Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

34 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

what if they are Tomatoes grown by a unscrupulous tomato farmer who exploits his workers ?

Well obviously I try and make sure they come from a nice european mixed race lgbt commune and not from stolen Duchy land 'owned' by a tax and benefits cheat. 

I suppose as long as they're imported but not from Israel then I presume they'll be fine.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

:puke:

I'm a bit of a weirdo in that I'll eat Tomato Soup , Pizza with a tomato base and Spag Bol  ...but stick a tomato on my plate and I'll run for the hills screaming  ...

I'm exactly the same and I have no idea why. Give me a tomato in its original form and I'm just not interested.

My stepson hates cheese, it makes him puke, but...he loves pizza. Work that one out.

Thankfully his strange eating (and other) habits have moved out.

• Like 1

I can understand not liking things, especially vegetables and the like, but my brother refuses to even try anything fishy because he once threw up at school having eaten fish fingers when he was about 5.  He's now 36 and hasn't eaten any sea food since that day.  He's missed out on so much delicious food and refuses to even try the tiniest bit.  Fair enough if he had some and thought it was shit, but to not even try it?  It's something that really pisses me off that shouldn't.

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I can understand not liking things, especially vegetables and the like, but my brother refuses to even try anything fishy because he once threw up at school having eaten fish fingers when he was about 5.  He's now 36 and hasn't eaten any sea food since that day.  He's missed out on so much delicious food and refuses to even try the tiniest bit.  Fair enough if he had some and thought it was shit, but to not even try it?  It's something that really pisses me off that shouldn't.

I have a friend with a similar thing, he got a bone in a fish finger about 15 years ago and has never eaten anything from the sea since, madness!

• Like 1

Just ate the last of the home grown tomatoes. Love the stuff in all of its forms. Think I am the least fussy eater going, will eat anything bar tuna. Tuna pisses me off. Regularly have come in ravenous from a night out and spied some left over tuna pasta bake for it to taste of ashes in my mouth. 

10 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Tuna pisses me off.

As an almost-apex predator it is also very high in levels of mercury too, so it's probably best not to eat it.

20 minutes ago, BOF said:

As an almost-apex predator it is also very high in levels of mercury too, so it's probably best not to eat it.

High is a relative term. High compared to what?

4 minutes ago, limpid said:

High is a relative term. High compared to what?

High compared to most other fish.  The higher you go up the food chain, you take on the contaminants of what you eat, and what IT eat etc.  It's one of the (many) arguments against eating shark for example.  I'm not saying you can't eat it.  Obviously.  There's a global industry in it.  I just don't bother eating it.

EDIT : I missed the bigeye in 5th place there too.

294baf1a3730d6bdf677416c1f80b149.png

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

High compared to most other fish.  The higher you go up the food chain, you take on the contaminants of what you eat, and what IT eat etc.  It's one of the (many) arguments against eating shark for example.  I'm not saying you can't eat it.  Obviously.  There's a global industry in it.  I just don't bother eating it.

That's only true because (most?) fish don't have a way to expunge mercury. It isn't a truism about food chains in general otherwise beef would taste of grass. IT mostly eat pizza and beer :) 

But is that a problem? Is it a high enough level that we need to be concerned about it in our diet? If it is, is it a problem if we eat it every day, or once a week? Is the mercury bonded to something which effectively renders it inert in our bodies? (Like the completely safe mercury in vaccines.) Are you making your judgement based on data and evidence or on what sounds right? Or so you just not like tuna?

That more people don't think like this pisses me off :mrgreen:

• Like 1

Went to the quick lodge machine in the bank to throw in a few cheques for the wife's business, the machine decided to keep returning the bank card so I waited on a Friday lunchtime for an hour to get to the teller and the dozy twonk went and put it into the personal account .....Wtf ....Have to wait 2-3 days to have the cheque returned then go into re-lodge it and wait another 3-5 "working days" for it to clear .......Bunch of words removed !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I wonder, do Facebook actually employ people to sift through posts looking for the unacceptable, or do they rely on puritan snitches?

I only ask as I was banned (again) this morning for 24 hours, as someone has reported one of my pictures...from FOUR years ago.

When I can post again, I'm hoping the snidey prick that complained will own up instead of being a coward.

I went back through six years of pictures and there are loads that are worse than the one I got pulled for. Might be time to shut down the account.

When you line up a DVd or blu Ray, get things prepped , looking forward to film and then get pre occupied with something, cooking, serving up, even having a crap, whatever and you've left it all as it was then you start to realise...

shit, this damned musical loop I have heard about 30 times now and it's driving me nuts

but you're tied up doing something aaaaand.... There it goes again! Dammit and you're thinking I could just press play and then pause, but that's too much effort and damn it's looped again

to the point you even know the exact second it will fade and restart, on repeat repeat, repeat and then by the time you sit down all stuff taken care of, it bloody well kicks in again but as an extended play while the credits roll

Â