Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

34 minutes ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

The heating at work has stopped working overnight. Its getting gradually colder and I'm sat in the office on my own. 

None of this annoys me more than the fact i asked for the day off as annual leave last week and it got rejected because someone wouldnt work their day off to cover me. No problem, except that person is now working their day off in another office. All while i have to wait here for the engineer to come out and turn the heating on. 

Health and safety.  Take the day off because the office is unsuitable.  That way you keep your annual leave day.  Make sure to flip the bird while exiting the front door for maximum effect.

• Like 1

The fact that the PWC officials who cocked up at the Oscars have had death threats and need protection. What is wrong with people?!

48 minutes ago, Xela said:

The fact that the PWC officials who cocked up at the Oscars have had death threats and need protection. What is wrong with people?!

People really like La La Land

I do it, but the next time I use the butter I use those bits first, so it's never a problem. But at least you're in the right thread ;)

• Like 1

The nippers homework.

Trace the ZZ's to practice them. 

Write the ZZ's into the gaps of the words below.

Trace the alphabet.

Write out the alphabet.

Write a poem about a dinosaur.

I can't help but feel they've missed a few months of lessons somewhere.

23 hours ago, BOF said:

I do it, but the next time I use the butter I use those bits first, so it's never a problem. But at least you're in the right thread ;)

I find myself agreeing with you a lot Brian. Is it because we're both challenged in the same follically way?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I find myself agreeing with you a lot Brian. Is it because we're both challenged in the same follically way?

No, you must just be amazingly intelligent and a well balanced individual. 

• Like 1

Ordering something to be delivered to home today and seeing Amazon state the item is still 'dispatching now' for delivery today by 9... I suspect it won't turn up...

More annoying as it wouldn't let me cancel earlier and I hate having stuff delivered to home when I'm not in.

The new Aldi advert.

Cue female voice over swooning over a semi naked man having water splashed over him commenting on his "washboard abs". Would this be allowed on modern TV if the roles were reversed? 

If I have a child in future I hope to god it's female, I wouldn't want to bring a white male into this stupid world at the mo. It's **** up.  Hell of a reaction to a tv advert I know but it's not just that one ad obviously, the whole sentiment is starting to grind now. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

The new Aldi advert.

Cue female voice over swooning over a semi naked man having water splashed over him commenting on his "washboard abs". Would this be allowed on modern TV if the roles were reversed? 

If I have a child in future I hope to god it's female, I wouldn't want to bring a white male into this stupid world at the mo. It's **** up. 

Similarly, female on male violence seems to be acceptable for 'comedy' purposes. I have a 4 year-old daughter so watch a lot of Disney. Watching 'Tangled' the other day and Rapunzel knocks a guy out with a frying pan shot to the head. Twice. Once whilst he's tied up. In Frozen, one of the sisters punches a guy full in the face and I'm pretty sure Moana gave Maui a beating with an oar at one point. These are just some examples that spring to mind.

I'm almost tempted to use a sentence containing the word 'normalises'...

• Like 1

The amount of chin-stroking, beret and dungaree-wearing, beardy twonks that inhabit art galleries. 

I know this is exactly the kind of place they hang out but the amount of sneery looks I got for having the temerity to wander round the exhibition wearing jeans, trainers and a RUNDMC t-shirt was just ridiculous.

I guess there's elitism in every part of the planet.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

The new Aldi advert.

If I have a child in future I hope to god it's female, I wouldn't want to bring a white male into this stupid world at the mo. It's **** up.  Hell of a reaction to a tv advert I know but it's not just that one ad obviously, the whole sentiment is starting to grind now. 

11 hours ago, JB said:

Similarly, female on male violence seems to be acceptable for 'comedy' purposes. I have a 4 year-old daughter so watch a lot of Disney. Watching 'Tangled' the other day and Rapunzel knocks a guy out with a frying pan shot to the head. Twice. Once whilst he's tied up. In Frozen, one of the sisters punches a guy full in the face and I'm pretty sure Moana gave Maui a beating with an oar at one point. These are just some examples that spring to mind.

I'm almost tempted to use a sentence containing the word 'normalises'...

I know these are probably a wind-up but at least you could have offered me a trigger warning. :D

• Like 2

Â