Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I have an irrational fear of my phone battery running out. It never does, I have a OnePlus One and it has good battery life.

But it causes me anxiety, a very small amount but it's there. My girlfriend forgets to charge her phone sometimes and starts the day with 30% battery. That would be awful for me.

I have an irrational fear of my phone battery running out. It never does, I have a OnePlus One and it has good battery life.

But it causes me anxiety, a very small amount but it's there. My girlfriend forgets to charge her phone sometimes and starts the day with 30% battery. That would be awful for me.

Oh me too. I carry a bag around with me in it I have a power bank and a charger.

Over here its normal to be sitting in a cafe and hand your phone over to a waiter to stick behind the till and charge. Most places even have charging centres where you pay for a 15min quick charge.

If my phones on 50% I worry and close all apps and dim the screen.

The BBC posting clickbait headlines. I expect it from most media, it really pisses me off even more with them though. It's not like there are ads on the page they want us to see.

Current example. Front page headline on bbc.co.uk "man must pay £550 after leaving bin out on wrong day", alongside a photo of a shocked looking gormless man. Which makes you think, "wow, the poor bloke has been fined by the council for leaving his bin out for a day after collection, or putting it out early, that's outrageous". But no. That's not what happened at all.

You click on their lying, bullshit headline, to find out that:

A man has been fined for leaving his wheelie bin out to be collected for several weeks.

He was fined £80 which he refused to pay. The council issued a further penalty notice and then took him to court.

So far from having to pay £550 for "leaving his bin out on the wrong day", he's had to pay £550 for leaving his bin out for weeks on end, on a very narrow pavement, ignoring requests from the council, then refusing to pay the much smaller fine and had to pay 2/3 of the fee as legal costs for being a dickhead and dragging it to court..

You're lying words removed, BBC.

That is definitely annoying but for me the annoying thing is the double-standard.

The bin which is not an obstruction on the pavement when the council worker leaves it there suddenly becomes one when the householder leaves it on the pavement.

It is like when a motorist parks on double yellows or zig-zags at a crossing, or somewhere else, they are fined because they were creating a dangerous hazard, but when the police do the same the hazard instantly ceases to exist for the time the police are at the cash-point or in the Subway.

Which is like parents being fined for taking their children on holiday during term time because it disrupts the child's education but when the teachers go on strike it doesn't disrupt the child's education.

• Like 4

TFI Friday ... Some things should have been left to die a dignified death 

God yes.

I watched the anniversary show a couple of months back. It was ok, but nothing special. But I thought "maybe it was because they were doing so much reminiscing. If they actually concentrate on making new shows it'll be better"

I was wrong. Watched the first half an hour last night. Absolutely awful. 

Didn't hel that Chris Evans looked like a steroetypical old man trying to be cool. T shirt tucked into his blue jeans. FFS man.

been to work today so obviously i was looking forward to chilling tomorrow. take the dog for a nice walk,grab the papers on way back,do a bit in the garden, watch the football then take my lad swimming but no im going to coventry for the day.

John Lennon's cover of "Stand By Me"

Awful.

The whole Rock'n'Roll album. SHOULD have been great, but it was mostly awful. I blame Phil Spector.

The problem seemed to be that Lennon was stuck with the label of being the anti-McCartney (as in the opposite), so while Paul was doing the Crossroads theme on Venus and Mars, which was bland and banal, Lennon went for raucous authenticity.

A lot of people thought his voice was a little bit too thin and raucous.

It was not a great album but a lot better than Venus and Mars IMO.

But both albums seem to offer evidence that Lennon and McCartney both benefited from what the other brought to the party.

John Lennon's cover of "Stand By Me"Awful.

The whole Rock'n'Roll album. SHOULD have been great, but it was mostly awful. I blame Phil Spector.

The problem seemed to be that Lennon was stuck with the label of being the anti-McCartney (as in the opposite), so while Paul was doing the Crossroads theme on Venus and Mars, which was bland and banal, Lennon went for raucous authenticity.

A lot of people thought his voice was a little bit too thin and raucous.

It was not a great album but a lot better than Venus and Mars IMO.

But both albums seem to offer evidence that Lennon and McCartney both benefited from what the other brought to the party.

I was with you up to 'raucous authenticity'. That would have been great if it had happened, with a bar band and minimal production. But it was nothing like that. Lennon tried his best to do his 'Twist and Shout' voice, but it got buried in cotton wool sound, the musicians sounded like bland LA session men on downers, and everything was too s-l-o-wwwww.

Wasn't the Rock n roll album part of his settlement for stealing the line here come old flat top from chuck berry for Come Together ?

possibly his heart just wasn't in it as a result 

Wasn't the Rock n roll album part of his settlement for stealing the line here come old flat top from chuck berry for Come Together ?

possibly his heart just wasn't in it as a result 

Yes it was. Not just that line, but Come Together was pretty much a total ripoff of You Can't Catch Me.

Â