Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I saw those tickets when I went on the site earlier in the week, I laughed and refreshed the page a few times. A few hours later there were two tickets in the lower holte on sale for £25 each and I snapped them up.

I have no idea what is occuring with these tickets, but they are not listed now and I very highly doubt someone purchased them. Do the club set the resale price or is it the owner of the ticket, or is it seatwave. I am not sure as someone listed a pair of tickets dirt cheap so I am clueless.

21 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Extra time in football.  22 footballers dead on their arse and United probably end up winning.  Just go to penalties FFS, at least it's a test of technique and bottle.

Nah. Keep playing until there is a winner, even if its 5 hours. Let the clearings in the woods work hard for once :D

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Extra time in football.  22 footballers dead on their arse and United probably end up winning.  Just go to penalties FFS, at least it's a test of technique and bottle.

I'm exactly the same, shit games don't get better by adding 30 minutes to the them, they get shitter, the Utd vs Chelsea fa cup final when drogba scored in the 119th minute was utter **** garbage, I felt robbed of a shoot out, penalties make everything better and like you say should be the ultimate test of actual footballing ability, extra time is about fitness and conditioning

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Xela said:

Not even half nine on a Friday and i'm considering going to bed 

I need to sort my shit out! 

Time has never bothered me regarding bed. If I'm ready at half eight then I will go up. Ive never been stay up late kind of person. 

We got conned by a mobile mechanic last week and he's refusing to pay back the money. Won't go into the whole story but what's the best way to resolve this other than giving him a good hiding and smashing his van up. I've been told by someone we are best just taking it on the chin and learning from it as we probably won't be able to get the money back. 

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

We got conned by a mobile mechanic last week and he's refusing to pay back the money. Won't go into the whole story but what's the best way to resolve this other than giving him a good hiding and smashing his van up. I've been told by someone we are best just taking it on the chin and learning from it as we probably won't be able to get the money back. 

Do you have a receipt, or any other record of the transaction?

8 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Yes we have a receipt.

Well I'm not a lawyer, but your case sounds like the textbook situation of what the Small Claims Court is for. I would assume you would have a very good chance of a positive outcome if you've provably paid for the work and he has either not done it or done it to a laughably poor standard. 

16 hours ago, Xela said:

Not even half nine on a Friday and i'm considering going to bed 

I need to sort my shit out! 

Damned straight my friend. Mine was worse I slept on bubble wrap in a sleeping bag again (place nowhere near ready to furniture) but got up at six with an absolutely new back. Very recommended. I think Merson used to sleep on a sort of wooden board on away trips I once read they had to cart around for him. 

14 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Well I'm not a lawyer, but your case sounds like the textbook situation of what the Small Claims Court is for. I would assume you would have a very good chance of a positive outcome if you've provably paid for the work and he has either not done it or done it to a laughably poor standard. 

He never even fixed the problem and then when we called him back out he wanted more money  to fix it which my wife politely told him to feck off. He then said he would take the car to the garage and get it sorted which he would pay for out of the money we gave him first time round. Car came back two hours later and he posted keys and quickly done one whilst my pregnant wife ran out after him. He pulled off with a grin on his face and the car had not been touched so he lied to us. Unfortunately or fortunately I was at work but it would of been a different story if I was there. I'm thinking of getting a friend to call him out in a couple of weeks and confronting him. We've only been conned out of £65 but it's the principle too, and we are still left with the problem on the car. Might look into small claims but if it's too much hassle I might try an hands on approach.

22 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Post deleted. I mis read. Thought he had a customer problem. Amstels fault. 

I read your post and if I could drive I would actually come down and have a look for you regarding your roof. I'm actually in the process of learning to drive. One way or another I will get my money back off that clearing in the woods. 

• Like 1

Road rage. By others, unnecessarily. Just a minor one. 

Ritht so I was up early, had stuff I needed. All sorted. At Wickes, right next to Hereford FC in the centre. Driving off, going back to main road, damn I hear something topple over in the back loudly even though I'd secured it all I didn't want to risk getting back to find something had leaked, as anyone would. Or it falling out of course. 

Instantly right by the Waitrose , I indicated left there's no one around it's about 745 am. I two wheeled it into the kerb pulled over. Sorted the stuff out. Nice morning. Then I go to get back in see a car coming so I wait for it to pass, it doesn't, sits there with his missus in car banging he horn and waving his arms. W t f. This is not a single lane by the way there's a straight on and a turn right to the actual stadium had acres of room and the other lane to use. Clearly I wasn't pulled over for fun after all or could have even broken down for all he knew. 

So I'm now feeling a bit of rage myself and I'm a passive sort def no Arnie but this really annoyed me. So I gave some back by which time he starts driving off slowly then speeds up. Whatever mate. Lights turn red. I'm all sorted. I get in. We're both turning same direction at lights. Turns green. Sits there. He drives off on amber. I thought fk it. Just stayed. 

Encountered that gimp about a hundred yards down parked in a bus stop who then pulls out at last minute. I'm not kidding I didn't do anything wrong. So he's in front of me. I follow him a little closely but expect a full anchor so back off. Eventually he turns off and basically u turns as I looked in rear view mirror. Gave him the sign etc. Horns. 

So what a load of crap. I drove back actually analysing thinking wait , I was parked ok as ok can possibly be , wasn't blocking and no I did nothing wrong. Accepted the guy was a clearing in the woods and drove normally back. Long story but example as point is I get that some people get road rage. But some people willingly look to create it and almost force a circumstance. That's what p's me off. Worst too his missus was fit and seemed totally "down" with the behaviour. What an absolute gimp. Ah well. Green Audi A4 not that that matters but I'll be wary , small city this. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I read your post and if I could drive I would actually come down and have a look for you regarding your roof. I'm actually in the process of learning to drive. One way or another I will get my money back off that clearing in the woods. 

Thanks bud I'm so skint at the mo that by the time you pass I'll have prob got the cash to sort it! Money keeps disappearing into what starts as basic diy becomes something bigger. Case in question this week, random stuff shoved into a wall and filled over sort of dodgy plaster. Found a side of a doritos box, covering a deep hole literally plastered over the size of a tv screen. W t hell. All I did was have a finger nail nibble at why there was so many cracks on this one wall and then but by bit became chunk by chunk. Crazy. Guess that deserves to go in this thread too. Can quote way worse recently and the above not expensive to repair but yeah I'll add that. People's deliberately bad DIY. 

Add to the mix people like me who are basic at best and left scratching head! Then... think fk it. Tunes. Sun lounger (dumped by previous owner)and couple beers and I'll hasta mana the rest

9 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Thanks bud I'm so skint at the mo that by the time you pass I'll have prob got the cash to sort it! Money keeps disappearing into what starts as basic diy becomes something bigger. Case in question this week, random stuff shoved into a wall and filled over sort of dodgy plaster. Found a side of a doritos box, covering a deep hole literally plastered over the size of a tv screen. W t hell. All I did was have a finger nail nibble at why there was so many cracks on this one wall and then but by bit became chunk by chunk. Crazy. Guess that deserves to go in this thread too. Can quote way worse recently and the above not expensive to repair but yeah I'll add that. People's deliberately bad DIY. 

Add to the mix people like me who are basic at best and left scratching head! Then... think fk it. Tunes. Sun lounger (dumped by previous owner)and couple beers and I'll hasta mana the rest

Sounds like my worst nightmare. I'm not one for DIY and I just like to move into places and not have to do much. 

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Sounds like my worst nightmare. I'm not one for DIY and I just like to move into places and not have to do much. 

Yeah I won't go into it much but belatedly agreeing there. I am diagnosing myself with a case of DIY ADHD. I'll get there in the end. 

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Or die trying :)

I even thought that this morn! Hence some of the crap I went to th shop to get. Had close call last night with my extension cable drum being delicately balanced on some not-right-for-the-job step ladders. Leant too far. Buckaroo! Instinctively reached out to grab cable drum, at the expense of a snatch back from the electric sander which shot out of my hands. Me. Extension cable. Sander. All on our arses. It was YouTube worthy. I should just set up a camera on myself actually prob make a bit of dough that way. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

I even thought that this morn! Hence some of the crap I went to th shop to get. Had close call last night with my extension cable drum being delicately balanced on some not-right-for-the-job step ladders. Leant too far. Buckaroo! Instinctively reached out to grab cable drum, at the expense of a snatch back from the electric sander which shot out of my hands. Me. Extension cable. Sander. All on our arses. It was YouTube worthy. I should just set up a camera on myself actually prob make a bit of dough that way. 

:crylaugh:Stay safe mate :D

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Â