Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Good man.

As I said, I like the ingenuity of some viral videos, some a pretty good.

But that one.. I just don't understand why anyone would like it, let alone go viral.

Simple reason, a large proportion of people of people are stupid. People ask me why I am no longer on FB after I deactivated my account. I tell them straight, I am tired of seeing stupid **** ( acquaintances) spout mundane rubbish and share utter garbage. It got to the point it made me physically angry.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I commented on one of those saying he was creepy and should have his hard drive checked and got like a thousand likes.

And a load of abuse, but it was worth it.

This meme is appropriate

fyeah.jpg

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

The more I engage in social media and hide people's posts, the more I realise that I don't really like anybody at all. 

Coming off social media was the best thing I could do for my sanity! 

I'm all for feminism and International Women's day, I think it's brilliant.

However, I've just made the mistake of reading Buzzfeed's '32 Everyday things that women do that men don't have to worry about.' I agree with about 4 of them, it's shit like this that gives feminism a bad name. Here's a small selection, posted without comment.

10. Wearing a wedding ring to reduce the chances of men hitting on/harassing you, because they respect another man’s “property” more than a woman’s right to say no.

16. Qualifying statements with words like “just” and “sorry” to avoid being perceived as pushy or aggressive.
17. Faking being happy and perky even when you don’t feel like it to avoid being seen as a bitch.
18. But not being TOO perky, so that people don’t think you’re stupid.

19. Pretending to be patient when you’re interrupted/talked over repeatedly by men.
20. Repeating yourself over and over again to get your point across.

27. Questioning whether the tweet or Facebook status you’re about to post will result in being viciously trolled/harassed, and having to make the decision about whether it’s worth it.

8 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

However, I've just made the mistake of reading Buzzfeed

Well, at least you admitted your mistake :D

• Like 1

I just saw the article and started reading the comments at the bottom. The first person who commented is your typical type of Buzzfeed reader...

16426062_1323051541087028_24772845316639

Ennis Skalski · 
I'm not a her but I am androgynous and agender haha.

Agender? What bullshit
Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I just saw the article and started reading the comments at the bottom. The first person who commented is your typical type of Buzzfeed reader...

16426062_1323051541087028_24772845316639

Ennis Skalski · 
I'm not a her but I am androgynous and agender haha.

Agender? What bullshit

This isn't the first time you've commented on pronouns. Maybe you've got an agender of your own :P

• Like 2

On 06/03/2017 at 14:41, lapal_fan said:

That viral video going around of that 40-something year old bloke phoning a primary school up, pretending to be a 4 year old, telling the school he won't be in today because he's sick.

In the call he says things like "my mom and dad are in bed and they told me to ring you"

"They are lazy"

"what's your name" after calling himself "timmy".

I like funny videos or whatever, but that one, for some reason really cheesed me off.

He's filming it himself, sat in the kitchen, so there is ZERO spectacle, his voice is just high pitched and really doesn't even sound like a child, he's from "oop north" making it even more irritating.  The person he's calling is obviously quite concerned about this "child" and his whereabouts, and if he's safe.. He's wasting this persons time, when I'm sure the school would benefit her time being spent on actually helping people who need help, or clogging up the phone line for a 10 minute prank call..

And it's been viewed 10 billion times, everyone seemingly loves it, and you know the bloke that did it will think he's the bollocks and he'll do another one and it'll become "a thing".

Faaaackin' ell' Arry'

Thing is, you should be pissed off about this. Wasting the time of school employees who may well have thought they had a safeguarding issue to deal with. 

• Like 1

On 06/03/2017 at 10:22, choffer said:

The amount of chin-stroking, beret and dungaree-wearing, beardy twonks that inhabit art galleries. 

I know this is exactly the kind of place they hang out but the amount of sneery looks I got for having the temerity to wander round the exhibition wearing jeans, trainers and a RUNDMC t-shirt was just ridiculous.

I guess there's elitism in every part of the planet.

What's up RUN DMC t-shirt wearing brother :cheers:

• Like 1

Oh man just this minute seen one. People who bring bicycles onto packed commuter trains in rush hour. THERE IS NO ROOM FOR THEM. I can just about excuse those small folding ones but you see people with mahusive full size mountain bikes pressing people into a corner to get their bike on. Pisses me right off. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Can I ask why you feel that way? Not being confrontational, just interested to know?

It's been going for over a century, and started for a very good cause, of obtaining equal working rights and pay for women, as well as the right to vote. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with supporting it, as it's part of working class, and feminist history. It's a day to remember those who struggled in the past, and those that still do today. I think in the current climate, women showing solidarity around the world, isn't a bad thing, especially as some of the powers that be are actually regressing women's rights.

Yeah, but women are shit :ph34r:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

This isn't the first time you've commented on pronouns. Maybe you've got an agender of your own :P

@Xela always likes his snakes to have tits :P 

• Like 2

Â