Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

The hysteria of this cock up at the oscars

You can kinda expect and accept it in Tinsel Town, where running out of perrier water is seen as a bit of a crisis....but for the rest of the world to go on about it so much is irritating. 

All I DO know is that at least one poor envelope stuffer/junior gopher is now joining the dole queue as I type this :huh:

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

All I DO know is that at least one poor envelope stuffer/junior gopher is now joining the dole queue as I type this :huh:

Be lucky to get unemployment benefit in the US after getting fired?

Edited by Davkaus

I have no idea what that oscars thing is about, wonder how long it will take before I know without actively looking it up? (It will at some point, I'm not a total under a bridge gnome)

I stopped in the street yesterday and stood to one side to allow an elderly couple pass me. I stood behind a public bin so they could pass, and quickly checked my phone as I did so. 

It must have taken a good 20 seconds for them to pass and they did the old boy tutted "The future of our country" at me.

Firstly, I felt I was doing the right thing to let them past. Secondly, it's me 30th Birthday in a few months.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

I stopped in the street yesterday and stood to one side to allow an elderly couple pass me. I stood behind a public bin so they could pass, and quickly checked my phone as I did so. 

It must have taken a good 20 seconds for them to pass and they did the old boy tutted "The future of our country" at me.

Firstly, I felt I was doing the right thing to let them past. Secondly, it's me 30th Birthday in a few months.

Oh that would have really wound me up, for about 4 reasons.

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

Oh that would have really wound me up, for about 4 reasons.

I was so angry I walked away thinking of all the things I would have liked to say but wouldn't because I've been programmed to respect even disrespectful old people. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Me at work filling up my plastic water bottle to quench my thirst

Other people at work filling up their ridiculous water 'jars', and their fancy steel and glass bottles.
Yeah, you're **** idiots.

i think its been shown that you shouldn't re-use plastic bottles, the plastic leaches into the water.

the others are correct, and you are...  ;)

Inconsiderate parking. I live in a cul-de-sac and too often there are cars parked on both sides of the road near the entrance to the Close. The gap is just about wide enough to drive a car through. If an ambulance had to access the 30 or so houses past the parked cars it would struggle to get through without folding wing mirrors in. There's no way a fire engine would get through. On the one side of the road the parked cars are also obstructing the pavement.:bang:

16 hours ago, brommy said:

Inconsiderate parking. I live in a cul-de-sac and too often there are cars parked on both sides of the road near the entrance to the Close. The gap is just about wide enough to drive a car through. If an ambulance had to access the 30 or so houses past the parked cars it would struggle to get through without folding wing mirrors in. There's no way a fire engine would get through. On the one side of the road the parked cars are also obstructing the pavement.:bang:

I don't think the fire service would give a ****.  I presume a Fire Engine can and will damage the cars in the way if it needed to get to a house fire.

I doubt they would need to pay for it either as if it is illegally parked and stopping them doing their job it is just a piece of metal,  hopefully.

Dopey idiots who stand too near me as I'm at a cashpoint. They're normally oblivious to their proximity but I always make the exaggerated point of (when finished) turning around and pretending to be startled to which I get an embarrassed, mumbled apology. 

I'm not usually that guy who bangs on about personal space but that and supermarket checkout queues do my head in :angry:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

@Demitri_C's dreadful pun nicknames for seemingly everyone involved in football :D 

I did think the Greenade one made him sound like an energy drink with most probably a radioactive glow to it :)

• Like 1

The heating at work has stopped working overnight. Its getting gradually colder and I'm sat in the office on my own. 

None of this annoys me more than the fact i asked for the day off as annual leave last week and it got rejected because someone wouldnt work their day off to cover me. No problem, except that person is now working their day off in another office. All while i have to wait here for the engineer to come out and turn the heating on. 

Â