Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

People calling their parents by their first names. Radio presenter this morning kept talking about her mom and calling her Linda. You could tell she was adding emphasis to it almost trying to make the story sound funnier or sound cooler than what she/it was. Perfect fit for something that shouldn't wind me up but does. 

• Like 2

Using the photocopier at work when someone stands directly behind me and waits for me to finish.

You can see from where you sit it is occupied. Now I feel pressurised to scan a whole lot of shit quickly.I just scan half of it as I feel like I am against the clock. Sit the **** down and wait, you word removed.

• Like 3

It pisses me off when people stand at the photocopier and scan a whole load of shit really slowly. 

Don't they realise that my stuff is more important, and i'm standing closely behind them in the hope they get the hint and go sit back down without finishing.

• Like 2

On 18/04/2017 at 15:09, mottaloo said:

When my phone updates a few apps in one go but one of the icons goes missing afterwards and i cant remember which one it is.

(Ok, i know that i should cross check "recently updated apps" on the playstore, but I'm more peed off at my ever failing memory than anything else :()

ohhh, i never thought of that way of finding out what app has gone missing!

i just hunt around my phone in vain, and eventually give up and slot something new in the gap.

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Using the photocopier at work when someone stands directly behind me and waits for me to finish.

You can see from where you sit it is occupied. Now I feel pressurised to scan a whole lot of shit quickly.I just scan half of it as I feel like I am against the clock. Sit the **** down and wait, you word removed.

I've reached the point now where I just scan and photocopy even slower just to annoy the person waiting. 

Sign of becoming a miserable old git! 

Day off today whilst I get a new washing machine delivered. Fancied a crafty shuffle in bed during my lie-in, try to get onto a couple of websites and Sky has blocked them for me.

Checked my settings... all fine, but still won't let me on. **** useless jeb-ends. Can't even spank it in my own home.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Day off today whilst I get a new washing machine delivered. Fancied a crafty shuffle in bed during my lie-in, try to get onto a couple of websites and Sky has blocked them for me.

Checked my settings... all fine, but still won't let me on. **** useless jeb-ends. Can't even spank it in my own home.

Opt in.  On the list.  Check.  It's all for your safety dontcha know.

helen-lovejoy-pic.png

16 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Yes. I have done many murders because of this.

I've only the one.  But it has given me a taste.

There are some right weirdos who come to the Contemporary gallery every week to watch films. Me and my mates have been to every one in the current season of classic movies and there are three stand out characters who are always there too:

- An old guy who falls asleep and snores through every film (Snoozey McSnoreyton)

- Some thirty-something chubby bearded guy who gasps way too loud when something shocking happens (Gaspy McShock)

- and the worst by far is this nerdy guy in his forties perhaps who has the most ridiculous high-pitched hyena laugh who not only has that ridiculous piercing guffaw, but also finds unfunny things hilarious so he giggles like a clearing in the woods when no one else is. He doesn't have a name really, I just refer to him as the Giggling clearing in the woods.

Not sure I'd kill him but I've certainly wanted to throw my shoe at his head a few times.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ginko said:

- and the worst by far is this nerdy guy in his forties perhaps who has the most ridiculous high-pitched hyena laugh who not only has that ridiculous piercing guffaw, but also finds unfunny things hilarious so he giggles like a clearing in the woods when no one else is. He doesn't have a name really, I just refer to him as the Giggling clearing in the woods.

Not sure I'd kill him but I've certainly wanted to throw my shoe at his head a few times.

Squealy McDeadington.

Theres been some sort of phishing email sent to someone in my company which they have opened and its sent something to everyone, and all replies to that are being sent round to everyone aswell. But not only are people sending replies, people are replying to tell people to stop replying. Theres now more emails from people replying to tell people to stop replying than there was just people emailing to say it wasnt for them. 

We only had an internet security briefing last month. That obviously worked well! 

53 minutes ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

Theres been some sort of phishing email sent to someone in my company which they have opened and its sent something to everyone, and all replies to that are being sent round to everyone aswell. But not only are people sending replies, people are replying to tell people to stop replying. Theres now more emails from people replying to tell people to stop replying than there was just people emailing to say it wasnt for them. 

We only had an internet security briefing last month. That obviously worked well! 

If only there were professionals who could assist with all of this :mrgreen:

The right help can be expensive though, but I'd love to see the RoI statement for your "security briefing".

Â