said:

Allegedly there is a plant that cats don't like the smell of you can use as a repellant, I think citrus gets mentioned too anecdotally.

I have some aftershave which seems to repel women in the same way :(

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Road rage. By others, unnecessarily. Just a minor one. 

Ritht so I was up early, had stuff I needed. All sorted. At Wickes, right next to Hereford FC in the centre. Driving off, going back to main road, damn I hear something topple over in the back loudly even though I'd secured it all I didn't want to risk getting back to find something had leaked, as anyone would. Or it falling out of course. 

Instantly right by the Waitrose , I indicated left there's no one around it's about 745 am. I two wheeled it into the kerb pulled over. Sorted the stuff out. Nice morning. Then I go to get back in see a car coming so I wait for it to pass, it doesn't, sits there with his missus in car banging he horn and waving his arms. W t f. This is not a single lane by the way there's a straight on and a turn right to the actual stadium had acres of room and the other lane to use. Clearly I wasn't pulled over for fun after all or could have even broken down for all he knew. 

So I'm now feeling a bit of rage myself and I'm a passive sort def no Arnie but this really annoyed me. So I gave some back by which time he starts driving off slowly then speeds up. Whatever mate. Lights turn red. I'm all sorted. I get in. We're both turning same direction at lights. Turns green. Sits there. He drives off on amber. I thought fk it. Just stayed. 

Encountered that gimp about a hundred yards down parked in a bus stop who then pulls out at last minute. I'm not kidding I didn't do anything wrong. So he's in front of me. I follow him a little closely but expect a full anchor so back off. Eventually he turns off and basically u turns as I looked in rear view mirror. Gave him the sign etc. Horns. 

So what a load of crap. I drove back actually analysing thinking wait , I was parked ok as ok can possibly be , wasn't blocking and no I did nothing wrong. Accepted the guy was a clearing in the woods and drove normally back. Long story but example as point is I get that some people get road rage. But some people willingly look to create it and almost force a circumstance. That's what p's me off. Worst too his missus was fit and seemed totally "down" with the behaviour. What an absolute gimp. Ah well. Green Audi A4 not that that matters but I'll be wary , small city this. 

Some people are just rocket polishers. I was driving the other day and I could see a car waiting to come out of a side road on the left in front,. He wanted to turn right, ie come across the traffic. Now 95% of the cars going in the direction I was, turn left, at that road. He must have assumed I was going to, despite me not indicating or slowing down. So the clearing in the woods pulls out in front of me to turn right and I have to slam the brakes on hard and I screeched to a halt metres from his door. I look at him and he mouths the words "**** rocket polisher" back at me! I was frigging fuming! A small part of me wishes I had an old Land Rover Defender and didn't brake! I was shaking with anger. If he'd have apologised I'd have been fine... but the fact he was aggressively staring at me, and his fat chavvy missus flicking the v's with her chubby sovved up fingers. Scum. I hope they get AIDS. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

Some people are just rocket polishers. I was driving the other day and I could see a car waiting to come out of a side road on the left in front,. He wanted to turn right, ie come across the traffic. Now 95% of the cars going in the direction I was, turn left, at that road. He must have assumed I was going to, despite me not indicating or slowing down. So the clearing in the woods pulls out in front of me to turn right and I have to slam the brakes on hard and I screeched to a halt metres from his door. I look at him and he mouths the words "**** rocket polisher" back at me! I was frigging fuming! A small part of me wishes I had an old Land Rover Defender and didn't brake! I was shaking with anger. If he'd have apologised I'd have been fine... but the fact he was aggressively staring at me, and his fat chavvy missus flicking the v's with her chubby sovved up fingers. Scum. I hope they get AIDS. 

Thing is bud, you don't know these days who are insured and who aren't or who quite simply wouldn't mind you crashing into them so they can max out on a claim for the car and injuries to the occupants. 

That aside, I feel that anger and know exactly what you mean. You did nothing wrong yet, were effectively blamed for someone else's deliberate act of being a total c word. I get what you mean, the shaking, takes time to calm down. Then you assess, what did happen, did I do wrong... then comes the sad realisation of just how some are and unfortunately live and let live but that you did nothing wrong. 

all this obvious and not new news but I felt for you reading that. Like I said lot of bell ends around these days, more cars more people more attitude. 

Plenty of "fail" videos on YouTube showing how those people we have both described do get their comeuppance from time to time. My favourite one is this below. Some guy in a pickup acting like king of the road , intimidating some woman... what could possibly go wrong eh?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Thing is bud, you don't know these days who are insured and who aren't or who quite simply wouldn't mind you crashing into them so they can max out on a claim for the car and injuries to the occupants. 

That aside, I feel that anger and know exactly what you mean. You did nothing wrong yet, were effectively blamed for someone else's deliberate act of being a total c word. I get what you mean, the shaking, takes time to calm down. Then you assess, what did happen, did I do wrong... then comes the sad realisation of just how some are and unfortunately live and let live but that you did nothing wrong. 

all this obvious and not new news but I felt for you reading that. Like I said lot of bell ends around these days, more cars more people more attitude. 

Plenty of "fail" videos on YouTube showing how those people we have both described do get their comeuppance from time to time. My favourite one is this below. Some guy in a pickup acting like king of the road , intimidating some woman... what could possibly go wrong eh

Thing is, if i'd have hit him, he'd have probably been seriously hurt or worse. It was his car door versus the front end of an old 6 cylinder 3 litre engine block! He should have been apologetically acknowledging me while breathing a huge sigh of relief that I didn't delay by a second. Otherwise he'd have been tasting my spark plugs. Yet all he and Waynetta Slob in the passenger seat could do was abuse me. 

It did take time to calm down but now I just think "**** 'em!'. If that is who they are and what they do when they are in the wrong then I pity them. 

Probably small heath fans ;)

Edited by Xela

32 minutes ago, Xela said:

Thing is, if i'd have hit him, he'd have probably been seriously hurt or worse. It was his car door versus the front end of an old 6 cylinder 3 litre engine block! He should have been apologetically acknowledging me while breathing a huge sigh of relief that I didn't delay by a second. Otherwise he'd have been tasting my spark plugs. Yet all he and Waynetta Slob in the passenger seat could do was abuse me. 

It did take time to calm down but now I just think "**** 'em!'. If that is who they are and what they do when they are in the wrong then I pity them. 

Probably small heath fans ;)

F them indeed brother. I don't mean to get all psychological but above and beyond his display, if his character, like many, normalise that behaviour, most likely with regularity, they most likely repeat such displays away from the safety bubble of their vehicle. They  don't stop being a bell end when they're all parked up. 

Then, when all back home, comes the same but to those around him, family, friends, Waynetta. Those with such corrosive lives don't win in the end, they burn bridges, and fester in more and more unhappiness. Waynetta, though conditioned to his ways, will eventually bone his best mate or some stranger in the bogs on a girls night out too. 

Its all cyclical. Mr feral will never learn though as everyone else is to blame as he sees it, that his colleagues all hate him, his neighbours hate him, he won't and can't see he's the cause. That cycle then, sees him regularly part of conflict of which he won't always win, but you get from A to B 99 times in a hundred without incident, for him a worse ratio. The unhappy life I said there, is made better with little wins as he sees it. The "punishment" he dishes out on the roads, or the attitude he gave you for instance. 

That made him feel good, a little power, a little vengeance upon you and other for having a regular and happy life, the very thing he knows he is ostracised from and can never achieve. You win in the end.

Him, right now, he's checking Waynetta's phone to see why a person saved as "Lucy (work)" just sent a picture of an erect cock in What's App and squinting his eyes as he tries to unlock her phone as he realises she's been seeing a lot of this newly emerged "Lucy" recently. 

I'm like that weird f--ker down in the tub with all the tubes connected in Minority Report me. Less bald though. Prob same size rack maybe.

Either that, or it was Zola speeding the hell away from St Andrews. That would explain the desperation to pull out like that, and the fact he heard Lidl were hiring. It is a step up, in employment terms, I wish Zola well. 

• Like 4

Reading the continual moaning remarks after beating small Heath on the main board.

some people are clearly never happy.

dread to think what it'd be like if we'd lost earlier 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Reading the continual moaning remarks after beating small Heath on the main board.

some people are clearly never happy.

dread to think what it'd be like if we'd lost earlier 

I was sat here reading this comment thinking 'I haven't seen those moaning remarks', and then I realised that's because I've stopped reading the Steve Bruce thread. I just don't click on it. And the rest is happy days!

• Like 2

Â