Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

42 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I applaud the DVSA's efforts to ensure that they save government money by making a relatively simple process as frustrating, inconvenient and time consuming as possible.

My mileage was recorded incorrectly, it displays in km so 75,000km, but the MOT centre read it as miles and converted it to km, so 75000km is now 120,000 miles. I now have to take it to DVSA and get them to verify the mileage. I am not looking forward to it. 

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Is the right answer.

As a mate of mine once deftly put it "Do you know what it means when someone has their indicator on?  It means their indicator is working".

It usually means they are playing very loud music. 

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Is the right answer.

As a mate of mine once deftly put it "Do you know what it means when someone has their indicator on?  It means their indicator is working".

exactly that , if it's  a woman driver you've no idea if that indicator has been on for the past  6 hours

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Is the right answer.

But it's also, you know, an indicator of what they probably will be doing.

On its own, a blinking indicator means very little. In the subliminal context of everything else happening e.g. their eyes, car position, hand position, head position, it means the difference between assuming they're turning or not, which is the difference between you leaving it later to brake and being more prepared for what you think they're doing.

Obviously you always cover yourself. But indicating makes a huge difference. You don't rely on it on its own, nor do you rely on all of the information together if it would be life or death. If you are very confident that someone's turning, they have the blinker on, their whole movement and behaviour is that of someone about to turn, then you'll carry on with the proviso that you'll need to floor it away or brake sharply if need be. Without the indicator you don't have that luxury.

Just now, darrenm said:

But it's also, you know, an indicator of what they probably will be doing.

On its own, a blinking indicator means very little. In the subliminal context of everything else happening e.g. their eyes, car position, hand position, head position, it means the difference between assuming they're turning or not, which is the difference between you leaving it later to brake and being more prepared for what you think they're doing.

Obviously you always cover yourself. But indicating makes a huge difference. You don't rely on it on its own, nor do you rely on all of the information together if it would be life or death. If you are very confident that someone's turning, they have the blinker on, their whole movement and behaviour is that of someone about to turn, then you'll carry on with the proviso that you'll need to floor it away or brake sharply if need be. Without the indicator you don't have that luxury.

I think you got what I meant.  Plus beware the scammer.  Never rely on anyone else.  Even if it looks like they're slowing to turn, they could easily T-bone you intentionally.  At the end of the day I want to keep my no claims bonus and I do that by never assuming.  You can be right 99 times ...

19 hours ago, mjmooney said:

The new computer-generated ringtone by MC F*ckface, featuring Pissy J

I think that's the current number one

• Like 1

3 of the last 4 working days I have driven home from work there has been a 'broken down' car in one of the main commuter routes out of Brum, specifically the tunnels that lead onto the Aston Distressway. Now, i'm no conspiracy theorist but c'mon! That's taking the piss!  :angry: 

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Woke up with a crick in my neck and can't move my head to the left properly.  Looking forward to the Frankenstein jokes at work today.

I woke up and my left arm is knackered, my forearm is absolutely killing.

No this isn't a masturbation joke, but I know you guys will treat it as such.

20 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

I woke up and my left arm is knackered, my forearm is absolutely killing.

No this isn't a masturbation joke, but I know you guys will treat it as such.

I wouldn't be so crass as to make an immature joke about your forearm aching being due to you masturbating.  That would be easy.

It's obvious to me that it's aching because your dad snuck into your room and wanked HIMSELF off with your hand.

:P 

• Like 3

Unfortunately, it's a browser extension that you only ever find about when it's too late, but next time, you might be saved by Lazarus, available for both Chrome and Firefox.

It's saved me, a ridiculous number of times.

Autosaves everything you type so you can easily recover from form-killing timeouts, crashes and network errors.

Ever had one of those “oh $*#@” moments when you've finally finished filling out a long form, and hit submit only to see an error message? And when you hit the back button, the form was blank... If so, you know you need Lazarus. And if not, you have a chance to install Lazarus before disaster strikes!  

Lazarus saves everything you type so if the worst happens you can recover the whole form by simply clicking a menu item. The data can be encrypted and is saved on your machine so you know it's safe. 

• Like 3

I was standing on the train this morning (as always) and as the train pulled into New Street I realised I was literally unable to move my left leg. Upon closer inspection it turned out that some absolute rocket polisher had chosen to dispose of his chewing gum right in the middle of the aisle. It's now more than an hour later, and I'm still sticking to the floor every step I take with my left leg. 

I sincerley hope, without exaggerating or caring, that whoever the **** he is he falls onto the tracks in front of an onrushing train and gets severed in **** half, the bellend. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Unfortunately, it's a browser extension that you only ever find about when it's too late, but next time, you might be saved by Lazarus, available for both Chrome and Firefox.

It's saved me, a ridiculous number of times.

Thanks, I'll install this. Will likely come in handy because I'm applying for a lot of jobs at the moment.

My inability to remember foods I don't like all that much. Work canteen today, the BBQ chicken pizza looked nice, so I got that. Half way through eating it, I remembered I don't really like pizza.

Â