Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

The notion that it's small time to celebrate your team scoring a goal. How can you possibly celebrate a goal too much? Isn't that the pay off moment? Surely that's why you go to watch your team play? To see and celebrate your team scoring goal, and winning the match?

On Twitter at the weekend, I saw it mentioned that Villa fans celebrated too much, when scoring against Rotherham. It's not the first time I've seen this said, and to be honest I always put it down to sour grapes. It's a last resort thing to say, when your team has been beat. Just as it says on the tin, pissed me off, when probably it shouldn't.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

The notion that it's small time to celebrate your team scoring a goal. How can you possibly celebrate a goal too much? Isn't that the pay off moment? Surely that's why you go to watch your team play? To see and celebrate your team scoring goal, and winning the match?

On Twitter at the weekend, I saw it mentioned that Villa fans celebrated too much, when scoring against Rotherham. It's not the first time I've seen this said, and to be honest I always put it down to sour grapes. It's a last resort thing to say, when your team has been beat. Just as it says on the tin, pissed me off, when probably it shouldn't.

Might as well give up going to football games if celebrating goals is small time! :blink:

• Like 1

I read a tweet from a nose saying he saw a bunch of Villa fans at the train station after the Bristol City game, not singing or celebrating the win "because they were so delusional, thinking that the vile were the same size as Barcelona, they thought that game was beneath them".

Funny, because I'm sure if they were singing they'd have been "acting like they'd won the world cup".

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I read a tweet from a nose saying he saw a bunch of Villa fans at the train station after the Bristol City game, not singing or celebrating the win "because they were so delusional, thinking that the vile were the same size as Barcelona, they thought that game was beneath them".

Funny, because I'm sure if they were singing they'd have been "acting like they'd won the world cup".

Maybe this is for another thread, in another area, but modern football fans are just the worst. Especially those with access to social media.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Chindie said:

Ordering something to be delivered to home today and seeing Amazon state the item is still 'dispatching now' for delivery today by 9... I suspect it won't turn up...

More annoying as it wouldn't let me cancel earlier and I hate having stuff delivered to home when I'm not in.

Oddly enough I'm annoyed when they do the opposite. I was told to definitely be ready on a tuesday for a package to arrive. So I prepare a schedule accordingly. I was woken up by a furious doorbell at 8.30am on Sunday morning. I was happily snoozing then assumed some kind of genuine issue was at hand, I was bloody annoyed it had come two days earlier  - well for a couple of hours. I was having a lovely dream too. 

That viral video going around of that 40-something year old bloke phoning a primary school up, pretending to be a 4 year old, telling the school he won't be in today because he's sick.

In the call he says things like "my mom and dad are in bed and they told me to ring you"

"They are lazy"

"what's your name" after calling himself "timmy".

I like funny videos or whatever, but that one, for some reason really cheesed me off.

He's filming it himself, sat in the kitchen, so there is ZERO spectacle, his voice is just high pitched and really doesn't even sound like a child, he's from "oop north" making it even more irritating.  The person he's calling is obviously quite concerned about this "child" and his whereabouts, and if he's safe.. He's wasting this persons time, when I'm sure the school would benefit her time being spent on actually helping people who need help, or clogging up the phone line for a 10 minute prank call..

And it's been viewed 10 billion times, everyone seemingly loves it, and you know the bloke that did it will think he's the bollocks and he'll do another one and it'll become "a thing".

Faaaackin' ell' Arry'

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

That viral video going around of that 40-something year old bloke phoning a primary school up, pretending to be a 4 year old, telling the school he won't be in today because he's sick.

In the call he says things like "my mom and dad are in bed and they told me to ring you"

"They are lazy"

I like funny videos or whatever, but that one, for some reason really cheesed me off.

He's filming it himself, sat in the kitchen, so there is ZERO spectacle, his voice is just high pitched and really doesn't even sound like a child, he's from "oop north" making it even more irritating.  The person he's calling is obviously quite concerned about this "child" and his whereabouts, and if he's safe.. He's wasting this persons time, when I'm sure the school would benefit her time being spent on actually helping people who need help, or clogging up the phone line for a 10 minute prank call..

And it's been viewed 10 billion times, everyone seemingly loves it, and you know the bloke that did it will think he's the bollocks and he'll do another one and it'll become "a thing".

Faaaackin' ell' Arry'

Agree x100, it's just annoying.

Although, I do remember you phoning the vets saying you were an old man and your tortoise Jebediah had fallen over and was on it's back, spinning around on the lino as you were trying to turn it over with your walking stick.

10 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Agree x100, it's just annoying.

Although, I do remember you phoning the vets saying you were an old man and your tortoise Jebediah had fallen over and was on it's back, spinning around on the lino as you were trying to turn it over with your walking stick.

Yea but I was 20, doing it in front of friends, TO a friend (Smel).

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I finally made a funny video with billions of views and some words removed with no sense of humour are whinging about it.

As a rule of thumb, if one of my Aunties has shared a video, it ain't funny.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

No, I still think that's funny, I just wanted to talk about it again.

See?  That was **** creative B)  

A tortoise's shell spinning on Lino is funny UNIVERSALLY.

20 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I didn't really know where to go with this so once Paddy challenged me I'm scared

I've never scared anyone in my life! Maybe once, when I posted a photo of my tongue on here.

7 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I know these are probably a wind-up but at least you could have offered me a trigger warning. :D

Safe space needed!

On 3/6/2017 at 14:41, lapal_fan said:

"They are lazy"

Faaaackin' ell' Arry'

I commented on one of those saying he was creepy and should have his hard drive checked and got like a thousand likes.

And a load of abuse, but it was worth it.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I commented on one of those saying he was creepy and should have his hard drive checked and got like a thousand likes.

And a load of abuse, but it was worth it.

Good man.

As I said, I like the ingenuity of some viral videos, some a pretty good.

But that one.. I just don't understand why anyone would like it, let alone go viral.

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

Good man.

As I said, I like the ingenuity of some viral videos, some a pretty good.

But that one.. I just don't understand why anyone would like it, let alone go viral.

It's more annoying that he's already done half a dozen different ones.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

It's more annoying that he's already done half a dozen different ones.

Oh **** off, really?!

I bet they are as equally entertaining.

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 1

Â