Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

50 minutes ago, Genie said:

I detest LinkedIn, the most needy people on the planet.

I've done my best to ignore it the last few years (outside of updating my job per corporate request) but I've now lost my job and am going to set up consulting so its useful to go on and see if there are contacts I could use. 

First thing I saw when I logged on was an (obviously fake) story about Nelson Mandela and his professor. It took about 3 comments for Gandhi and Churchill to be discussed with the OP writing about the 'loony left'. 

It just amazes me people think arguments like that on what is supposed to be a work networking platform make them look anything but grossly unprofessional. 

Also hate the humble brag posts. 'Here's a story about what a wonderful person I am for interviewing and hiring someone over 40'. 

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 2

Just now, Stevo985 said:

LinkedIn is the shittest, cringiest, fakest social media platform out there.

It's honestly horrendous. it's full of kiss arse brown nosing words removed posting fake bullshit about their crap jobs trying to make themselves sound interesting or keen.

I despise it. I'm only on it for finding new jobs if that situation ever arises.

Same here, I built up a bit of a network in case I need to actively look for a job. 

Insurance companies and renewal time. The boring ritual of phoning to cancel cos you've found a new insurer that offers the same cover for half the price, knowing you'll be having the same conversation with them as well in 12 months' time. 

Just got off the phone from Halifax who were very surprised i wouldn't take their reviewed offer which was £30 less than their first renewal figure....even when i told them it was still £40 more expensive than my new insurer.....like they think I'm blagging them. 😡

• Like 2

I find myself getting increasingly angry with people at work, I think constantly WFH and not seeing a face or discuss things in person makes it a lot easier to just attribute everything they do to incompetence and idiocy. There are definitely some anger problems brewing, I'm going to need to compose myself before I get back in to the office.

• Like 2

On 26/06/2020 at 18:39, Stevo985 said:

LinkedIn is the shittest, cringiest, fakest social media platform out there.

It's honestly horrendous. it's full of kiss arse brown nosing words removed posting fake bullshit about their crap jobs trying to make themselves sound interesting or keen.

I despise it. I'm only on it for finding new jobs if that situation ever arises.

I do however like to watch those mini videos some of the women (usually mortgage advisers) stick up as there is always a bit of flirty cleavage shown if they have it to show 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hot weather.

Bloody hate it. So glad it's been cooler the last few days. Particularly as I've been working nights. Sleeping when its 25 plus outside is bloody impossible. Bring on winter.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I do however like to watch those mini videos some of the women (usually mortgage advisers) stick up as there is always a bit of flirty cleavage shown if they have it to show 

Yep, but don't forget - they're serious business people on a serious business platform.

The fact that every video they shoot shows off their ample cleavage is totally coincidental.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yep, but don't forget - they're serious business people on a serious business platform.

The fact that every video they shoot shows off their ample cleavage is totally coincidental.

I wonder how they would feel knowing I watch the clips with the sound off 

4 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I wonder how they would feel knowing I watch the clips with the lube and rubber glove?

Sounds more realistic ;)

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I find myself getting increasingly angry with people at work, I think constantly WFH and not seeing a face or discuss things in person makes it a lot easier to just attribute everything they do to incompetence and idiocy. There are definitely some anger problems brewing, I'm going to need to compose myself before I get back in to the office.

Yep .

I know for a fact some people are taking the piss while WFH. Hopefully it all comes out in the wash 

3 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Hot weather.

Bloody hate it. So glad it's been cooler the last few days. Particularly as I've been working nights. Sleeping when its 25 plus outside is bloody impossible. Bring on winter.

I love the hot weather in the day. It can **** right off at night though

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Hot weather.

spacer.png

People who do not read the attachments when ordering online. My company since the outbreak of COVID-19 has advised all customers purchasing beds settees and the like that we are not allowed to come into peoples houses and to ensure If an item needs to be taken to the back or upstairs of the house that sufficient people be on site to achieve this. Anyway was on the job this afternoon and I’ve got this new settee to his blokes door who then asked me to help him carry it upstairs, told him sorry mate and he went mental shouting,  swearing and barking like a dog. Had to leg it in the end

• Haha 2

Â