Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

5 minutes ago, trekka said:

Another 1% pay rise for the year.  1%.

Already murmurings of a pay freeze at our place, but we'll see. 

The word removed on our floor at work who keeps breaking the toilet seats (no, its not me!)

I don't understand how. Is he twerking while bending out a bum biscuit? 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

The word removed on our floor at work who keeps breaking the toilet seats (no, its not me!)

The smart money is on @Paddywhack working at your place

If I'm just buying for me I have salt and vinegar. If it's for both me and the wife, not - she hates vinegar and only wants a small amount of salt, so we add our own at home to suit. 

Oh it's probably been done so many times in this thread, but here goes. 

People that don't indicate on roundabouts. It's just lazy.

It shouldnt piss me off because I drive as if everyone else on the road is a moron who doesn't indicate, so it's not dangerous to me. I've probably lost about 12.75 minutes of my life up to now on people who don't indicate at a roundabout and then take the first exit. 

I do get some revenge though, I say very horrible things about these people and they don't even know it. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Xela said:

This seems to be a thing in offices. I thought I'd largely left the toilet standard horror stories behind at one of my old jobs (to this day I'm bewildered by how someone managed to perfectly bifurcate the seat in trap 1, like they'd sawed through it). But nope, the new place has already given a return to shit streaks up the wall, piss on the seat, constant broken seats and diarrhoea not flushed. Basically I think office workers in Birmingham have a large contingent with significant issues.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Chindie said:

This seems to be a thing in offices. I thought I'd largely left the toilet standard horror stories behind at one of my old jobs (to this day I'm bewildered by how someone managed to perfectly bifurcate the seat in trap 1, like they'd sawed through it). But nope, the new place has already given a return to shit streaks up the wall, piss on the seat, constant broken seats and diarrhoea not flushed. Basically I think office workers in Birmingham have a large contingent with significant issues.

Experienced the bifurcated seat problem at home, the wife would "bounce" on the seat if she had a tough one to drop.

words were had.

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

If I'm just buying for me I have salt and vinegar. If it's for both me and the wife, not - she hates vinegar and only wants a small amount of salt, so we add our own at home to suit. 

Same here regarding the vinegar. Must be a women thing. Personally if I can't have salt and vinegar on my chips I wouldn't want to eat them. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Cocoa and spiced rum flavour crisps

Just minging and ruined my day  .... luckily I also purchased pigs in blanket flavour at the same time so the day may still be salvageable

On a similar vein,  I have been to quite a few beer festivals in recent years and you get these ridiculous flavors,  red hot Chilli beer,  curry beer,  all sorts of ridiculous things which are basically not anything which would compliment a good beer and are purely brewed for idiots to boast about the stupid beer they drunk. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

On 24/10/2016 at 12:47, sheepyvillian said:

CJ off the Eggheads . I just have this inexplicable hatred for the man and long may it continue .

Gutted he's not being extradited for murder. 

Edited by sidcow

1 hour ago, PompeyVillan said:

Oh it's probably been done so many times in this thread, but here goes. 

People that don't indicate on roundabouts. It's just lazy.

It shouldnt piss me off because I drive as if everyone else on the road is a moron who doesn't indicate, so it's not dangerous to me. I've probably lost about 12.75 minutes of my life up to now on people who don't indicate at a roundabout and then take the first exit. 

I do get some revenge though, I say very horrible things about these people and they don't even know it. 

Seconded. Where I live, driving stresses me the hell out. Complete lack of courtesy and the worst for me is people driving through chevrons and indicating in, that sort of thing, which might sound rare to you but daily here in any commute time. And people following in on reds that end up blocking your way when you have green to go and by the time they move slightly , bang, it's red 

I'm not some beat up no confidence pussy, but living and working where I do and the driving I have to do has zapped any joy I have in driving at all. Really depressing place and not just boy racers I'm talking everyone. Environment replicates behaviour and all. I could rant about this plenty but I'll leave it there. Arseholes. I sometimes wish my tank had homing missile launcher , I would need dozens of ammo per drive home. And one final one, lanes that are say two lane.... Left is say straight on and right is turn right only. Naturally a queue builds in the right lane as it has its own separate traffic light that takes longer to turn green... And ----- will plough all down the free flowing straight in lane and cut in at the last minute to turn right. Worst thing is I see this daily and it's usually mums with kids in the car! And they don't even indicate either. 

And don't even get me started on the arrogance of people parking to take kids to primary schools. Doesn't affect me where I live but the last place I lived was a private car park residents only and I'd come home daily to find people parked in my space. I'd leave notes, wait for them to have the conversation , never got me anywhere. But yeah I'll throw that one out there, primary school parking. 

I work in a hospital and quite often ambulances have to take a slight detour to avoid the regular through road due to cars being parked so badly there's not the width to get through (prim school next to hosp) and they don't give a sh.. Rant over

• Like 1

One final one. Charging stuff. 

I spend half my life charging phone, tablet, laptop, bloody shaver , sound links whatever. 

A hundred years of electronics and here I am having to charge crap up twice a day in most cases often having to take plugs with me to work, to meetings, to mates houses looking some electricity freeloader. Surely after all these years of mobiles regardless of function usage increasing, they can provide better batteries that last longer, you'd think. 

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Incredibly common at my old office that shipped in a bunch of IT people from India. They had to put up signs telling people to stop standing on the toilet ffs

Â