Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

57 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

A bloke at work who doesn't believe we landed on the moon has shared a 'leaked' video on facebook showing that man has already walked on mars.

I had a colleague who was convinced  'The Martian' was based on a true story......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

A bloke at work who doesn't believe we landed on the moon has shared a 'leaked' video on facebook showing that man has already walked on mars.

There really is no helping some people.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

. . . and, in addition, all those rocket polishers walking round talking into earpieces, looking like schizophrenics. 

I hate it when I inadvertently turn in to one of them when I get a phone call whilst listening to music or a podcast.

Plus the call interrupts me playing Pokemon, which is annoying.

It's like "I'll be seeing you in 10 minutes anyway, mom, gee whizz".

59 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

When you're forced to stop at a roundabout because the clearing in the woods coming from your right didn't indicate they were going to turn off

I wouldn't trust them anyway. I've seen plenty of drivers indicate and then carry straight on. 

How can the National Lottery be allowed to piss away the money they do on the game show they have as part of the love draw?

I've had the misfortune of watching part of it the last 2 week. It's a crap game show but that's not the main problem, the prizes are tens of thousands of cash and a family reunion for 2 families spread across the world. Tonight they were due to be reunited in Thailand all expenses paid. On top of that they play for tens of thousands in cash. The part I watched tonight saw the family in the studio win the round with questions like "which city would you find the golden gate Bridge in," which soap would you see Grant Mitchell in" and, I kid you not, "how many sides does a rectangle have"...

Believe it or not they won round even though they said the bridge was in new York and the rectangle had 6 sides!!!

Who actually gives a shit anyway? Just draw the numbers for the people who bought a ticket then put a proper programme on.

• Like 1

£400 for the Lego Deathstar.

It's not like I'd buy one, but that's the same money as a console or laptop which have x times more development and exotic materials involved.

Disney and Lego ganging up to mug parents over the festive period.

The location of finish line for the 'Great Birmingham' half marathon. After showcasing south Brum's leafy suburbs via the Pershore Road, Bournville, Cannon Hill park and Edgbaston, the final focal point for UK viewers watching on TV was the grey Travelodge on Broad Street. I'm sure they could have modified part of the course to finish the race at Centenary Square, but no, the Council decided on the crappy Travelodge. Even the slightly better looking Novotel, immediately opposite, was masked by grey portacabins. Doh!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Xann said:

£400 for the Lego Deathstar.

It's not like I'd buy one, but that's the same money as a console or laptop which have x times more development and exotic materials involved.

Disney and Lego ganging up to mug parents over the festive period.

£400 for Lego? And people buy it? Without being under duress? Staggering!

14 minutes ago, Xela said:

£400 for Lego? And people buy it? Without being under duress? Staggering!

Lego is comparatively expensive, although the licenced stuff (literally a licence to print money in some cases) most of that is the cost of the licence itself. Hence the Death Star is £400. It's a large and complicated set so a lot of the price is design and materials, but then the Star Wars licence is stupidly expensive.

However, I do seem to remember reading recently that Lego was a better investment than gold. Popular sets that go out of print remain in demand and the price goes up. They released a version of the Millennium Falcon in 2008 I think that was about £300 at release, but now sells for over £2k. Even just the mini figures sell for daft money - people buy sets and part out the figures and can make money.

• Like 1

Â