Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Slippers... Slippers ... What are you ? Ghey or something 

Up until a year ago I was of the same opinion regarding slippers. 

But wearing them, you get less sock fluff distributed on carpets, are less likely to slip when walking on smooth surfaces and feet are warmer in the winter.

Probably more hygienic than walking round in bare feet too (although that's based purely on my sweaty feet).

3 hours ago, choffer said:

I have no problem taking my shoes off if I arrive at someone's house where it's clearly what they do. By the same token, I won't take them off if it looks like they're not fussed.

Where I do draw the line though is those mental families who all wear slippers and who have special guest slippers too. I know at least two families like that and I always decline any invitations there.

Guest slippers? WTF :lol:

30 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

Being force-fed women's sports. Nobody is interested in it FFS...most women who like football or cricket will watch the men's game.

Women's tennis I don't mind, nearly everything else....not interested.

There's a storm brewing with the tennis stuff and now the U.S. Women's team kicking off, saw the woman's cricket highlights earlier on SSN, makes sense to me what they've done, put the game on before the men's hoping fans turn up early...they don't... Fair play to the yank women if they can prove that they earn the yank FA more cash than the men, they'd be an anomaly though, I can't think of a single sport in the world where the women's game is more popular that the men's

Another thing, until I saw Andy Murray moaning in the week I didn't know they played with different tennis balls, women's tennis balls are softer

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

There's a storm brewing with the tennis stuff and now the U.S. Women's team kicking off, saw the woman's cricket highlights earlier on SSN, makes sense to me what they've done, put the game on before the men's hoping fans turn up early...they don't... Fair play to the yank women if they can prove that they earn the yank FA more cash than the men, they'd be an anomaly though, I can't think of a single sport in the world where the women's game is more popular that the men's

Another thing, until I saw Andy Murray moaning in the week I didn't know they played with different tennis balls, women's tennis balls are softer

The WTA really seem to be kicking off about equal pay at the moment. I really don't see their argument if i'm honest. Less hours on court, fewer sets in the grand slams, less spectators at the venues, less fans watching at home, less money from sponsors coming into the game....the list is endless really so i'm not sure why they think they deserve equal pay.

I think Djokovic basically said as much last week but had to U-turn when everyone came down on him for daring to speak the truth.

Edited by AVFCDAN
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Serena Vs Murray in a tennis match ........serena wins .......then wwwwwwwhhhhhaps her 10lb dong out 

• Like 2

I don't know enough tennis to really get in to it, is it separate sponsors for the men and the women or is that too easy? The men's game generates more cash = men get paid more, or is that sexist?

Like i said I think the women's football stuff is going to be a USA anomaly but to suggest that the English women get paid the same £10k match fee + tournament bonus as the men is laughable

22 hours ago, Seat68 said:

We tend to feature a lot in Private eye these days. Councillors being directors of development companies etc. I'd like to think come the next local elections they will get their commupance. 

They sometimes do, but they are replaced by people who eventually fall to the temptation as well. Very few idealists in governance. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

The WTA really seem to be kicking off about equal pay at the moment. I really don't see their argument if i'm honest. Less hours on court, fewer sets in the grand slams, less spectators at the venues, less fans watching at home, less money from sponsors coming into the game....the list is endless really so i'm not sure why they think they deserve equal pay.

I think Djokovic basically said as much last week but had to U-turn when everyone came down on him for daring to speak the truth.

In a lot of circumstances equality really isn't desirable, rather it should be a matter of equity. In this case women should be getting an equitable share of the pie, not an equal one. 

11 hours ago, supernova26 said:

Being force-fed women's sports. Nobody is interested in it FFS...most women who like football or cricket will watch the men's game.

It's good that it's getting more popular, but what annoys me is when I'm on the BBC Sport website and there's a caption that reads 'Man City defeat Liverpool to move top of the table!' or something but there's no distinction as to whether it's the mens or the womens teams.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Genie said:

Just had to get back off the plane as we've lost our slot, expect 2 more hours

Anyone know if I can get compensation for a just under 4 hour delay to my flight?

I think that maybe because the French were on strike then it falls outside of the fairly recent EU directive on compensating people for >3 hour delays...

anyone have any experience of this?

Â