Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

You wouldn't like our bog, then.

IMG_20160526_180543.JPG

That looks like the Brain of Britain green room for nervous contestants.

Question is - what will bring those shelves down - a tremor from Yorkshire fracking or a curious Mooney minor on the mooch?

Personally I think, if its the latter, it would be way too much information at once. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, villa4europe said:

National day? Chip shop Wednesday every week in my house...

Saturday every week here. This should be in the things that make you happy thread though 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I'm away for the weekend so I'll be missing the England game, the Champions league final, the playoff finals, the Monaco GP and the new series of Top Gear :-/

You jammy bugger missing that lot. Can I come? 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

That looks like the Brain of Britain green room for nervous contestants.

Question is - what will bring those shelves down - a tremor from Yorkshire fracking or a curious Mooney minor on the mooch?

Personally I think, if its the latter, it would be way too much information at once. 

That's only half of it. This is the view FROM the throne: 

IMG_20160526_225428.JPG

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Genie said:

Fancied some crisps so went to the vending machine. Keyed in the code 64 for the ham and mustard... got a dark chocolate bounty. Turns out 64 was the price.

I have a tale to tell. 

I have no recollection why but in the late 80's when I was about 18/19 me and my mate found ourselves in The Great Oak in Selly Oak one midweek late afternoon.  This was before Wetherspoons remember so the only other people in the pub were rough looking borderline alcoholic residents who pretty much gave us the evil stares from the moment we walked through the door. 

My mate decides he wants some music on the jukebox so goes over and sticks a quid in for 10 selections. His first song comes on and I am stunned to hear Nothings Going To Change My Love For You by Glen Mederios blaring over the speakers. Cue even more evil eyes and mutterings about the gay boys from the regulars whilst my mate visibly red of face has to stand at the jukebox of shame making his further 9 selections. 

When he gets back I give him the what the **** was that all about. He surmises he must has put the wrong number in the box. . 

I can't remember now what it was he actually wanted to listen to but he was pissed off he didn't hear it so when his selections had finished he went back up with another quid determined to put the right number in this time....... As he is stood there with another 9 selections to make on comes Nothings Going To Change My Love For You,  it was labeled with the wrong number. . I nearly died and probably could have as the atmosphere in the room was palable.  We made a swift exit! 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Genie said:

I'm away for the weekend so I'll be missing the England game, the Champions league final, the playoff finals, the Monaco GP and the new series of Top Gear :-/

wrong thread surely?

On 5/26/2016 at 00:47, AVFC_Hitz said:

Most of us who live abroad will be familiar with the BBC News channel. I really hate country advertisements, usually with a woman singing 'incredible iiin di aaa' or 'magnificent Malaysiaaa'

Then there's Aaron Hesselhurst who shouts at you about the economy...and Stephen Sakur doing HardTalk.

I think I should start watching Euronews or Soongebob Square pants on comedy central.

Loved 'Malaysia Truly Asia', what a tune. 

Aaron Hesselhurst is a tit though. He barely remembers to dial it down even when something serious has happened. I remember him gurning through some a bombing in Jakarta or something last time I was in Asia, just like he was at an open mic night at the Comedy Store. 

14 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I don't understand how people spend ages in the toilet. In and out in three minutes tops.

If there's a place I don't want to hang about reading the news or playing a game, it's a room that everybody shits in.

It's the one moment I can get some **** peace and quiet. 

I'm writing this on the bog actually. 

5 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Going on holiday. Cat is wise and pissed off so we cant go till he comes back to take him to the cattery. Hour late up to now. 

We used to have to lock ours in before we got the suitcases out, for that very reason.

Â