Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Mooney, probably stating the obvious but challenge it via both Morrisons and the parking firm.

Very often they get waived if someone protests, They don't want the risk of pensioners getting scared of shopping there when negative parking stories start appearing in the local free paper.

I'm sure you already knew that.

Oh, absolutely. I already have the formal objection letter written (as per Money Saving Expert et al). Plus another one informing them how much the loss of my custom will cost THEM, copied to the local press.

Combining the cars and Morrisons themes...

They've suddenly decided to employ a jobsworth parking company to 'police' their car parks. Last week the missus went down to do a shop and get her hair done in the hairdressers next door. So today we got a letter demanding an £85 fine because she went over the two hour limit.

When I think of the tens of thousands of pounds we've spent in there over the years, I'm less than impressed.

almost certainly won't be enforceable so just ignore it ... Only the police or council can impose parking fines .

After the 5th letter they will talk about  bailiffs ( illegal without a court order ) after the 8th letter they will give up and go home 

check money expert forum and there is a thread that will even show you every single letter that she will receive 

edit - I see it's already been said now I've read the rest of the thread 

Edited by tonyh29

People who moan about getting charged 5p for a bag.

Also, the cashiers apologising to me for having to charge me 5p.

It's 5p. I couldn't give less of a shit. Give me 100 and I might bat an eyelid.

Despite being annoyed by the government caving into the the tyrannical, nonsensical, and illogical Green obsession with carrier bags, I was quite prepared to pay for the bags, but I was surprised to find that it wasn't the simple act of exchanging 5p for a bag, as I'd hoped.

I don't like the whole proselytising tone of some transactions, where I get a look like I have been caught drowning puppies, and encouraged to minimise my crime by buying a 10p bag rather than a 5p one.

In one shop I asked for two bags but was only 'allowed' one.

No doubt the zealotry will cool as it becomes the habit but until then it will definitely continue to get of my tits. 

The one thing we have to look forward to, is that having introduced the concept to a chorus of "it's only 5p" the price will inevitably be increased.

It really isn't a big deal. It'll be habit soon enough, or we'll simply evolve larger hand spans to get 7 items to the car without a bag.

It might not stop the earth simultaneously burning and flooding, but it's surely better to reduce waste regardless of the 'why'.

Carrier bags alone make no difference. Just changing from leaded petrol alone did little for us or the planet, as did the tiny step with aerosol cans, or the change of gas in air con, or lead in paint, quicklime in building materials, sawing mdf without a mask, not separating food waste, stopping feeding dairy cows to dairy cows, getting the dolphins out of tinned tuna, not using rivers as toilets..... But somehow, if we can ignore the billions of people racing to consume and dispose as fast as we do, it must be for the better.

Despite my annoyance it is the failure of my cynicism which leads me astray.

What the carrier bag thing actually achieves is to integrate a gesture of environmental concern into the act of consumerism which is characteristic of cultural capitalism.

Here's Slavoj Zizek explaining exactly how it works:

I don't agree with all that he says there - in particular, I don't think he understands the point of a basic income at all - but it's a thought-provoking presentation, and much of what he says does have some real validity, especially on ethical capitalism. Good post. 

Seems like there's nothing but bad news and horrible people out there, and it's only getting worse. It's hard to have a positive outlook when the reality of it is, the world is diseased, and we're the **** disease.

• Like 2

missus has eventually got a job, but its nights doing sunday to wednesday. she also has college on a monday as well as lokking after the kids although her mumis going to help with that. be 800 quid a month better off so i suppose it will be worth it, and its only temporary until something more suitable turns up.

got laid off from my main source of work today, got 2 weeks left with them then nothing.

the amount of work I've turned down in the last 12 months to do work for this company, spent the last 4 hours phoning around trying yo scratch up some work to cover me till new year, got nothing.

Star Wars.

I'm a fan of the first two original, the rest sucked. 

I'll still see this one though, even though the dialogue in the trailer is cliched awfulness.

But none of the films were ever about the writing anyway, so, I'll just sit back and watch the explosions.

• Like 1

Â