Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I've got no intention to read racist twitter stuff so forgive me if i just take your collective word for the vile replies. Far be it from me to **** on her chips either but I'm not too sure the Syrian guy who was begging up the road from me the other day in the freezing cold would appreciate her crowing about scoring a victory too much. I wasn't too proud of 'our nation' as I handed him a cup of tea to be perfectly honest with you.

• Like 1

How people encourage others to drink when they are trying to quit.

I've had drink problems in the past and have been 4 weeks dry now. Went pub today and on 2 occasions people put the pint glass up to my nose and tried to temp me to drink.  I had to tell one guy about 5 times not to buy me a drink.

Now I know they only having a laugh and don't realise how much drink has affected me the past. But it just shows how engrained drinking is in our lives that there is no consideration of it being a drug anymore.  You're not seen as normal if no drinking. 

People actually couldn't understand that I didn't want a drink. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, VILLAMARV said:

I've got no intention to read racist twitter stuff so forgive me if i just take your collective word for the vile replies. Far be it from me to **** on her chips either but I'm not too sure the Syrian guy who was begging up the road from me the other day in the freezing cold would appreciate her crowing about scoring a victory too much. I wasn't too proud of 'our nation' as I handed him a cup of tea to be perfectly honest with you.

Yeh but that cup of tea could have gone to an English homeless person! 

That was the general tone of the tweets so you did well to avoid it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

17 million people made an idiotic decision.

Only because there is no plan for it. I still believe in the long term it will work out for the best for the Country. Europe can't continue how it is without massive reform which is unlikely to ever happen. 

The PIGS are in a mess and it's a matter of team before other countries vote to leave. 

Anyway I guess there's a thread for this. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Just now, ender4 said:

yep, same.   Love going to work, love the company i work for, love my team, and enjoy the work i do.

yep my new job is ace, wouldn't have said the same a month ago though, then again That Sunday night feeling never existed because it would either be 2 more 6am starts left out of 6, My last shift of 6 finishing at 10pm or I'd be off and Monday would be my last shift off

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ender4 said:

yep, same.   Love going to work, love the company i work for, love my team, and enjoy the work i do.

Yep me too now.

It only took 25 years but hey ho :D

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Example? Americans tend to do it more, while Brits go for the glottal stop. How many of us would enunciate the "tt" in "rotten"? It's usually "ro'un". 

budder on your toast

a warder boddle to drink from

the sevendies

Obivously in an American accent it’s fine but it’s becoming more and more prevelant in city types with posh boy accents trying to sound international.

I wrote the post after listening to a Ted Radio Hour that had Johan Haari on it, and it made him even more insufferable.

• Like 1

Â