Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

People who can't let incoming phonecalls go.

They'll miss a call from an unknown number and then ring it back and ask who it is and why they were phoning.

Just leave it. If it's important they'll leave a message, or ring you back. Don't go calling random numbers back!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, sidcow said:

I have a tale to tell. 

I have no recollection why but in the late 80's when I was about 18/19 me and my mate found ourselves in The Great Oak in Selly Oak one midweek late afternoon.  This was before Wetherspoons remember so the only other people in the pub were rough looking borderline alcoholic residents who pretty much gave us the evil stares from the moment we walked through the door. 

My mate decides he wants some music on the jukebox so goes over and sticks a quid in for 10 selections. His first song comes on and I am stunned to hear Nothings Going To Change My Love For You by Glen Mederios blaring over the speakers. Cue even more evil eyes and mutterings about the gay boys from the regulars whilst my mate visibly red of face has to stand at the jukebox of shame making his further 9 selections. 

When he gets back I give him the what the **** was that all about. He surmises he must has put the wrong number in the box. . 

I can't remember now what it was he actually wanted to listen to but he was pissed off he didn't hear it so when his selections had finished he went back up with another quid determined to put the right number in this time....... As he is stood there with another 9 selections to make on comes Nothings Going To Change My Love For You,  it was labeled with the wrong number. . I nearly died and probably could have as the atmosphere in the room was palable.  We made a swift exit! 

Brilliant :crylaugh:  I can imagine the colour his face turned as the regulars looked around ... and then a second time :D

Week from hell here.  A proper cold, a chest infection, a hyper-pulsating molar followed by stage 1 of a root canal.  First ever trip to dentist and first ever antibiotics.  Almost forgot what not being in pain felt like.  And now I can't drink think weekend because of one of the antibiotics.  Fan-fugu-tastic.

I have a good story.

When I was young, I used to live on the back of Woodgate Valley Country Farm.  Basically, my mom and dads garden, finished, and Woodgate started.  It's a typical sub-urban country park.  It runs adjacent with J3 of the M5.  Anyway, as a kid my dad used to cut the grass immediately outside the back of our garden and turned it into a 7 a side football pitch.  We had proper wooden goals with nets and everything.  we used to play most nights, as long as we could see.

One of the times we went to play, there was a dog whose owner lived a few doors down from us, but used the gate in the back of his garden to get onto our pitch.  I hated that dog, he was a right shit, but like all dog owners say "He won't bite, he's just playing" whilst the little shit was tearing after us (ball or no ball), barking, bleeding from the eyes with hate etc etc.  He has nothing to do with this story, so don't worry about that.

Anyway, Villa Park in 1990-something it was.  Can't remember who we were playing, but it might have been Leeds, me and my football team all had tickets to the game, and for many of the lads, it was their first game ever - so that was a pretty big deal.  Before the game (for those that don't know), you can get the players' autographs - but we didn't do that because there were too many of us, and it wouldn't have been fair on the players.  But that has nothing to do with this story, so again, please don't worry.

So my family had regular parties on Xmas eve around either nans house, or my uncles house.  One thing all of them had in common, was pork baps.  With stuffing, apple sauce and so much crackling I'll be suing them both (nans dead) for when my inevitable heart by-pass comes around.  So yea, I was about 5 at the time, and my cousin is slightly older and female.  We used to go upstairs to the spare room and watch Disney's "Fantasia", which she absolutely loved, but apart from the train bit, I hated.  However, as with previous occasions this doesn't have anything to do with this story.

Ok, the story which is really funny and that is pretty good goes as follows;

I wanted to buy a sandwich today, but I forgot my wallet.. SO I COUDLN'T BUY a sandwich!!

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

These are the kind of things that piss me off... STOP IT.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

Not that I want to be giving out medical advice, but isn't that myth about drinking on antibiotics?

You've been mistaking medical instructions with PieFace's posts on Villatalk again, haven't you? :lol:

9 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I have a good story.

When I was young, I used to live on the back of Woodgate Valley Country Farm.  Basically, my mom and dads garden, finished, and Woodgate started.  It's a typical sub-urban country park.  It runs adjacent with J3 of the M5.  Anyway, as a kid my dad used to cut the grass immediately outside the back of our garden and turned it into a 7 a side football pitch.  We had proper wooden goals with nets and everything.  we used to play most nights, as long as we could see.

One of the times we went to play, there was a dog whose owner lived a few doors down from us, but used the gate in the back of his garden to get onto our pitch.  I hated that dog, he was a right shit, but like all dog owners say "He won't bite, he's just playing" whilst the little shit was tearing after us (ball or no ball), barking, bleeding from the eyes with hate etc etc.  He has nothing to do with this story, so don't worry about that.

Anyway, Villa Park in 1990-something it was.  Can't remember who we were playing, but it might have been Leeds, me and my football team all had tickets to the game, and for many of the lads, it was their first game ever - so that was a pretty big deal.  Before the game (for those that don't know), you can get the players' autographs - but we didn't do that because there were too many of us, and it wouldn't have been fair on the players.  But that has nothing to do with this story, so again, please don't worry.

So my family had regular parties on Xmas eve around either nans house, or my uncles house.  One thing all of them had in common, was pork baps.  With stuffing, apple sauce and so much crackling I'll be suing them both (nans dead) for when my inevitable heart by-pass comes around.  So yea, I was about 5 at the time, and my cousin is slightly older and female.  We used to go upstairs to the spare room and watch Disney's "Fantasia", which she absolutely loved, but apart from the train bit, I hated.  However, as with previous occasions this doesn't have anything to do with this story.

I wanted to buy a sandwich today, but I forgot my wallet.. SO I COUDLN'T BUY a sandwich!!

Ronnie Corbett is crying in heaven.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Not that I want to be giving out medical advice, but isn't that myth about drinking on antibiotics?

The anaesthetist when I was having my buggered finger mended a couple of Christmases ago said it's fine to drink on antibiotics, which surprised me.

22 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I have a good story.

You've stole a sandwich?

3 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Oh thanks for telling me that just before the three day weekend, three days I'll have this on my conscience 

You're the one with a 7 million pound TV sat in your dining room (for me I hope!!) :D

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

For some yes.  Not for the ones that; in uppercase; have written underneath them "NO ALCOHOL" on the prescription and then an emphasis by the pharamacist to absolutely not drink on this one "or you'll vomit everywhere".

Metronidazole from wiki

Consuming alcohol while taking metronidazole has long been thought to have a disulfiram-like reaction with effects that can include nausea, vomiting, flushing of the skin, tachycardia, and shortness of breath. Consumption of alcohol is typically advised against by patients during systemic metronidazole therapy and for at least 48 hours after completion of treatment.However, some studies call into question the mechanism of the interaction of alcohol and metronidazole, and a possible central toxic serotonin reaction for the alcohol intolerance is suggested. Metronidazole is also generally thought to inhibit the liver metabolism of propylene glycol (found in some foods, medicines, and in many electronic cigarette e-liquids), thus propylene glycol may potentially have similar interaction effects with metronidazole.

I'm not sure if I'm valid in this pissing me off or not...

I live on a busy main road. It's the kind of road that is consistently busy from 7am to 11pm every day and at night you'l regularly hear someone doing triple the speed limit fly past. I also have a drive way, so off road parking. You can easily reverse on to the drive pulling up in front of the house and reversing round the corner onto the drive and not need to worry about traffic.

However that relies on the road directly in front of my house having just enough space to reverse from. Otherwise the options are dodging traffic to pull out onto the other lane and trying to quickly reverse in, which is a nightmare due to the traffic, drive on forwards and then have a nightmare manoeuvre trying to do a 3 point turn around the house, or alternatively reverse onto the main road next time I leave which is asking for running down a pedestrian or getting smashed by someone nipping into the lane as visibility isn't great (besides which reversing onto a main road is a no no generally anyway).

Unfortunately lately my neighbour has started parking their car directly outside my house. So the good option is impossible. My neighbour has space to park on his front garden, but uses this as an open air workshop. He also has a work vehicle, which he parks in front of his house. They park the car behind that, with a big gap, in front of my house. I know they can park it on their land as they've done it before. But they don't. They also only use the car about once a week so it sits there being annoying 99% of the time

Which **** me off. It also irritates the neighbour on the other side of me who basically has the same issue.

Tl;dr - my neighbour makes getting on my drive a nightmare but isn't doing anything strictly wrong , just inconsiderate.

Â