Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Anyone know if I can get compensation for a just under 4 hour delay to my flight?

I think that maybe because the French were on strike then it falls outside of the fairly recent EU directive on compensating people for >3 hour delays...

anyone have any experience of this?

I recently flew with Ryanair and was delayed an hour outbound and 2 hours inbound, is it worth pursuing or does it now have to be over 3 hours?

Coincidences,  I love them and hate them at the same time.

My daughter lives in Australia and she is engaged to a right good Aussie bloke who is 29.

Last Autumn his younger brother (24) was riding his motorbike with a mate on the back.  Loses it and comes off,  both dead.

Fast forward 6 months,  his 1st cousin (20 ish) on motorbike,  loses it,  hits tree,  dead. 

I don't know anyone who died but my Daughter and the Aussie are obviously gutted.  What are the chances though and why the f**k would you continue riding a motorbike when your cousin and his mate are dead from one.  I understand the attraction but if you are from a family for e.g where you all love motorbikes,  at what point in you life do you give them up,  just before you are sitting at a dinner table on your own or when there are a few of you left ?

I will never let my granddaughter ride one,  she is 3 now but this is one of the things that (genuinely) gives me nightmares.  I have a bank account for her and there will be more than enough to buy a new car  for her when she is car / bike riding age.  only I can get the money out as well :-)

38 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

My daughter lives in Australia and she is engaged to a right good Aussie bloke who is 29.

Last Autumn his younger brother (24) was riding his motorbike with a mate on the back.  Loses it and comes off,  both dead.

Fast forward 6 months,  his 1st cousin (20 ish) on motorbike,  loses it,  hits tree,  dead. 

I don't know anyone who died but my Daughter and the Aussie are obviously gutted.  What are the chances though and why the f**k would you continue riding a motorbike when your cousin and his mate are dead from one.  I understand the attraction but if you are from a family for e.g where you all love motorbikes,  at what point in you life do you give them up,  just before you are sitting at a dinner table on your own or when there are a few of you left ?

I will never let my granddaughter ride one,  she is 3 now but this is one of the things that (genuinely) gives me nightmares.  I have a bank account for her and there will be more than enough to buy a new car  for her when she is car / bike riding age.  only I can get the money out as well :-)

I would never ride a motorbike, but not because I don't trust myself, no it's because I don't trust other road users.  You only have to be unlucky once, and there are a huge amount of atrocious, inconsiderate, incompetent drivers out there.  I think too much.  Bikers must somehow block all that out, otherwise they'd surely never get on a bike.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BOF said:

I would never ride a motorbike, but not because I don't trust myself, no it's because I don't trust other road users.  You only have to be unlucky once, and there are a huge amount of atrocious, inconsiderate, incompetent drivers out there.  I think too much.  Bikers must somehow block all that out, otherwise they'd surely never get on a bike.

It must be a block it out thing as you say,  I get scared for them if that makes sense.  My old man was hit on his and he has quite a lot of metal and screws in his leg 50 years later just becasue of someone turning right and not looking.  

Just now, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

It must be a block it out thing as you say,  I get scared for them if that makes sense.  My old man was hit on his and he has quite a lot of metal and screws in his leg 50 years later just becasue of someone turning right and not looking.  

I am thankful to our bikers though.  People need organs and body parts all the time :thumb:

2 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

I recently flew with Ryanair and was delayed an hour outbound and 2 hours inbound, is it worth pursuing or does it now have to be over 3 hours?

To answer your question, it needs to be more than 3 hours to be eligible for compensation.

To answer my own question, strike action is deemed exceptional circumstances (like freak weather) and deemed outside of the boundaries of the recent agreements on compensation.

9 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I kinda don't get this ... What about all the non coincidences where people don't die in bike accidents ......

And then you don't let your grand daughter have a bike , but get  her a car instead and then she dies in a car accident instead ( I obviously don't mean any Ill thought here , its just an example where one is required  )

i know I'm quite blahzay on the whole death thing and I have every sympathy with people that lose a loved one , but I just find this kinda irrational ( sorry and no offence intended )

7 hours ago, Genie said:

To answer your question, it needs to be more than 3 hours to be eligible for compensation.

To answer my own question, strike action is deemed exceptional circumstances (like freak weather) and deemed outside of the boundaries of the recent agreements on compensation.

Write to the airline anyway , I've had more avois Airmiles than I can remember due to writing frivolous letters to BA when I probably didn't have any real claim .... You have to do the old I love your airline and appreciate it wasn't your fault and xxx in the cabin crew was really helpful and then hit them with the But... I had to pay extra for a taxi that was waiting for me or  missed my anniversary dinner  etc etc ... The my tend to write back and say whilst it wasn't our fault and you aren't entitled to anything as a goodwill gesture here is xxxx ...  Helps of course if you fly with that airline a lot 

Ryanair are the only airline I've never got a positive response from and why I won't fly them ... That'll learn them :)

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Write to the airline anyway , I've had more avois Airmiles than I can remember due to writing frivolous letters to BA when I probably didn't have any real claim .... You have to do the old I love your airline and appreciate it wasn't your fault and xxx in the cabin crew was really helpful and then hit them with the But... I had to pay extra for a taxi that was waiting for me or  missed my anniversary dinner  etc etc ... The my tend to write back and say whilst it wasn't our fault and you aren't entitled to anything as a goodwill gesture here is xxxx ...  Helps of course if you fly with that airline a lot 

Ryanair are the only airline I've never got a positive response from and why I won't fly them ... That'll learn them :)

Cheers Tony, however, it was Ryanair :D. To be fair, they were pretty good. When we got back on they said that we'd probably have a 1 hour wait until we could push back but wanted everyone on board just in case they got an earlier slot.

They invited all the children to go see the cockpit whilst waiting which was pretty good. They did a drink/snack service too but had to pay.

I had never used ryanair until last year and to be fair can't complain. All the tour operators have had a race to the bottom in terms of service they offer and Ryanair are as good or better than the likes of Thomson / Thomas Cook but a fraction of the cost.

Our recent holiday was £1800 as a package with Thomson. We called Thomson and asked if we could book the hotel on its own, they said yes, £800. Got perfect times flights with Ryanair for £275 and return taxi transfer for £115. All in all over £600 saved, better flight times and better transfer.

Edited by Genie

The people in the apartment below me have a dog. They leave him at home all day. And he barks constantly. They're out for the night tonight I'm guessing and the dog is barking and howling worse than ever. He's totally miserable. Any ideas? I was considering sticking a note on their door, or in the lift. Don't want to be too aggressive about it, but it's very cruel. And annoying.

Just spent about an hour putting together spaghetti and "meat"balls. Got my balls (and yeah, I giggled every time the recipe mentioned balls) put together, cooked the sauce from scratch, just about to put everything together, and I forgot to buy the motherfucking spaghetti.

Penne and meatballs. That shit just isn't the **** same.

Some of sickening comments on twitter that were written about Jamie Vardy's 5 year old daughter. Some people are utter pieces of shit who really should be publicly shamed for the things they wrote.

• Like 1

Â