Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

5 hours ago, jjaacckk91 said:

Woman who doesn't work where I work has turned up with her kids to see someone who I work with and has taken over the break room.

Just want to chill out on my break, don't want to deal with kids.

Aaaand one of them just threw their drink on the floor.

Top.

I'd be genuinely complaining about that.

A woman who DOES work in our office was off on maternity last year. She must have "visited" about half a dozen times. Brought the baby every time.

She's one of these that thinks everybody cares about her stupid kid as much as she does.

Literally be on a conference call and there's the sound of a baby crying in the background. very professional.

• Like 2

This awful woman that worked with us part time decided to bring her toddler to an important staff meeting once.  It was so embarrassing, and she barely even made an effort to  control the kid.  Thank God she doesn't work with us any more, everything about her pissed me off, even the way she left, getting signed off sick for her notice period.  

Fridays - genuinely my worst day at work every week. Last 3 have been insanely busy. Makes me angry. Yet again I will have to work this Sunday to get up speed on everything that has kicked off today. 

Go back 10 years and Friday was work until lunchtime then off to Horts / Some Place Else / The Last Word for 2/3 pints and a bite to eat before heading back into the office to piss about until 5pm when we'd just go back to the bar.

Nowadays the social side has died. Who took the fun out of working?

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Yet again I will have to work this Sunday to get up speed on everything that has kicked off today. 

You've mentioned this a few times before, and I know it makes your Monday easier in the short term, but surely you're just making a rod for your own back?

If the work's piling up to the extent you have to routinely work weekends (unpaid, I'm guessing), stop bloody doing it. Manglement only care about fixing issues with staffing when it starts hurting the results.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Fridays - genuinely my worst day at work every week. Last 3 have been insanely busy. Makes me angry. Yet again I will have to work this Sunday to get up speed on everything that has kicked off today. 

Go back 10 years and Friday was work until lunchtime then off to Horts / Some Place Else / The Last Word for 2/3 pints and a bite to eat before heading back into the office to piss about until 5pm when we'd just go back to the bar.

Different company?    Some companies are fun to work for, and some aren't!

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

Different company?    Some companies are fun to work for, and some aren't!

Same company! Banking used to be fun. 

Damn these new regulations ;)

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

I went for a couple of birthday drinks for my colleague after work yesterday and was pissed by about 8 o'clock and had a hangover this morning.  Not as bad as my mate who got home, tripped over and knocked himself out on his hallway wall.  None of us can really drink anything any more.

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You've mentioned this a few times before, and I know it makes your Monday easier in the short term, but surely you're just making a rod for your own back?

If the work's piling up to the extent you have to routinely work weekends (unpaid, I'm guessing), stop bloody doing it. Manglement only care about fixing issues with staffing when it starts hurting the results.

I get what you are saying but I work in sales/account management and if you are busy it means you are doing something right. Without blowing my own trumpet, i'm very good at my job. 

As for being unpaid... yes and no. While I won't get overtime (management grades don't) the better I do, the bigger bonus I get... and i've done very on my last 3 bonuses. 

I enjoy my job, i'm just a victim of my own success. I shouldn't moan as others would love to have too much business but it can be a bind sometimes. 

On 22/02/2018 at 20:03, ferguson1 said:

Talking about toilet stuff at work etc, someone at our work keeps getting piss on the floor around the urinals.  We have our suspicions, but there really is no need.  A drip or two yes, but this guy must have a real problem or blatant disregard.  Basically, I don't want to stand in your piss mate :angry:

It seems to be a hot topic on VT in the last few weeks but seriously, until you've been to the khazi in a clothing factory in China - you've seen nowt.

And even then, until you've been to the khazi at a roadside petrol station in the middle of nowhere in China - you've definitely seen nowt.

I think after the first day I just took Imodium until we flew back the following week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

It seems to be a hot topic on VT in the last few weeks but seriously, until you've been to the khazi in a clothing factory in China - you've seen nowt.

And even then, until you've been to the khazi at a roadside petrol station in the middle of nowhere in China - you've definitely seen nowt.

I think after the first day I just took Imodium until we flew back the following week.

What were you doing in a clothing factory?

23 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

When I did the train up to Tibet eventually every toilet on the train was blocked , even the ones in first class people  had basically climbed on the seat and squatted and managed to miss the hole , there was no evidence of any toilet paper having been used either , never seen anything like it ... 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

When I did the train up to Tibet eventually every toilet on the train was blocked , even the ones in first class people  had basically climbed on the seat and squatted and managed to miss the hole , there was no evidence of any toilet paper having been used either , never seen anything like it ... 

I remember years ago in India the toilet on the train just had a hole at the bottom. So really you were just pissing or shitting on the track through a toilet!!

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Friday evenings since I quit drinking. I love Saturday mornings though. 

same here.  Always used to have few drinks on Friday and Saturday night, and be hungover Sat/Sun daytime. 

I haven't drank on Friday or Saturday night this year so far, and my weekends feel so much more clearer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

same here.  Always used to have few drinks on Friday and Saturday night, and be hungover Sat/Sun daytime. 

I haven't drank on Friday or Saturday night this year so far, and my weekends feel so much more clearer.

It's a bit boring though. But it's really nice to be fresh all weekend and Monday morning. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

I loved China, but I don't miss the toilets one **** bit. 

I did everything I could to avoid squatting to shit for as long as possible (and ended up eating a lot of KFC as a result) but one afternoon at the bogs at Sun Yat Sen's mausoleum I just completely lost control and more or less spray-painted half the room. Ghastly system. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â