Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

It's not even just opinions though Bri. It's the way people act about football. The way people use it.

A combination of how terrible we've been for years and how toxic our fanbase is, is wearing me down.

The most depressing thing is that we've been so shit that they often turn out to be right, which makes them all the more unbearable as they seem to revel in our shitness.  Very few of the people on my list post in off-topic so I know I'm not missing out on their posts in other sections, so I'm more than happy just to ignore them.  It makes it a much better forum to read.

• Like 1

I follow a local online group of techies, just to see if anything interesting pops up.

Today's most popular post:

LGBTQIA+? Just curious what kinda mix we've got going on 1f642.png:) 
Sensitivity warning: if you're not comfortable, let me/the other admins know.

If you're not comfortable with something you read on the internet, close the **** tab you sensitive pricks.

My preferred pronoun of "their majesty" doesn't seem to have been utilised so far.

Edited by Davkaus

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I follow a local online group of techies, just to see if anything interesting pops up.

Today's most popular post:

If you're not comfortable with something you read on the internet, close the **** tab you sensitive pricks.

My preferred pronoun of "their majesty" doesn't seem to have been utilised so far.

They probably need an online 'safe space' to crawl into

People that write in capital letters but throw in a random lower case, usually the letter u. This irritates me. 

Mums that get commuter trains at the last minute hop on with their pushchairs and feel its their god given right to get on, regardless of the amount of room. 

The word Brexit. It was the bloody eu referendum, use a proper name and not some shitty coined expression. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

The word Brexit. It was the bloody eu referendum, use a proper name and not some shitty coined expression. 

Sounds like you've got your own Brexit-gate going on. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

got 3 tyres on my car that will need replacing before christmas, so guess which tyre i punctured this morning...

3rd time in 18 months, £200 a time :( 

*runs off to check wtf v4e drives*.

Are you still in the 500 Abarth?  That's mucho moolah for a single tyre.

nah i got rid of it, loved that car too but i needed something a bit more sensible, ive got a 4 series bmw, bloody run flats, somewhere between the tyre this month the rear brakes last month the tyres ive got before christmas and the front brakes ive got to replace and the fact that im currently 18 months in to the lease and 10k miles over what i should be its not looking like a good decision at the moment

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

nah i got rid of it, loved that car too but i needed something a bit more sensible, ive got a 4 series bmw, bloody run flats

1. the tyre this month
  2. the rear brakes last month
  3. the tyres ive got before christmas
  4. the front brakes ive got to replace
  5. the fact that im currently 18 months in to the lease and 10k miles over what i should be

its not looking like a good decision at the moment

Sorry, I had to bullet-point those for my own clarity :)  Why do you need to buy a runflat?  Can't you just go with a normal tyre and buy a foam kit if the car has no jack?

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

during the early days of it all my sister said I bet you hate that word, I do, I never use it, always eu referendum

Ah, but 'Brexit' only pertains to the leave result not the whole referendum itself.  [/pedant]

58 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

got 3 tyres on my car that will need replacing before christmas, so guess which tyre i punctured this morning...

3rd time in 18 months, £200 a time :( 

32 minutes ago, BOF said:

Sorry, I had to bullet-point those for my own clarity :)  Why do you need to buy a runflat?  Can't you just go with a normal tyre and buy a foam kit if the car has no jack?

you probably can but of course they say that the on board computer doesnt like it, think it would be £50 cheaper (sticking with bridgestone) would go for some chinese specials but a lad at work did it and doesnt recommend it

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

you probably can but of course they say that the on board computer doesnt like it, think it would be £50 cheaper (sticking with bridgestone) would go for some chinese specials but a lad at work did it and doesnt recommend it

Yep I'd never scrimp on tyres to that extent.  They're the only thing keeping you on the road afterall :)  Although at the same time I don't go up into the Michelin/Bridgestone realms either.  I find the middle ground to be full of perfectly decent rubber.

I used to go with Falken FK452s on my Ibiza cupra TDI. Gripped great but they would wear out after 7000 miles.

Got the original Michelin Energy on the hybrid. 25,000 miles so far and I've probably got another 5k left at least

1 hour ago, BOF said:

never scrimp on tyres

Tread carefully, in other words.

It's worth (in line with your advice really) using (say) blackcircles website to find tyres and then googling for reviews of those tyres on your model of car.

• Like 2

Â