Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I'm annoyed at myself.

Went out last night in Krakow, met a bunch of lads from Barnsley. Planned to go out with them again tonight, lost their details. Only got one of their first names and where they're from. Can't find em.

Will have to get a new group tonight!

Have people suddenly lost the ability to park a **** car without leaving a gap of nearly a third of a car's length between their car and the next vehicle?

Everyone on the road I live seems to be doing it now. No wonder there aren't enough spaces to park everyone's cars if they're all abandoning them like that.

Nob ends.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2018 at 21:42, bickster said:

Serving staff who explain the menu in the first person

How do you mean? 

As if they are the dishes?

"I am a scrumptious steak and ale pie. served with properly seasoned crunchy chips or creamy mash, thick mushy peas and lashing of gravy."

Like that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 8pints said:

How do you mean? 

As if they are the dishes?

"I am a scrumptious steak and ale pie. served with properly seasoned crunchy chips or creamy mash, thick mushy peas and lashing of gravy."

Like that?

Tonight I have... or I've got a nice Merlot... On the desert menu I have

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, a m ole said:

English people who pronounce the letter T in the middle of a word with a ‘D’ sound.

Example? Americans tend to do it more, while Brits go for the glottal stop. How many of us would enunciate the "tt" in "rotten"? It's usually "ro'un". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Example? Americans tend to do it more, while Brits go for the glottal stop. How many of us would enunciate the "tt" in "rotten"? It's usually "ro'un". 

Probably stuff like “data” pronounced as “dah-da”

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Probably stuff like “data” pronounced as “dah-da”

Yeah, that's a US thing. Brits would say "DAY-ta" - and I once worked with an older guy, who always pronounced it "DAH-ta". The 'estuary' version would be glottal stopped - "DAY'a". 

Edited by mjmooney

Â