Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

So when lights turn red and cyclists ride through them it's the drivers fault ? When they come up the inside of vehicles turning left it's the vehicles fault ?

it happens and it happens a lot ... that's what I mean by negligent cyclists ..that they come second as a result doesn't make the vehicle driver murderous....  if they deliberalty ran down a cyclist that would be murderous , I don't think that is happening , do you ?

If you all just drove on the correct side of the road, none of that would be a problem

:ph34r:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

A rise in these events or a rise in reports of it ?

my friends and I were drinking a few years back in a bar in Krakow where we had the misfortune to meet a gang of Polish Nazi's who didn't like the fact that we were English rocket polishers ( their words not ours  !! ) did anyone see fit to write a Facebook post about it , did a polish newspaper see fit to write about it to show the rise of Nazi's in Poland ??

A rise in reports I'd assume.

I don't think that changes much. Brexit changed opinions and actions. Either the situation had encouraged the scum to rise, or there's a greater feeling of needing to report a problem these people had encountered before - vulnerability, awareness?. Likely a combination of both. Brexit is still the influence.

Are Polish Neo-Nazis being unpleasant to tourists a big deal in Poland? Are they somewhat thematically linked to a major event in Poland at that time? Has there been a strong theme in Polish Neo-Nazi unpleasantness of a particular recent event, as dozens of British Asians reported being told 'we won now **** off home' (or are all these people lying?) pose referendum?.If not, I'm not sure there's an equivalence there much beyond the surface. 

• Like 3

TBH, the Brexit comment in that post is neither here nor there - the lady was upset and emotional. It's not the likelihood or otherwise of it being Brexit-related that I wanted to highlight. Tony has a point that this sort of thing has been happening for ages - which is what makes me so angry. It brings it home when it happens to somebody you know. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, darrenm said:

I know you're joking but you're making light of a real problem. Someone dies almost every day on a bike in London from being crushed by a motor vehicle. Real people are increasingly being killed by negligent drivers. It's really dangerous to ride a bike on a road and it's getting worse. 

Woah there. Not true.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-33002701

London cyclist deaths

2010: 10 deaths

2011: 16 deaths

2012: 14 deaths

2013: 14 deaths

2014: 13 deaths

Source: TfL

Edited by Seat68
edited for unintentional stropiness
  • Like 1

My ex girlfriend got punched in the face at the weekend because she was dressed up as a punk to go to a club night down in Brighton.  She was with two female friends and got set upon by a group of at least a dozen blokes.  Sickens me when I hear of stuff like this and Mooney's experience, some people are just words removed, hopefully they get theirs one day.

11 hours ago, Chindie said:

A rise in reports I'd assume.

I don't think that changes much. Brexit changed opinions and actions. 

Are Polish Neo-Nazis being unpleasant to tourists a big deal in Poland? Are they somewhat thematically linked to a major event in Poland at that time? Has there been a strong theme in Polish Neo-Nazi unpleasantness of a particular recent event, as dozens of British Asians reported being told 'we won now **** off home' (or are all these people lying?) pose referendum?.If not, I'm not sure there's an equivalence there much beyond the surface. 

I went with Czech work mate to Southampton for the europa lge match as he is a big sparta Prague fan. We stood in the away end. Whenever their no.26 touched the ball he got roundly booed and heckled by the sparta fans. My mate explained it wasn't cos he was crap, but because he was black ! A zimbabwean called Costa. True enough during the game I saw more than the occasional nazi salute in full view of the police who did f all. Plenty of skinheads there who you just knew were part of it....plenty of mullet haircuts too :o

My mate was really embarrassed about it all and admitted it's standard behaviour at footy games in Czech Republic. 

Edited by mottaloo
Spelling error

11 hours ago, Chindie said:

Are Polish Neo-Nazis being unpleasant to tourists a big deal in Poland? 

Nope.

Generally pretty friendly. Unpleasantness comes from non-whiteness if anything.

Edited by StefanAVFC

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

The Bruce thread. I must learn to stay away from on-topic. :angry:

Often all it takes me is a quick skim down the latest page to check for the avatars of a couple of  posters to realise that there's no point getting involved.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

So turn it off. Always the first thing I do with a new phone, kill autocorrect and predictive text. 

I turn off vibrating keys during typing.  Who TF wants every key to vibrate?

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Nope.

Generally pretty friendly.

I agree , See my trip report to Sopot 

The Krakow incident was really more to highlight that "idiots " can blight any community if isolated instances are the only ones being reported

Up  in the big slurry pit of Dublin again and just noticing all of the cyclists without helmets, not a care given. I cycle quite a bit in the stix not a hope would I venture out on the roads without a helmet. Had to look up if it was one of those offenses the cops can give a fine for ......nope ...MADNESS I TELL YA 

Edited by Meath_Villan
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Meath_Villan said:

Up  in the big slurry pit of Dublin again and just noticing all of the cyclists without helmets, not a care given. I cycle quite a bit in the stix not a hope would I venture out on the roads without a helmet. Had to look up if it was one of those offenses the cops can give a fine for ......nope ...MADNESS I TELL YA 

Natural selection.  Then they give good healthy organs to the hospitals :thumb:  I doff my helmet to the helmetless cyclists.  Heroes each and every one.  Keep on keepin' on guys.  Break them lights.  Undertake cars turning left to beat the band.  The beauty is it's all their own doing so they can't blame anyone else as is their wont.  My conscience is clear *shrug*

• Like 1

On the one hand you have the absurd spectacle of kids wearing crash helmets to ride their scooters in the park - which is, frankly, ridiculous. But on the other hand... 

One day last week I was driving in the early morning rush hour. It was not yet fully light - and there was substantial fog. The traffic was crazy, as usual. Out of the murk comes a bloke on a push bike. A toddler on a seat behind him. A baby on a seat on the crossbar. None of them wearing helmets. No lights. 

• Like 1

Â