Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

People who do not read the attachments when ordering online. My company since the outbreak of COVID-19 has advised all customers purchasing beds settees and the like that we are not allowed to come into peoples houses and to ensure If an item needs to be taken to the back or upstairs of the house that sufficient people be on site to achieve this. Anyway was on the job this afternoon and I’ve got this new settee to his blokes door who then asked me to help him carry it upstairs, told him sorry mate and he went mental shouting,  swearing and barking like a dog. Had to leg it in the end

I have no time at all for people who seem to think because they have paid for a particular service/product they own employees and can tell them what to do.

I used to work in a wedding venue and we had a bride once that absolutely lost it because my boss wouldn't make one of the serving staff give her a foot rub. "it's my wedding day" "I've paid a lot of money". Yeah, you paid for food and the venue, not some poor bastard on minimum wage to touch your disgusting feet or risk losing their job. Luckily the boss was good at protecting his staff and laughed her away.

• Like 2

That **** ing "You Are What You Wear" TV show. Particularly the clearing in the woods presenters. The missus loves it. It makes me want to run amok with a Kalashnikov. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

The Gravy Feud thread and that fact I’m eating healthily to get my cholesterol down, so I can’t go in there because it’s too depressing. I miss eating plates of shit. 

If you want to be fed shit you could go ‘on topic’.

Joke Drums GIF by Bax Music

• Like 3

On 29/06/2020 at 13:43, rjw63 said:

The fact that almost nobody on TV or radio can pronounce the word "vulnerable" correctly.

Just **** off.

Honestly do you pronounce the first R in library?

46 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Honestly do you pronounce the first R in library?

I certainly pronounce the first one more than I pronounce the second one

On 29/06/2020 at 17:37, Xela said:

Yep .

I know for a fact some people are taking the piss while WFH. Hopefully it all comes out in the wash 

I think others are picking up the slack too. Sure feels that way. I’m drained.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

I need to have my wisdom teeth out 🙄

im 35, always had it that the lower right one wasn't 100% through but never caused me a problem, 2 weeks ago I got a poppy seed lodged under a flappy bit of the gum, infection, inflamed gum, cleaned it all out...dentist still wants to take it out and while she's there she "might as well take the other ones out too"

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I need to have my wisdom teeth out 🙄

im 35, always had it that the lower right one wasn't 100% through but never caused me a problem, 2 weeks ago I got a poppy seed lodged under a flappy bit of the gum, infection, inflamed gum, cleaned it all out...dentist still wants to take it out and while she's there she "might as well take the other ones out too"

You will look like your avatar when they’ve been done. Horrible business

• Sad 1

People who are English and don't know the difference between it's and its or their or there or loosing and losing. Worst bit is that I think most people know, they just don't care. 

I'd also add my job. I have a great new position, good job, good salary. I'm lucky. BUT since we work in consultancy we have heaps and heaps of work. It's a recession proof business to a certain degree, so we have done quite well during Covid, but what pisses me off is how difficult it is to take vacation. I'm due 10 weeks. Had plans of taking out 4 weeks this summer, and was supposed to be off already last Wed. but work has just kept ticking in and it's just fecking impossible to get away from it. I'm hoping I can take vaca from today, but I can already see 2-3 projects causing problems within the next couple of weeks, so I fully expect people to start calling me to do stuff. 

It was easy when I was single, but with a SO that expects me to be there when she's off, it's not so fun anymore. **** knows how it pans out when you get kids. I genuinly don't get what my colleagues with kids do. Guess they just don't care and turn off their phones. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

There are hundreds of examples of English people speaking horrible English 

I would say that there, they're, their is the worst written and that don't, doesn't is the worst spoken one, that's so common and I'm guilty of it too

Â