Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

21 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I find that in the main people are unquestionably shit. 

Stay away from art galleries and California and you'll find people are generally alright :) 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

just take a handful of my popcorn

go on

pop your hand in

IxdW9.gif

I've seen arachnophobia , no way I'm putting my hand in any popcorn 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Can I ask why you feel that way? Not being confrontational, just interested to know?

It's been going for over a century, and started for a very good cause, of obtaining equal working rights and pay for women, as well as the right to vote. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with supporting it, as it's part of working class, and feminist history. It's a day to remember those who struggled in the past, and those that still do today. I think in the current climate, women showing solidarity around the world, isn't a bad thing, especially as some of the powers that be are actually regressing women's rights.

Lots of men and women have done great things down the years - no problem with that.

I think what tipped me over the edge with this one was some woman at work who fresh from coming back from a "celebrating women in business event" spent a couple of hours at work  attending an "International Women's Day" thingy that was on. Don't worry about all the work that needs to be done!

Won't be celebrating International Men's day either. (yes it is real!)

4 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Lots of men and women have done great things down the years - no problem with that.

I think what tipped me over the edge with this one was some woman at work who fresh from coming back from a "celebrating women in business event" spent a couple of hours at work  attending an "International Women's Day" thingy that was on. Don't worry about all the work that needs to be done!

Won't be celebrating International Men's day either. (yes it is real!)

Fair enough, I get annoyed when they let people at my work put Christmas decorations up, when there's work to be done, so can understand where you're coming from.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Xela said:

Not Stormzy per se, but grime music. I have tried to listen to it but it just sounds awful

I guess that is the joy of music, different strokes for different folks. 

I struggle with the words "grime" and "music" appearing together in the same sentence.

• Like 1

People who walk across roads whilst starring face down at their phones, it's as though there's this tacit expectation that you will move out of their way. Being in a particularly word removed mood this lunch time I decided to barge (lightly) some prat who wasn't looking where he was going. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 4

what annoyed me was in some german town they pandered to these clearings in the woods and put lights on the ground for road crossings, to save them the bother of looking up. I think I was even more angry with that that then when the americans invented the machine to get round walking. FFS. let Darwinian nature take it's course, if the morons walk inito a car, it's their own stupid fault

here btw

CNN)Worried about people glued to their phones while they walk down the street?

Two German cities were concerned enough to install traffic lights that face up at pedestrians ... on the sidewalk.
The southern city of Augsburg recently installed the system at two crowded train stations after a manager saw something similar in Cologne.
Cologne installed similar devices in 2011, according to the German transportation research institute STUVA.

The lights cost about 10,000 euros ($11,313) each. Some have complained about the price, said Jurgen Fergg, a spokesman for the Augsburg municipal service, but the cost is "justified compared to the damage that can be prevented."
"We will keep an eye on the results and see if less people will walk over the red light," Fergg said.

A 19-year-old man was seriously injured March 8 in Augsburg when he walked into the path of an oncoming train while wearing headphones, according to police. Other cities in Germany have had fatal accidents involving distracted pedestrians, according to Fergg.
Though the solution seems simple -- just look up, people -- distracted walking has become a dangerous problem in recent years.
A 2013 study from Ohio State University found that the number of people injured while walking and using their phones more than doubled from 2005 to 2010, when more than 1,500 went to the emergency room.

A professor involved in the study, Jack Nasar, said he "wouldn't be surprised if the number of injuries to pedestrians caused by cell phones doubles again between 2010 and 2015."

:bang:

Edited by Rodders
to add link
  • Like 1

I hate the fact that pedestrian crossings nowadays don't have the red and green man on the opposite side of the road, but down to your right and always seem to be pointing at an angle slightly away from where you're standing.  Also they don't seem to bleep any more, how do the blind people know when to cross?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Just finished a first aid course which was enjoyable and informative BUT....there was one old biddie on there who'd been on one before, knew all the answers (or thought she did !) and had a personal story for EVERY injury/illness scenario we covered, frequently interrupting the excellent trainer giving the course.

Even stuff off topic we spoke about at breaktime (such as grammar schools were "only for posh people to send their kids to" made me growl back at her that I'd been to one and my old man came to England from Cork in the 60s and made tyres ! She didn't bat an eyelid !)

In the end I just went in to the classroom to get away from her. The final straw was when she tried to correct a young Ukrainian bloke sat next to me about Chernobyl and what REALLY happened there and how life was for the survivors !!!

And she had a proper whiny voice too !

F right off !!!

Out of curiosity, what actually happened at Chernobyl according to this woman?

33 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I hate the fact that pedestrian crossings nowadays don't have the red and green man on the opposite side of the road, but down to your right and always seem to be pointing at an angle slightly away from where you're standing.  Also they don't seem to bleep any more, how do the blind people know when to cross?

The yellow box has a little knurled widget underneath that you touch, and it spins around when the green man is lit. 

44 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

The secret button of course! 

edit: Beaten by Mike!

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, KHV said:

Out of curiosity, what actually happened at Chernobyl according to this woman?

Something along the lines of a deliberate inside job by the foundry owners (if she'd have said "to claim on the insurance" I would've laughed my head off.....i mean, wasn't it government owned ?)

But for her to imply she knew better about the fall out afterwards than a bloke who actually came from that country beggared belief !

Edited by mottaloo
Spelling mistakes

Â