Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Traffic in Brum for me tonight wasn't too bad, leaving at 6:30pm. I wouldn't leave at 5pm though - total carnage!

Plus there seems to be far too many 'broken down' cars in the main tunnels out of town. Its like the council plant them there... that's one for the conspiracy thread!

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Well presumably, there WAS a reason. It's just that you don't know what it was. 

Seriously though, Leeds is the same. I'm starting to find the traffic situation unbearable. 

It's not just Cardiff then. Unbearable is the right word. It's getting to the point where I dread leaving work because of the inevitable shitshow of getting home. Gridlock and awful drivers everywhere.

Edited by JB

Dozy moo earlier who was trying to pay for the car park with a new plastic fiver. The machine wasn't so new so it kept rejecting the note.  She must have tried about half a dozen times before digging into her bag to get some more money.  

15 hours ago, darrenm said:

Heading towards total gridlock. More people should just get on a bike. Unfortunately they get scared off by murderous drivers.

I've been doing my part train part bike journey for nearly 4 weeks now and enjoying it, i'm getting up the hill I have to go up to work quicker too, its not any easier but it is quicker. The weather has been pretty friendly to me so far though, will see if i'm enjoying it when that changes.

I'm only in town and city centres for a short bit and the roads aren't too bad, i'm not sure i'd enjoy it so much in the centre of Birmingham.

Not had too many issues with drivers so far, apart from one dick in a transit the other day who over took me as i was passing a parked car on a narrow road in a village. It was in a 30 and I was probably doing best part of 30mph myself and it was clear after the car so not sure why he felt the urge to do it then.

85% Christmas bonus for those on the dole over here ....I appreciate it all feeds back into the system and it "helps" some familys to buy gifts for kids etc .....but I dont see the government saying were not going to tax your wages Christmas week ......

• Like 1

OK, this doesn't qualify for "but shouldn't", but I just saw this on FB from the partner of an old friend of mine. They live in south Birmingham (not sure of the exact district): 

This is a much abbreviated story - whole thing lasted c30-40 minutes.
On Sunday we were gardening most of the afternoon and due to be at friends for 5.30. I had come in to start getting ready and Lesley was still in garden. A gang of 6-7 youths set about the elderly man next door throwing logs and stones at his car and when he shouted at them to stop, they attacked him with the sticks - they were more like logs and tree trunks. Lesley ran to intervene and after I threw some clothes back on, ran out too.  I took some photos on my phone which they saw and then decided to target us. They have threatened to come and smash our windows, burn the house down and a pile of other stuff that would even make Donald Trump blush!
They threw things at Lesley and fortunately I saw a log aimed at her and shouted at her to move just in time. Then they kicked in our back gate and ran into the garden  towards Lesley. Fortunately the police arrived just in time and they ran off. From their language, this was most definitely a racist attack, our neighbour is Sikh. 

The gang consisted of teenagers, mostly older age range, but one was as young as 10. 

Our neighbour is badly bruised, but more upset at the language that they used and things they said. Lesley is upset and shaken and we are now getting more security for our house. The police were marvellous once they arrived.

I am certain that Brexit has contributed to the rise in racism and such attacks. It has given permission to such people that their views are now acceptable. I will be demanding that politicians must speak out and do more about this. This has to stop.

That's sickening to read. These scumbags think they're hard in their packs yet encounter one alone and they're just another kid. I'm not sure Brexit accelerated it or not as these things are always close to the boil in some areas with some people just outright racist and have no regard for politics or political fallout. Maybe it has , I wouldn't know. 

I hope your friends are ok and encounter no afters. To do the right thing and get caught up as a target afterward takes the piss. To throw logs at a woman takes the piss and of course what they did to Mr Sikh, this poor guys probably living in fear due to those feral shits. I hope they get a karma vengeance on themselves real soon. 

• Like 1

On 10/10/2016 at 19:15, darrenm said:

Heading towards total gridlock. More people should just get on a bike. Unfortunately they get scared off by murderous drivers.

They probably also get scared by the tooth fairy and the Easter bunny 

Firstly any attack on a person is sickening

but seriously this Brexit fixation is as bad as the Britain first numpties posting share if you agree at every single isolated incidence where some Muslim punches someone or breaks the law

this country and it's people are still a tolerant bunch don't let Facebook or Twitter  tell you otherwise 

37 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The difference however would be that there are figures showing a remarkable correlation between Brexit and racist/xenophobic and even homophobic incidents.

Correlation does not imply causation of course, but it seems likely the Brexit campaign and result emboldened the words removed who think this utter horse shit to act on it.

I agree. Of course, my friend and her partner are pro-remain, Labour supporting, feminist lesbians, which obviously proves Tony's point. 

:(

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

They probably also get scared by the tooth fairy and the Easter bunny 

I know you're joking but you're making light of a real problem. Someone dies almost every day on a bike in London from being crushed by a motor vehicle. Real people are increasingly being killed by negligent drivers. It's really dangerous to ride a bike on a road and it's getting worse. 

5 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I know you're joking but you're making light of a real problem. Someone dies almost every day on a bike in London from being crushed by a motor vehicle. Real people are increasingly being killed by negligent drivers. It's really dangerous to ride a bike on a road and it's getting worse. 

I used to drive in London daily , I'd say there are as many negligent bike riders as car drivers 

Doesnt excuse either of course but I don't think it equates to "murderous " either 

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

I used to drive in London daily , I'd say there are as many negligent bike riders as car drivers 

Doesnt excuse either of course but I don't think it equates to "murderous " either 

Didnt expect much better. No offence.

So did I. Doesn't qualify you any better to say what's going on out there.

What possible damage could a negligent bike rider do to a person in a 2 ton box?

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

The difference however would be that there are figures showing a remarkable correlation between Brexit and racist/xenophobic and even homophobic incidents.

Correlation does not imply causation of course, but it seems likely the Brexit campaign and result emboldened the words removed who think this utter horse shit to act on it.

A rise in these events or a rise in reports of it ?

my friends and I were drinking a few years back in a bar in Krakow where we had the misfortune to meet a gang of Polish Nazi's who didn't like the fact that we were English rocket polishers ( their words not ours  !! ) did anyone see fit to write a Facebook post about it , did a polish newspaper see fit to write about it to show the rise of Nazi's in Poland ??

it's the **** idiot on the junction of Cathedral Road and Sophia Gardens that regularly cuts up traffic and goes through a red most mornings - he has a child in a buggy seat in the back

one morning he decided to undertake me as I was turning and then tried to get all high and mighty about nearly getting hit, we agreed to differ and he hasn't done it to me since

there are bad and inconsiderate drivers out there there are also moral high ground pillocks trying to commit suicide by car so they can say they told us so,

people need to calm their driving and bike riders need to get the saddle from a yard up their arses

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Didnt expect much better. No offence.

So did I. Doesn't qualify you any better to say what's going on out there.

What possible damage could a negligent bike rider do to a person in a 2 ton box?

So when lights turn red and cyclists ride through them it's the drivers fault ? When they come up the inside of vehicles turning left it's the vehicles fault ?

it happens and it happens a lot ... that's what I mean by negligent cyclists ..that they come second as a result doesn't make the vehicle driver murderous....  if they deliberalty ran down a cyclist that would be murderous , I don't think that is happening , do you ?

• Like 1

Â