Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

While we are still on topic of the BBC. Why should I still pay my TV license, if I'm paying to receive my signal from SKY. 

Yeah. Why should I pay for a driving licence when I buy my cars from Japan?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

We 'upgraded' to a new ticket logging system at work.

First day live, it's broken and has been for 2 hours. Can't work properly.

Fan-bloody-tastic.

If it's anything but JIRA it's automatically shit

• Like 1

We're moving to Service Now soon and that looks amazing.

Our current one is pants though.

I didn't log a ticket for 2 hours, so now have to double back on everything as well as do my job as normal at the same time.

Edited by StefanAVFC

I read that it's something to do with the brain not being able to register that you're in motion because your eyes are looking at a (relatively) stationary object. I'm not sure how true it is but if ever I'm a passenger in a car and I start reading, I'll feel a bit of nausea come on. If I start watching the scenery pass by then I feel better almost immediately. 

25 minutes ago, JB said:

I read that it's something to do with the brain not being able to register that you're in motion because your eyes are looking at a (relatively) stationary object. I'm not sure how true it is but if ever I'm a passenger in a car and I start reading, I'll feel a bit of nausea come on. If I start watching the scenery pass by then I feel better almost immediately. 

It's the same at sea. If I'm below deck, I'll feel sick. But standing up top in the breeze, I'm OK, even on a rough sea. 

32 minutes ago, JB said:

yeah i only get it when reading. today was the worst ive had it since a was a kid.

A year or two ago, I posted a pic in the Rogues' Gallery of one of my old football teams, and talked a bit about one of the guys in the picture, big Steve - no footballer, but a thoroughly great bloke and a good mate of mine. 

I am just about to set off to visit him in the hospice where he is dying of oesophagal cancer, hours or at best days left. 

Yes, it's another vote for cancer in this thread. Sorry for the downer, but I am absolutely gutted. Don't know what I can say to his missus. 

19 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

A year or two ago, I posted a pic in the Rogues' Gallery of one of my old football teams, and talked a bit about one of the guys in the picture, big Steve - no footballer, but a thoroughly great bloke and a good mate of mine. 

I am just about to set off to visit him in the hospice where he is dying of oesophagal cancer, hours or at best days left. 

Yes, it's another vote for cancer in this thread. Sorry for the downer, but I am absolutely gutted. Don't know what I can say to his missus. 

Cancer can go and get arse **** by a cactus.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BOF said:

It's one of the few things Paddy Power is actually good at.  Self-promotion.  Because his odds are actually shit.

I have always used Victor Chandler.  Never had a problem with them and they do guarantee the best odds available on most things.

Also,  they drop the odd 20 quid in your account for free depending on how much you use them.

43 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

its **** ridiculous this year, 3 friends have died due to cancer this year, we are in **** February. My sister had it last year, what the hell is going on.

3 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I have always used Victor Chandler.  Never had a problem with them and they do guarantee the best odds available on most things.

Also,  they drop the odd 20 quid in your account for free depending on how much you use them.

I use Victor aswell.  I actually moved to him from Paddy because of his odds.  I do follow Paddy on the social media sites though because he is funny.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

my thoughts are with you Mike

from my experience with my friend who died in December I just acted as usual , My friend knew he was dying but we never had that conversation , we talked about how he wouldn't be able to drive again until the following year , how he was hoping to come away with us on the next lads trip once he was better ...  we both knew but that was the way he wanted it to be  ... the last time I went he refused to see me (or anyone else) , he did that to spare me \ us from that awkward goodbye , all we could do then was wait for the call   ...

and then after he died his family just wanted to hear stories and memories about him , I'd go around and drink tea with them whilst they spoke about him (yes , I know tea !!) dug up all those old pictures from our teens  and shared them , I agonised at the doorbell before I pushed it , not sure what to say , if they would want to talk to people or be left alone   ..rest assured I'm glad I did  and I  think that's all you can really do is just be there for the family ,ring the doorbell even if you don't know what to say

we are doing a charity quiz night for him next month and have plans to do something on what would have been his 50th in October , the plan is to not let him be forgotten and I think that's all you can do really

• Like 2

Â