Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I'm still on crutches and decided to go into the office today as some of the team from Manchester came down to our new office. 

So I got the train like a good'un.

1st train, I had to ram myself onto it.  Inwas pressed up against the glass, the doors nearly closed on me. Meanwhile the people in the aisles not 3m away were happily gesticulating wildly with their arms.  I nearly fell off the train backwards when the doors opened.  It felt like one of those Japanese videos where the guards are just shoving at body mass.

The rest of the journey was fine once I got off that train for a platform change.

Then on the way back at 3.30, all 4 of the priority seats where taken by 1 pushchair - fine, one 40-odd year old bloke and two early 50-odd year old women.. all deeply buried in their phones, unable to look up at me.  I stood as I'm shit on crutches and can't sit on my left arse cheek, so I could have had a double seat to myself, but all were taken.  I stood next to them for 6 stops.  They never batted an eyelid as they got off, 2 of the women at the same stop.  Should I have just said "excuse me, do you mind if I sit there?" Because I was pretty bloomin furious when they got off.  I was in agony!

Just now, villa4europe said:

Sat in brum airport, flight delayed so badly that I'll have 20 mins at dusseldorf to make my connection, miss that and there is t another flight out of dusseldorf until Thursday...

Not in the holiday mood 

Last year I beat myself up as I had 30 minutes to make a flight in Reykjavik, how the hell would I get across Reykjavik airport in 30 minutes, then due to a delay it went down to 20 minutes. Reykjavik obviously isnt dusseldorf, but I could have transferred gates in 2 minutes at Reykjavik. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Sat in brum airport, flight delayed so badly that I'll have 20 mins at dusseldorf to make my connection, miss that and there is t another flight out of dusseldorf until Thursday...

Not in the holiday mood 

ON the plus side, I've connected at Dusseldorf before for work and it's a very quick airport to connect in. 

I had 45 minutes to make mine and made it with absolutely loads of time to spare.

So you may make it. Just get your skates on :) 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not in the holiday mood 

pta.jpeg

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Nope they've added another hour so definitely missed, airline say sort it here airport says sort it in dusseldorf, absolute mess 

@tonyh29 as resident Simon Calder, where should it be sorted in this situation?

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Nope they've added another hour so definitely missed, airline say sort it here airport says sort it in dusseldorf, absolute mess 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

@tonyh29 as resident Simon Calder, where should it be sorted in this situation?

I'd aim to sort it before you board , the airline should have a desk that can do that , even if the next flight is with a  different airline they will make the calls (unless it's Ryanair who will probably tell you to fornicate off)

When my BA flight went techy we missed our connection in Istanbul to Iran , as we'd landed after our initial flight had taken off the airline said all we could do is buy a new ticket for the flight next day and then take it up with Insurance ( we got reimbursed no prob)  ... but they said had it been before departure time of our original flight then they could have rebooked us FOC

Update...

Landed in dusseldorf they'd booked me a place on a bullet train to Frankfurt airport and a flight out of there tonight

Dusseldorf airport couldn't find my case so I missed the train :lol:

Now got a 7.30 flight to Munich, Hotel, flight first thing tomorrow so land 25 hours late

Shame I'll have no time for anything in Munich (and I went there at new year)

28 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I'd aim to sort it before you board , the airline should have a desk that can do that , even if the next flight is with a  different airline they will make the calls (unless it's Ryanair who will probably tell you to fornicate off)

When my BA flight went techy we missed our connection in Istanbul to Iran , as we'd landed after our initial flight had taken off the airline said all we could do is buy a new ticket for the flight next day and then take it up with Insurance ( we got reimbursed no prob)  ... but they said had it been before departure time of our original flight then they could have rebooked us FOC

I was flying through Atlanta on Sunday. Before boarding it was announced we'd be arriving 15 mins late which only gave me 40 minutes to make my connection. I explained this at the gate to make sure they were aware. They said it wouldn't be a problem, but when we landed they asked everyone to let anyone with connections less than 45 minutes to get off first.

Atlanta is so big I still only made it as they made the final call (five stops on the underground tram).

4 minutes ago, limpid said:

I was flying through Atlanta on Sunday. Before boarding it was announced we'd be arriving 15 mins late which only gave me 40 minutes to make my connection. I explained this at the gate to make sure they were aware. They said it wouldn't be a problem, but when we landed they asked everyone to let anyone with connections less than 45 minutes to get off first.

Atlanta is so big I still only made it as they made the final call (five stops on the underground tram).

If I fly through anywhere I always hope it's Atlanta if I am going to the states, they have connections down to a fine art.

Â