Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

12 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I lived as John till I was 10 with most of the people of Donnington in Telford. That’s my brother and it’s too much to learn another name. This followed me into school as he was always 2 years ahead and teachers couldn’t be arsed to learn my name. Now its Paul. words removed. 

We can start calling you Ringo if you like, then your three quarters of the way there.

2 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

We can start calling you Ringo if you like, then your three quarters of the way there.

Its a stretch but happy to oblige. 

5 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

People who are English and don't know the difference between it's and its or their or there or loosing and losing. Worst bit is that I think most people know, they just don't care. 

I'd also add my job. I have a great new position, good job, good salary. I'm lucky. BUT since we work in consultancy we have heaps and heaps of work. It's a recession proof business to a certain degree, so we have done quite well during Covid, but what pisses me off is how difficult it is to take vacation. I'm due 10 weeks. Had plans of taking out 4 weeks this summer, and was supposed to be off already last Wed. but work has just kept ticking in and it's just fecking impossible to get away from it. I'm hoping I can take vaca from today, but I can already see 2-3 projects causing problems within the next couple of weeks, so I fully expect people to start calling me to do stuff. 

It was easy when I was single, but with a SO that expects me to be there when she's off, it's not so fun anymore. **** knows how it pans out when you get kids. I genuinly don't get what my colleagues with kids do. Guess they just don't care and turn off their phones. 

My eldest is going through this as part of her home schooling currently. She's 7. So, either it gets forgotten or (more likely) people are too lazy and dense to put the correct one in. 

7 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

And we'll call Seat68 Mary. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

The common mistake that drives me mad is people who spell Paid Payed.

And 'passed' instead of 'past', e.g. "I walked passed the house", or worse still "Painting is one of my passed times". 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I need to have my wisdom teeth out 🙄

im 35, always had it that the lower right one wasn't 100% through but never caused me a problem, 2 weeks ago I got a poppy seed lodged under a flappy bit of the gum, infection, inflamed gum, cleaned it all out...dentist still wants to take it out and while she's there she "might as well take the other ones out too"

its a doddle tbh , mine were impacted so a bit fiddly but even then  it was pain free and they did them all in one go   ....It meant I had to live on chocolate mousse for a week until it was safe to chew again , good weight loss method believe it or not    .. seem to recall have to do a saline rinse every few hours as well  , but i'm sure a salty taste in your mouth is nothing new :D

Edited by tonyh29
pain free , not paid free
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

its a doddle tbh , mine were impacted so a bit fiddly but even then  it was paid free and they did them all in one go   ....It meant I had to live on chocolate mousse for a week until it was safe to chew again , good weight loss method believe it or not    .. seem to recall have to do a saline rinse every few hours as well  , but i'm sure a salty taste in your mouth is nothing new :D

I've had implants 2 years ago so the aching jaw and feeling like shit with a swollen face is nothing new, I think the main problem for me is that I feel like I don't need it that badly and I can't be bothered 

And you mean drinking sea water or what? ;)

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

How big were your implants if they make your jaw ache?

Mine are a decent size and I sometimes get a bit of back ache, but its never really got as far as my jaw.

Its all that action I'm now getting 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

How big were your implants if they make your jaw ache?

Mine are a decent size and I sometimes get a bit of back ache, but its never really got as far as my jaw.

did you go from B to D cup, double C is plenty and less strain on the back 

I'm usually ok with spelling and grammar. Any mistakes on here I put down to laziness and tiredness. Plus I'm not a fan of the Macbook Air keyboard

One thing I do struggle with is effect/affect. Always been my weak spot. I imagine @mjmooney would be appalled. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm usually ok with spelling and grammar. Any mistakes on here I put down to laziness and tiredness. Plus I'm not a fan of the Macbook Air keyboard

One thing I do struggle with is effect/affect. Always been my weak spot. I imagine @mjmooney would be appalled. 

Principle/Principal. Every single time. 

• Like 1

Â